Comments

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    Kaz - maybe it takes as long as Beachy to crack this marathon image
  • Options

Im coming back next year

I bloody LOVED it

• Options

Hit the wall at 24 hours!!! Just two more miles and I'd have finsihed without walking.  Grrrr.  Lovely race though and no injuries so feeling pretty positive.  I was asked by a marahall at 23 miles if I was ok - perhaps I looked like I was about to hit the wall.  I too was impressed that they were not just marahalling but keeping an eye on our well being as well.  ARe entries open for next year yet...image)

Sooooo much better than London.

• Options
    RFJ since I followed you over the line I guess I finished 32nd. 

Absolutely fantastic race (not overly coloured by my pb), a great example of how to do a race.  well done Halstead RR
  • Options
    Fantastic race and organisation! Could have done with it being a bit cooler! Managed to knock 50 minutes of my Pb and finish in 3:54:37. Chuffed. Enjoying a few beers now and looking forward to a sports massage tomorrow. Well done everyone!
  • Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

That would make sence Drifter image results were up on the gym wall (about the first 150 anyway), well done

Well done all, must make a note and read back, but that was just so special today, will I be back - definatly YES,

I have now PBd at this course twice, once in 2006 by just over 1m 30 and today by 20 mins 01.......

The support was awesome throughout, but Fetchpoint at Levits corner was special

• Options

Great race, so well organised.

Reading back, big pats on the back to you all, it was bloomin hot out there today! Some great running/times. image

3:17:24 for me and seeing as it was my first ever marathon a PB for me, so a very happy (but shattered) larry.

• Options
    I just LOVED it - a perfect marathon. Thank you so  much to the organisers... will definitely be back next year... I am still smiling about it now... great! 10/10
  • Options

You all looked amazing, shiny and brilliant.  image Was only supporting (and marshalling with smallest at mile 3..) but what a top day!  Hope my children kept you in jelly babies, those that needed them...

Oh and it was lovely to meet Hipps at last, early at the start! image  and see Kaz, and Joe, though Joe not running...  My husband (in pink CLIC Sargent vest with picture of our daughter on the back) had a good first half but terrible second - back problems recurring, and he hadn't recovered from a chest infection, so I'm really proud that he finished through the pain.

A great day!!  This marathon should be on everyone's list, and is definitely on mine for next year. image

• Options

Lovely to see you too Geves.  Thanks for the support!  Saw your hubby - shame I didn't realise who he was.

• Options
    winklewinkle ✭✭✭

Geves, you and Stephane are always stars in my eyes.image xx

• Options
    Thank you Perri, and you in ours image xx
  • Options

I proved to myself today that 2 weeks rest after the FLM is not enough for me to tackle another marathon, in spite of a couple of cheery chaps from the 100 marathon club pointing out it was their fourth in four weeks.   Consequently, I was 22 minutes slower than in London.

High points for me included meeting an old friend at drinks station #4, as well as the support from those who had turned out to watch.   A really well-organised event.

Low points included trying to do the last 10 miles with increasingly severe cramp, and my overall finishing time.   And why did my freezer have to give up the ghost, forcing me to cook roast duck when I got home?

Well done to all the organisers, supporters and my fellow runners; I will be back, but not if I do the VLM in 2010!

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

Sir CdeC - Well done. I did a faster time than FLM. If I do Halstead again it will not be 2 weeks after another marathon.

This race rocks image

• Options

Geves - loved the jelly Bs and your children are angels image

Great fun and congratulations to all at HRR for organising and marshalling - friendly as ever and a pleasure to take part. I think I thanked most of the marshalls on my way round, and even got one sprinting ahead to fill up my water bottle - so a special thanks to him!

• Options

you finished sir C, what more do you want

Roast duck

mmmmmmmmm

• Options
    CharlieWCharlieW ✭✭✭
    Drifter -- any mortal can register to view the results. Which Excel said were corrupt and it did its best to fix them (in Office 2007 anyway). I'd already registered so I could read previous years' results -- the bulletin-board type format isn't very friendly for results I think. (Not complaining though -- I thought this race was splendidly organised, with excellent marshalling and signpost coverage and generous drink stations too. All good stuff.)
  • Options

Sir C de C - were those 2 cheery chaps really chaps or were they girls? We ran with someone for a bit who ran FLM and we mentioned it was our 4th in 4 weeks. I may not look like a girl, but I do talk like one! It may have been someone else altogether though. Sorry you had cramp, but well done for finishing.

Had a great day, met lots of friends and some new people too. Hi to Hippo, Tracey G, Shades, Peter Burns, and met wild @ heart on the way round. Also big hello to RichK, and thanks for your support and friendly smile as always.

Big thanks to the organisers for another excellent marathon.

• Options
    eastham75eastham75 ✭✭✭

what can i say great day out and looking forward to next year allready,

• Options

Outstanding, as usual, HRR, well done! Thanks to the marshall, cadets, water station people and organisers.

How did you do Flynn - I was constantly looking over my shoulder during the last 2 miles for fear of seeing you running me down as I staggered along in my cramp induced 'old man's shuffle' (which RichK may have got evidence of)!

Great to say hello to some new people and renew aquaintances (brilliant run RFJ, good work up that ladder RichK).

Really pleased with my first 22.5 miles and not surprised, given lack of training, that cramp in my calves slowed me right down towards the end. 4:35 vs my guesstimate of 4:30.

• Options

Anybody know if the photos are up anywhere yet?

• Options
    TheraThera ✭✭✭

There are about 1700 pics up on www.myeventphoto.co.uk already. I think the other one, www.photoboxgallery.com/hrr, are not up yest but shoudl be done soon.

The pics look good!!

Well done to everyone!!!imageimage

• Options
    The usual high stand race at Halstead. Unfortunately they'd run out of large t-shirts by the time I'd finished (4.21) but the ladies on the stand said that if I emailed the organiser with my address, one would be sent to me. You can't say fairer that that!
  • Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭
    I found it funny that they ran out of large t-shirts and it is normally the smaller sizes that go first.
  • Options
    When you bought the TShirts I always managed to get a big one. I then had an "arrangement whereby they kept back a big one for me as I have finished well down the field these lst few years. But yesterday I had no arrangement and I finished too late for a Large T Shirt so I am having one sent. But I don't find it funny. I like my TShirts. You're cruel Tracey...... and you seemed such a nice lady yesterday.
  • Options

When I get home tonight I shall change the results so that anyone can view them without registering on our website.. Can't do it here at work I'm afraid. Also, the issue with the Excel corruption have been fixed and if you register the files are now viewable. The text files have always been viewable though (once registered) and contain the same data.

My race was superb. I completed 30 miles in 4 hours 27 minutes which I'm really happy with. I tried my best to cheer the marathon runners along as I passed them at their 24 mile mark. image

• Options
    SHADESSHADES ✭✭✭✭

Well done UltraFlynn - thats a good time

Thought this was a fantastic race, beautiful course, wonderful marshalls and very slick organisation.  I was very impressed.  I think I could have got close to my marathon PB yesterday had I not run a marathon on Saturday too, next time will run on fresh legs.

Tracey - well done on your time, I know you find it harder in the warmer weather, you did really well and it was good to spend a bit of time running together.

Peter - are you stalking me?   I'm off to Newry too.

• Options
    Tracey GTracey G ✭✭✭

Peter -  every race I do they are always large and people moan about them, I don't  thou. Just thought it was strange that the large ones went fast yesterday. Emial me and I will send you Bernards lovely photos of you.

Flynn - that is a fantastic time for 30 miles imageimageimage Big well done imageimageimage

Halstead RC did a great job yesterday. I can see now why Peter keeps coming back again and again.

• Options
    eastham75eastham75 ✭✭✭
    Hi Kevin i just pipped you by 3 minutes.
  • Options

Tracey

Only joking. I still think you are a nice lady and I'll email you about my pics.... but I must run I have a luncheon appointment with our vistors. If the infant behaves better than he did last night we may be allowed to stay in the restaurant!

Shades.

I've been stalking you for a while ..... but you won't slow down... you keep running away and I can't catch you!  I think Roger is organising the social side of things for Newry and was going to put round an email. Mary and I are staying at the posh hotel  The Canal Quay... or something like that (we got a deal) Roger and Tad are going down market. You're not with them , are you???