Options

2009 Albert Bartlett Edinburgh Marathon

Comments

• Options
    so did you get any nice birthday pressies n treats soph ?image
  • Options
    I got a new laptop bag, I don't really care much for b'days though.  So, I've put all the cards in a box and today is another day! image  My brother texted me at 10.58p.m. last night to wish me happy birthday.  Now, that's more like it...........  Made me chuckle, brothers are so disorganised thank gawd.
  • Options

thats funny with your brother !! LoL!image

hey soph dya remember donnie shaw from the forum? he  had to pull out the ed marathon last year because there was something wrong with his heart?...he used to be in my facebook  friends but i have realised hes dissapeard from there....wonder what ever happenned  with him and his heart prob?

• Options
    Yep, I remember Donnie Shaw saying about his heart prob, but I don't recall seeing anything else.  Sorry.
  • Options

Jeez, you lot on the go early today! Hope you got your run in Smiffie (and didn't fall asleep instead lol).

Glad you're feeling a bit better today Soph - take t easy tonight.

I feel good today - looking forward to maybe a couple of easy miles tonight if time allows.

Bungee - glad you've made a decision that suits you best. You'll really enjoy the spectating though.

Amber - I noticed Donnie disappeared from Facebook too. Was gonna drop him a note recently but could';t find him. Hope he's okay.

RR - I'm a bit like that, I can't run well til at least 2pm!!! 

Right, gonna take this wee fella out for a walk - too much TV!!! 

• Options
    Member profile for Donnie, you could try emailing him Amber.  He's not posting since March though, so I dunno....
  • Options
    A service, a repair, a new back tyre and an MOT for about £400 less than old Arnold the Shark charged last year.  I think I may be able to afford some internet shopping now image
  • Options

HI Soph ... thanks ...yeah i guess i could send a wee message..say we all say hi and hope everythings okay.

hi bedshaped !image

• Options
    some great pics there canniggaimage
  • Options

Hi guys.

Bungee just read back. You not doing Loch ness? You really sure? You know i know (yup confusing) where you're coming from. I'll treating this as my last tarmac marathon for a while so gonna try my bestest then hang up road shoes. You better be there though in some form or another.

Soph you feeling any wiser now you'e another year older? Yup caniggia she's a jumpy puppy excitable thing is our Soph aint she?

Heehee my work computer blocking the "clown" image thank god.

Well done A Watson that is not a pants timeimage 

bedshaped your leggies ok? Amber back better this afternoon?

I didn't notice donnie of my facebook.

Caniggia if you want your pic of TofF send me your address, don't worry i wont tell the rest of them so that we all turn up on your doorstep with a carryout image

What other mischief have i missed? Kiwi?

• Options

Carryout, where? PMSL....

Who are you calling excitable?  Well, maybe... imageimage  But, a puppy!!

Did someone mention the age thing again.................. GAH.... I'm not bothered about age, just the fuss that's made of a silly day of the year.  Same goes for Christmas and yes I am a misery guts.  I just hate fussing over these sorts of days, whereas a race day that's a different matter.  Wise by 25, insane by 35.... Hehe.

• Options

Ssshh, i'll send his address when he sends it Soph(party chez caniggias)image.

Nothing wrong with being excitable Sophimage. Age is just a state of mind for sure.

• Options
    It is a state of mind.  The older you get the more befuddled and forgetful your mind becomes image
  • Options
    ROFL... I don't remember.  Who are you?
  • Options

I'm waiting for a grey hair comment!!!!!! image

• Options
    You pull them out with tweezers Can!  Or there is always Grecian 2000, working in a pharmacy you should know this.... image
  • Options
    Wait till i check my ID badge? Erm, not too sure who i am, not good at reading upside down. I look weird in pic upside down too. You can see up my nose and the blood rushing to my head. I better go now, not sure where too mind you, somewhere cool and dark i think. I'm old and beffudled, just you wait till you young fings turn old. Bedshaped hits it next yearimage
  • Options
    Did someone mention batfink?  Oh fings, I thought I'd need my wings that are like a shield of steel.  Not fangs then.  Sorry, I think my memory has gone, what were we talking about?
  • Options
    NO don't pull them out with a tweezer, they grow back in and stick up horizontal. I'm trying to remember that kids programme, was a scottish one and the guy had a grey bowl cut hairdo and grey hair sticking up on top and he had glasses on i think, quite a famous actor but as i'm beffudled i can't remember it. Soemithing like Mr Magoo but not Mr Magoo, he's that wee bald guy.image. Ok of to dark cool place now.
  • Options
    Karen I believe you're thinking of Mr Majeika
  • Options
    It was Stanley Baxter who played him
  • Options
    Is this advice coming from experience then Karen that they stick up horizontally?  PMSL....  I'm rocking in my chair trying to hold the laughter in now.  image
  • Options

Hey Karen I can't wait til I hit 40 next year. i can jump up and down and say yahoo, i can run!!!! (assuming I don't fall off a cliff between now and then mind you image)  I have noticed this last few months that the old grey hairs are coming in thick and fast!!! I think I'm gonna have to turn to the grecian myself ! Maybe have some subtle highlights??image

PMSL Soph - your colleagues must wonder what's going on image

Feeling quite pleased at this from today's club bulletin congratulations to Lesley Halstead who sliced over 30 minutes of her previous best to time at 2.08.38 imageimage

Man is that the time already???!!!!  

• Options

Ah that's it Greg, well done you. Erm maybe i have had a few stick up grey hairs Soph, maybe not, not telling.

Bedshaped if you jump up and down when you hit 40, please do a wee first cause the old bladder starts to go as wellimage. And you fall over lots and lots. Good fun.

I'm gonna have a wee look see at your club site, way to go you famous one.

Who else doing Stirling 10k this weekend? Anyone? Must check fetch.

• Options

Hi guys.Finished work at 6.00 and had enough time to go for a quick 8 miles before it gets too dark.In fact here in Somerset it is now 7.35 and still light.Not a drop of rain here today.But pretty grim again here tommorrow.Last friday was torrential all day.

I remember watching Batfink in New Zealand when I was about 6 years old.In fact I am still a sucker for a cartoon.Bring on THUNDERBIRDS. 

• Options

Hello you nutters, I won't name you individually cos I can't remember your names imageimage

oh wait a minute a name is coming back to me now, a mad ultra, prone to sweating person.......

Karen I am sure, cos I haven't been putting the miles in that I should have been in the last couple of months. I am even stiff today after a half marathon, normally the legs are ticketyboo!! If my fitness was ok and I just felt image then I would prob still go for it but we all know how hard 26.2 miles are and that's with the training done!!! When I do Loch Ness next I want to get that PB image prob next year lol I think I have just run out of steam this year but I will be there for the weekend cheering you all on so am looking forward to that image

bedshaped well done you star you image 

Caniggia LMAO @ Arnold the Shark, we will never go back there again either!!!

• Options

Woo hoo. Back to running today after having the lurgy for the past week or so. I feel so much less stressed for getting out. Only 4 miles but it's a start.

Karen - I had thought about doing Stirling....but then forgot to enter and the entries are closed now. Next race for me will probably by Dunbar 10 miles (not entered that one yet either though). Anyone else planning that one?

• Options

Kiwi weather was fab here today then a downpour and now it's dark. Well done on your run. image

As long as you're happy with your desicion Bungee and you'll be there with pompoms. My legs so tired after Satudays run and i probably shouldn't have done as much as i have lately as you're supposed to have a good few weeks after an ultra but need to build up my mileage. Do any of you remember doing your first 10k and not being able to walk the next day? I've hardly done any solely LSR's on tarmac for a very long time and I'm not going to. My feet will probably fall of at Loch ness. 

It is a start RR, glad you're feeling better. So many sicky bugs going about lately. I had cold last week that subsided at weekend(due to alcohol consumption no doubt) but back today again.