Well done Smiffie imageimageimageimage and 

well done Smout imageimageimageimage

• Options
    oh and now Well done DCB imageimageimageimage
  • Options

Hi Guys!!!!

happy birthday sophster  xximageimage

Well done Everyone !!....some great times!!xxxxxxxxximage

Molly all i can say is WOW!..and clink clink.Mines a glass of red .....xximage

I ran as i expected for the way i have been feeling health wise  ...set off at marathon pace and thought i'll push it  after 5k if i feel okay ... but i didn't  feel okay ..i walked 3 times .....i finished comfortably  in my marathon 10k split time of just over 50 mins ....quite happy to have been able to take part ..i Love glasgow ! ...the support, jimmy savel waving away ........BUT ........

Where the hell is my caramel wafer this year !!!image

• Options

Well done Molly, wow wonderwoman.image

Well done bedshaped, that's not a crap timeimage

DCB superbimage

Amber you too, brilliant timeimage

Gonna run out of image's aint i?

• Options
     here have some of mine ....imageimageimagewell doneto you too with your 18 miler karen ...feels like ages since i have done any long runs !
  • Options
    DCB.....thats just a brilliant time , i  know its not as fast as you have done but id love to get that kinda time for a half image
  • Options

Way good times being posted............ Soph / Smout any good photos?

WOW Molly you got that bib for Paris now then image don't know if I'll be going anymore.  Tempted to enter just to keep my options open though.........

Bedshaped - it happens, isn't nice but you'll be back for another so try not to dwell on it.  Your trainings been fine, sounds like you were carrying a niggle that chose wrong moment to flare up..........

Well Done Smout, Tricialitt, DCB, FOAR, Amber............

Thanks for the fetch points DCB & FOAR image

Is Caniggia33 still holed up with no internet access......

Tired 18's are hard Karen, well done for getting out image

Went out and ran another 16.9 miles to make up the required 20 this afternoon....... so might fall asleep revising image 

Right must be off to do this revision........ exams in about a month and really could do without the hassle of resitting........

• Options

Hello, hope everyone doing the Glasgow half had a good day!  Enjoyed the run - not sure about my time as I forgot to set my watch at the start - we were too busy laughing at Jimmy Saville and his huge cigar! 

Molly - great time - well done, you must be chuffed!

• Options

WOW some awesome times folks image

Molly I knew you would do it imageimage bloody fantastic, enjoy your wine you soooooo deserve it
    Amber well done, you did so well after being ill all week!! Superb imageimage
    DCB fab time, well done you imageimage
    Tricia great to meet you, pity we couldn't have chatted for longer but cest la vie eh! Well done on your PB imageimage you are like bedshaped a wee ickle person image 
    Smiffie awesome PB well done imageimage
    Smout well done lass imageimage
    Foxy well done to you imageimage
    bedshaped well done on your time image you didn't bomb you just didn't get the time you hoped for x
    Soph HAPPY BIRTHDAY image thank you so much for my well needed hug image 

I don't even know what my time was today, I thought I had put the virual runner thing on my garmin but it ended up being on quick training course or something similar!! image and when I plugged it into my laptop when I got home it says I did 15 miles!! eh! Think it was around 2.10. I ran from the start to about 9 miles with wee col which helped me when I started to struggle. It didn't help mind you that we were on 8 something m/m for the first 3-4 miles as I knew I would pay for that!!! My lack of training came back to bite me with the weak legs, when you are not as fit as you can be or have been its not as much fun is it!!!!!
    I honestly don't think I should be having a shot at LN when I know I will pay for it on the day and struggle round in 5+ hrs and then hate myself for it at the finish!!! My mind and body is just not in the right place just now, I want to remember LN on the high I got with my PB last year, not dragging myself round knowing I am no way as fit as I should be to do it justice and more importantly enjoy it on the day!!!! I am in turmoil, my heart is saying I am not a quitter but my head is saying, dont be daft you are going to gain nothing by still running it when really, I will only be running it for the sake of it as I have entered not cos I actually want to. Opinions??????

I am feeling fine after today, by no means on a downer, I think I just need a break from 'having' to run so I can enjoy going out when I want to with no pressure on me to run a set distance etc.

• Options
    Karen honey I forgot about you!!! a thousand apologies x image am I getting this right that you did 18 miles ASWELL as the 22 at River Airways????? No? image
  • Options
    bungee, I'm glad the hug helped.  I'd just like to say that on marathon 4/5 I had some real sh1te times and it was a real mental hurdle to enter some more marathons, but I came back even stronger.  No one can take away from you the good times and the memories of that good race even if you do it again.  I've had howlers and great times at Edinburgh, but come back for more punishment each time.  I'd give it a go and you know we'll be there to cheer you on. image  I think I just talked myself into entering Edinburgh again there huh..... image
  • Options

yeah sorry Karen, I forgot too xxxx  Well done on your 18 miles imageimage  Bungee, well done! Sorry i didn't see you. I did see your brother tho near the end- was he waiting for you to come in? I sneaked into the blue pen with SueW (who was supposed to be there!!) and started ahead.

Anyway, I'm gonna get all positive now - yahoo, I took 32 mins off my previous time imageimage  I did a half marathon today imageimage 

• Options
    Bungee, you could do Loch Ness as a wee social run and not worry at all about the time? You'll always have the great experience you had last year. Aw, well done Soph getting you a hug (could have done with one myself).
  • Options

Just getting supper, been running in and out while unpacking my book boxes that were packed up when I left Barnsley a year ago!!

Fab run Karen...  I was hollering today, so must be a fair bit better.  Great run from you.  You deserve that massage.

Poor you bedshaped, you did real good though.  You've come a long way since that scare earlier in the year, so that's a real achievement.  You should have run over for the hug.  Mail me you email and I'll send over the pic I took of you. image  It's a tad blurry, think I'd been looking out so hard that I got excited!!

FOTR, fab PB from you.  Well done.

Molly, you're a star.  Have another glass for my b'day, chinky.  I bet you are overjoyed at getting your time at last. imageimageimage

Trisha/Smout fab PB's from you guys too.  I missed you both, but you probably saw me screeching after the water point between 11 and 12.  Yes, that was nutty me.... image

Everyone else, really well done.  My brain is mush, so I may have forgotten someone....

• Options
    Oh you were positve bedshaped, heh.  Good stuff. 
  • Options

Bungee, big hugs, major dilemmaXX No i just did 18 miles, the mileage they had noted for race was a bit dodgy!! I felt the same on Saturday, totally knackered right at the start and the 6 of us were gonna stick with about 10-11 min miles on that terrain but they all belted of and some miles were 9 mins which i struggled with big time. Get your head sorted and just treat today as a 13 mile training run. You as well bedshaped, both did fab. I heard the course changed a bit this year and more hills added. Onwards and upwards guys.imageimage(there i found another image)

Well done Smout and tricialitt(have i said that already)

Right who spied caniggia in My Race mag?

Bungee and Soph, Andy our intrepid ochil map man had a little baby boy early hours Saturday morning to add to his collection of 3 daughters, his wife went into labout 2.30 am and had the baby on the kitchen floor at 3.15 6 mins before the ambulance arrived. image

• Options

m.. mBbbbbbbbbblok=44o,k

h h/]]]]]]]]]vgbhgbbbbbbbv5555555555555555555555555555555555uvvvvvvvvvaq|EZ1Z1ZQBVV

,NM  ytnoooyuun 444444444444444444444441``12qqqqsdz`

That race report came to you from my 8 month old niece Livi who is sitting typing with me.  See its a genetic problem making no sense on internet forums.

To translate slightly I had a bit of an odd run.  Ran 1.27.26 which was about a min faster than any half I've ran this year but a min slower than last year.  Can I use a different course as an excuse.  I went out a bit too hard trying to chase 1.26 again and paid for it in miles 9 to 11.5.  After that its grit your teeth time anyway.  Not really sure if I am pleased with my run or not.  Pretty indifferent.

Well done all of you who ran as well today.  Sorry I didn't meet up with you. I was a bit late getting to george square as we didn't realise the underground wasn't open.  We had to cadge a lift into town at short notice.  Catch up with you all somewhere soon

• Options
    Great running all of you - no idea what races you were doing so no idea if times good but if your are happy I am happy.
  • Options
    I dont get that magazine Karen.  What have I done?????
  • Options

Tour of fife caniggia a pic of you in one of the race reports along with other folk. Cause you're so tall and lanky they chopped of the top bit of your head, hope it wasn't too painfull. E-mail me your address and i'll post it to you if you want. WELL DONE YOU AS WELLimageimage.

I'm sure you made them happy with that post anyway Umbimage. Everybody stay happy.

• Options
    By the way what is the anal obsession with running over the kingston bridge all about and then through the derelict streets on the other side.  If you ran under the great iconic (bog standard motorway flyover!!!!!) bridge and head to the squinty bridge which is a nice pridge you can pass the armadillo, science centre, castle greyskull, not run uphill and join the race at the parks having run the same distance.  Does anybody support my motion that the visually the current course sucks!!!!!!
  • Options

Me and livi had better go and play with the adults seeing as we cant find any results.  We were just starting to enjoy the seat too.  Back to the floor in the living room for as as nobody will give us a seat!!!!!!

C u all later

Mike and Livixxxxx

• Options

It seems most of us who raced today had a good day.  Those that are disappointed better luck next time.  I thought I'd have a closer look at my splits, some of you may be interested.

7:29, 6:56, 6:58, 6:55, 7:20, 7:20, 7:28, 7:48, 7:48, 7:58, 7:51, 7:45, 7:44, (7:32 pace to finish) (approx. 1:38 finish time) (average pace 7:29)

I'm reasonably happy with that, I know miles 2-4 were probably too fast but I had no real idea what I was capable off and after what felt like a slow congested start I just wanted to run into some space. I paid for it in the 8-10 section - possibly as I forgot to take a gel until about mile 8.  By which time I was loosing motivation.  However, after a gel and some water I felt much better and managed to stop the decline in my pace.  I felt good and strong at the finish.

After getting back to Lanark I ran another 7 miles at just a fraction over 9 min /ml pace 8:42, 9:04, 9:01, 9:16, 8:58, 9:01, 9:28 slowed at end to begin warm down (1:03:32)

So as far as training is concerned and really that is what today was about for me I ran in total approx. 20 miles in around 2hrs 40 min I'm happy enough with that and if I can get a few more LSRs in over the next few weeks I should at least be able to enjoy LN

• Options

Well done to all of you on races and runs today. Sounds like a fantastic day for most.

Bungee - I think I had your exact problem after edinburgh in 2007. I didn't want to quit after it so entered loch ness. Then with all the other stuff going on with my course starting, I totally lost my marathon mojo too. I realised that my heart just wasn't in it. Training runs were a drag that were making me grumpy, and I just couldn't be bothered. I pulled out and don't regret it. Then did something different running wise last year and I am now all ready and raring to go for another marathon next year!!! My  advice, for what it's worth, is that if you're heart isn't in it then a marathon is not the thing to do whether you've entered it or not. Do something else and do a marathon again when you're ready for it. image. Dunno if that helps at all....

• Options

Bungee i can relate to what you are feeling at the mo..have had two pb's this year but since may ..two personal worsts ..what i had planned hasn't gone at all to plan and i think my body is trying to tell me something!image..im thinking about taking the pressure off myself  cancel my hotel for Lochness  stop chasing pb's when i know deep down i havnt the time to achieve them now and if im honest im not enjoying the distance i was aiming for.... and then ease into Edinburgh next year feelig a little more optimistic image

As much as i enjoyed being there today it felt a little bit like "going through the motions" the reason i run is to achieve those personal goals and feel on top of the world .....oh and to get caramel wafers and such in my goody bags !!!image xxx

• Options

theres just nothing i can add to all todays comments. Well done to us all, and a good  morale boost to some - eg (((smiffie)))

Hope your Ok amber and  cheers  image

Lovely cake soph  hope  you've had a good day image

Just so much happeneing today that my addled brain cant keep up.

Hope i've not missed anything impotent!!! lol  image- typing degenerating....

Molly XX

PS i'm never going another marathon- that was sore but now anaesthetised. XX image

• Options

h i guys.Just got back from being in  Sidmouth for the weekend.Well done on all who raced.today.Plenty of PBs and a good 15th place for you Smiffie.Did you run 18 miles Karen?

I did 17 yesterday and feel a bit stiff and sore.First long run I had done in some time.No pain,no gain.Will aim for 22 next weekend.Jersey Mara getting closer and closer.

Anyone want early morning calls tommorrow!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

Who's impotent Molly??? imageimage

Amber, you did really well today. Mind this week you've been unwell so take that into account too. image

DCB - wow, you did another 7 miles?? Well done you!! My splits were a bit wonky today - first few miles about 8.50ish pace, last few miles about 10.20 pace image  Could be i started out too fast??

Aw, well done to Andy & his missus. Awwww, ickle baby. That wee boy is gonna be so adored with 3 older sisters (4 kids, what's the man thinking??? image)

Hiya Umbongo - hope things going well with you.

Hiya Caniggia & Livi image  Well done Caniggia today. Sure I passed you at one point image no wait, that was only in my dreams image

Right food AGAIN then sleeeeeeeeeeeep. xx 

• Options
    Cannigia - I agree with your comments on the course, why run on motorway, the new Clyde bridge would be much better and cut out what is in effect a "hill".
  • Options

Thanx for the advice folks, all really helpful image I think you have pretty much described what I am feeling RR, re marathons or rather the commitment to training for them! My heart isn't in it and I know it will be again at some point. I also know what you mean Soph when you say we have good races and crap races! But I soooo don't want another marathon experience like Edinburgh again, plodding in painfully around 5 hrs is not want I want to do. I want a 4.30 or at least a fighting chance of getting one (or near my 4.36 PB) and I am so far off ready to get that in 4 wks! If I ended up getting a crap time after putting the training and miles in then so be it, we all have bad days at the office but I haven't wanted to admit it to myself that I have actually been thinking I will not be ready for a few weeks now!

Amber I need to take the pressure off myself aswell, I know what you mean there. Whatever you decide will be cool and we have loads of time in years to come to get our goals (well you have, I have a bit less time image lol) Its meant to be fun, yeh its always hard work but I like to smile during and at the end of a race and not feel down like I have been feeling.