Options

Sheffield social

Comments

• Options
    Morning image

Ally! Come and join the mad house. They're alright really, just talk a load of shite!! I'll give you the low-down on everyone when I see you - Thurs or Fri??

Flying back this afternoon. Was supposed to be staying with my brother in London tonight but with all this rioting I reckon I'll drive straight home! Legs feel more like my own today image but I have a really sharp pain in my foot, which is pretty annoying image

Moz - there'll be loads of us at Outlaw so it's the obvious choice!

Thanks for the congrats etc image

ET - need to picnic with you and your girls!
  • Options

AAAAIIITCHHHHHHHHH!!! I'm so so proud,I could cry! Kept an eye on the tracker all day while I was at my parent's house - you're amazing. Well done doesn't cover it! Sob.. sniff! Awesome.

I made it back from London yesterday - just on our way to Waterloo station as the riot vans started whizzing about, slightly scary! We also managed to be on the M42 coming home just as the riot vans were whizzing their way towards Birmingham. Starting to get a tad paranoid....

Hugs to Diddz Jnr and hello to Ally! x

• Options
    Aitch! wrote (see)
    Morning image Ally! Come and join the mad house. They're alright really, just talk a load of shite!! I'll give you the low-down on everyone when I see you - Thurs or Fri?? Flying back this afternoon. Was supposed to be staying with my brother in London tonight but with all this rioting I reckon I'll drive straight home! Legs feel more like my own today image but I have a really sharp pain in my foot, which is pretty annoying image Moz - there'll be loads of us at Outlaw so it's the obvious choice! Thanks for the congrats etc image ET - need to picnic with you and your girls!

Ally - don't listen to a word she says. Well not about me anyway. Whatever she says about Didds is utterly true - he's a tosser image

Outlaw it is then Aitch! image. You doing it then Mrs? Decided not to enter until I've dipped me toe in to OW - terrified tbh, Hathersage really put me off - and that was a bloody pool swim! Gonna try and pal Bex to the TNT swim next Sat if I can find a sitter, if I think I can hack it I'll enter. I know I sound like a complete wuss, but I'm really claustrphibic in the water - after talking to my sister the only explanation that I can come up with is that I got stuck in an airing cupboard when I was playing hide and seek as a kid - I wouldn't go in lifts for a while, but eventually overcame that. I'm ok in the virgin pool coz I'm used to it, it's clear water and it doesn't have a deep end, but I'm really worried that I'll completely freak out in OW image. Not the Moz you all know and love I know! image

• Options

Moz I think we need to know exactly how you managed to get stuck in the airing cupboard.

Just so we can help you with the swimming...

Welcome Ally. Chesvegas is fine image Now that you've mentioned Nottingham I take it you'll be doing the Outlaw.

• Options

Moz - You'll be ok at Tyram (or rother valley).

You can stand up pretty much all the way round in tyram, so no need to panic, and if you remember the wetsuit makes you float, you'll have no problem.

I think as far as actual coaching STC is much better, AItch may be able to confirm (I haven't been to RV this year) but if Will still does novice group, he's VERY good at being patient & explaining everything, if you were to join them for the first sessions next year I reckon that would be the best start... It's difficult startting now as a lot of 'beginners' will have done a few weeks at least already.

Hi Ally, welcome to the madhouse....

• Options
    BMBecky wrote (see)

Moz - You'll be ok at Tyram (or rother valley).

You can stand up pretty much all the way round in tyram, so no need to panic, and if you remember the wetsuit makes you float, you'll have no problem.

I think as far as actual coaching STC is much better, AItch may be able to confirm (I haven't been to RV this year) but if Will still does novice group, he's VERY good at being patient & explaining everything, if you were to join them for the first sessions next year I reckon that would be the best start... It's difficult startting now as a lot of 'beginners' will have done a few weeks at least already.

Hi Ally, welcome to the madhouse....

Do you reckon that's the best bet then Bex? Jon reckons I should get in to OW asap - I must admit I feel as though I should - if I really really hate it I'll ditch Outlaw plans - at the mo I come out in hives just thinking about OW! Rediculous I know, I've got worse! I'm turning in to a girl image.
  • Options
    Hello everyone!! Nice to 'meet' you all! ?

Hmmm, I'm not sure what this Outlaw thing is? :-/ Am I being a bit thick? What does it entail? I have only done one 'proper' ride when Aitch took me for an induction into the Peak District...for 40 miles! image

Aitch, well done, well done - I am VERY VERY proud!! I wasn't going to run with the club tonight but I thought of your ironman and dragged myself out there. Fri is good! You can give me the low down on this lot image x

• Options
    One Pace Baz wrote (see)

Moz I think we need to know exactly how you managed to get stuck in the airing cupboard.

Just so we can help you with the swimming...

I climbed in playing hide and seek - I was about 7. I shut the door and heard it click - thought 'FUCK!' as my language was choice even in those days. However, I kicked like fuck and booted my way out of there, destroying half of my friends parents bathroom in the process image. Since then I've been a bit iffy in enclosed spaces. I realised that I don't have a water thing as such, but I hate the 'enclosed' feeling that I get in water - like I said - I'm ok in the virgin pool because I'm used to it, it's clear water and I know I can simply stand up at any point, but Hathersage freaked me out when I couldn't see, it felt really clasutrophobic. I think I may need hypnotherapy!
  • Options

Evening everyone,

What a great pic of Sheils image

I've been biking today & walked a hilly 5 yesterday, as went over on my ankle on Sunday. I took some arnica yesterday & have some bruising emerging & it feels much better tonight.  Traing going well, so can't be doing with injuries image

I know some of you will of seen it on FB but this is me doing Bradwell fell. I was well chuffed to of PB, even in the heat

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/603529/Gallery/BionicBets_at_Bradwell.jpg

• Options

Think we all know what game to play when we have another socioal round at Mozzies image

Haile - can't wait for tonights run, thought its likely to rain.

Up & Running are surrently offering 20% off to club runners following Keep On Running going into administration, thinking of getting a pair of Mudroc 290s which would be £68 (down from £85).

• Options
    I don't have an airiing cupboard Didds. I do have an attic and a very small downstairs loo though. Crikey it's all getting a bit 'Wisteria Avenue' innit?
  • Options
    Gambatt3Gambatt3 ✭✭✭

Ayup, back again.

Why did the chicken kill itself?*

I keep thinking "when can I get down to RV for a swim?" Problem now is that I only turned up for the first session. Seems everythings conspired to make saturday mornings awkward. So now I don't know whether to turn up as the novice group will have moved on?....

anyway

How come sometimes you go out, do 10 miles and everything 'flows'. You spend the whole run smiling

last nights club run. Less than 5 mile and not that fast.

??

Why did it feel so uncomfortable?

*to get to the other side

Badoom tish! I'll get mi coat.....

• Options
    image - just part of the life and times of being a regular runner.  Is it a late after effect from the TR24?
  • Options
    Gambatt3Gambatt3 ✭✭✭

Probably just being hard on myself, bad day. Marathon training..........

More likely an after effect of the 18 miler on Sunday and the cycle commute Monday. image

• Options

Look out for the next edition of the northern runing guide folks - we're in it! And I don't sound like too much of a dick image

Nice night for Didds and Sheils image. Wonder how they got on.

• Options
    Mozzy wrote (see)

Nice night for Didds and Sheils image. Wonder how they got on.

We had a great time, the rain held off for most of the time we were running.

We probably came last as we only managed 95pts,  but we had fun and I got us lost a couple of times whch is easy given neither of us are great map readers and that cost us a lot of time/points getting back on track.

Stil, no point being a fair weather fell runner is there.

• Options

Nice one Didds/Sheils image The only thing about that that sounds marginaly appealing about is running with your mate!

I got soaked - did a 13 miler over Burbage. Still, had fun sloshing through  all the puddles as I couldn't have got any wetter.

Bad news though, got that awful nerve thing again but in my other leg - kept me awake most of last night. Not sure if it's gonna bench  me or not - feels different to last time. Doing  a track session on Friday so I'll see how I go.

More bad news - I'm 46 today. which means that I'm now officailly neaerer to 50 than I am 40. And I've not even tipped over in to a new age category as compensation image.

Even more bad news - the way my training has had to pan out this week I have to go for a swim. I've had to set my alarm to go for a swim. And I effin hate swimming and it's my birthday image

• Options
    Happy birthday Mozzy.

how did you get lost in warncliffe woods haile?
    i would never get lost in there. HONEST! lol

well done didds/Sheils

i just did a 7.35mile last night in the rain and wind from work to oughtibridge. was supposed to be a slow pace but the faster the rain got the faster my pace got.
    I got that wet i had to strip naked in coronation park to put on dry clothes. not good
  • Options

LOL I just read that as 75miles!!  Awesome running haile.

Happy Birthday to Moz, Happy birthday to Moz....

First run walk for ages for me today.... and then spin class earlydoors tomorrow, that'll make 3 consecutive days exercise, for probably the first time in 2 months!

• Options

Morning.

Happy Birthday Mozzie image.

Good running Moz, Haile and Gaz and a big thanks to Sheils for coming out to run last night. Bex - its a step in the right direction, you'll soon be Outlaw fit image

Moz - the rain was torrential over Burbage about 5pm yesterday while I waited for Sheils, hope you weren't out then?  You would actually love the MMM if you ran with someone like Riggsy who could navigate, it is more fun running them with someone thatn on your own, though some take it very seriously.

• Options
    Gambatt3Gambatt3 ✭✭✭

smart lad I know went rioting in Rotherham last night, one of the mob who looted Argos.

He's got 300 catalogues if anyone wants one?

• Options
    Happy birthday Mozzyyyy! image
  • Options

Morning!

Happy Birthday Moz. TBF you hardly look a day over 45. image

Good running by folks yesterday. I did about 6 in the rain. In pain most of the time which isn`t good but probably (hopefully) just after effects of 13 miles on Monday. Had a busy day shifting stuff around the house and moving little(st) one into her own room. image

Who`s doing Newark or Askern on Sunday?

• Options
    Sheils-Sheils- ✭✭✭

Happy birthday Mozzy imageimage

PJAZ wrote (see)

a big thanks to Sheils for coming out to run last night. Moz - the rain was torrential over Burbage about 5pm yesterday while I waited for Sheils, hope you weren't out then?  You would actually love the MMM if you ran with someone like Riggsy who could navigate, it is more fun running them with someone thatn on your own, though some take it very seriously.

It was good fun last night- I had absolutely no idea where i was for any of it and just blindly followed Didds, I just enjoyed the run and getting to see a new area and getting wet and getting lost  and the biscuits at the finish (oh and the company of course image)  We did of course take it all very seriously image 

I think Mozzy would love it.

Garry image i love your jokes!

• Options

image - not me, I'll be in Devon image

Here's the route from last night

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/route-561114

you'll see the main navigation error between 1.5m and 3m where we drop down and then climb back up again, we should have taken a path which went straight across but we missed it and we lost a lot of time getting back up to the CP at mile 3 as it was a tough climb, had we gone straight across we would have had time to go for a 20pt CP rather than the 5pt one we picked up at mile 2.  Ah well, its all an experience.

• Options

Sounds like good fun, Diddz and Sheils!

Anyone seen all the Ennis clobber in Argos now? Didn`t realise she`d got her own range of exercise equipment. Also good feature in Star about Hatti Dean. image