Options

2009 Albert Bartlett Edinburgh Marathon

Comments

• Options

hi again ....i see the results are on the web site from yesterday and photos are up tommorow -they are always a laugh!

i have eaten so much today and just raked around the cupboard to see what else i could find .....found one of those "bombay badboy pot noodles" just about blew my head offimage ....serves me right !!image

my back still sore ......but less so.

thats lovely getting a special message from your club bedshaped ..well done x

• Options
    karen -i hardly trained on roads for long runs either and i did feel my feet were hurting a lot from the pounding especialy in the last marathon..image
  • Options
    You take it easy with that back Amber. The word "badboy" in the pot noodle would have put me of it right away!! I'll do some tarmac laps at perth on Saturday, support crewing a 24 hour runner for half the day then stirling the next day so that's my road trainingimage 
  • Options

Hi lovelys- you all OK?

Bungee whats this I'm reading  - you're not giving up LN are you- just going to go slow? I'm confused image

FOTR thanks  for your message - yep i'm pleased to have beaten the 3-30 gremlin

Hope everyone feeling Ok after yesterday. I'm fine just feel lethargic i i dont keep eating- Oh dear how am i coping!!!!  i was officially 5th laydeeeee and 41st out of 120 ish i think.

R Ranger- good to hear your're  running again- did i read your woofy friend now not able to run with you?

Hi to everyone else- a lot to read and i cant find my glasses.!!

Molly XX

• Options

Molly alas its true I am not going to do LN, 2 reasons - I've not been training properly and I know I wouldn't be happy on the day like I should be. All excited and happy etc. Never mind fit enough!!! I realise now I was waiting to see how I felt at GSR and going by that and my time I am being sensible and going for a supporters role instead. My brother is running it so I'll still be up there for him anyway and a load of you nutters image I reckon by next Oct I'll be champing at the bit to run it again and if I am, then I'll be in a better place to train properly to do it justice image I feel quite content now that I have made the decision. I still love my running but for the mean time I am looking forward to some 3-4 mile doggie runs and cycling in nice weather and when I feel like it LOL

RR how is your pooch, on the mend I hope image its so frustrating when they have an injury and are not allowed off the lead!!!! They do go stir crazy lol Good news you got 4 miles in, its def a start in the right direction image

Talking of sore feet, I got a blooming tender toe from yesterday!! Hubby knocked it with his foot this morning in bed and I nearly hit the roof!!!!

You better put loads of vaseline on your feet for LN Karen!!!! image and buy a spare pair to put on after the race image if only eh!!!!

• Options

Thanks Karen,trying desperately to get miles in with only a few weeks to go.Have done 34 in the last 4 days including a rest day yesterday.Did you race over the weekend?

I'm off now to devour a chickenimage.See you later.

• Options
    5th lady molly !!!!..whoohoo!!! thats brilliantimage
  • Options

Well done Molly, that's fantastic!! My doggy can't run with me at the moment cos she has sprained her leg. She's getting better but running's out at the mo. I let her off the lead for 5 mins today cos she was running round and round and round in circles in the garden going mental!! Sure she'll be back to it soon enough.

Amber - I started getting a sore back when I was training for edinburgh last time. Sorbothane insoles sorted it.

• Options
    hi running ranger !..yeah i use the sorbathane insoles too, i havnt really been doing a lot of training at all to be honest coz i had that calf injury then got unwell tho my pelvis tends to move and coz probs from time to time  ..hopefully it will settle down ..Glad your wee dog is getting better ..poor wee soul image
  • Options

Wowee Molly, tha'ts fab. Well done image

Great you're running again RR. Hope woof is feeling okay.

How you feeling Amber? Full of food yet??

Just had a wee 2 mile recovery run. Felt really nice - very slow pace and lovely cool evening.

Gotta get settled now for the tennis - c'mon Andy pandy, you can do it son.... image

• Options

Yip - Well Done Molly image

I've been starving too most of the day Amber... thinks it's finally calmed down image

Wee trip to the track and jogged a mile then another 5 laps including 10*100m at a nice easy stride then another wee jog - bout three miles in total.... much nicer than the 6*2min runs I watched the others do image

Aye Bedshaped - go Andy image

• Options

Molly that's fantastic. Well done youimage.

Hope your doggy gets better soon RR. 

Half a race Kiwi, it's a new ultra on river ayr ways so i did unofficial relay with a pal. Only 22 runners as the race not too well publisiced but walkers can do it in 2 days. Brilliant set up and very social.

Andy pandy plays tennis bedshaped? Nice you got a recovery run in.

You too Smout, well done you.

• Options
    It's been a long day for me!  Night all.
  • Options
    Where is everyone this morning?!
  • Options

Morning all image 

Molly congratulations on your 5th place, well done you image I read that last night then forgot to congrat you cos my head was up my ar$e!! image

RR glad your doggie is on the mend, she'll get better in no time, they are all the same. All they want to do is get off their lead to run run run lol

Poor Andy, but never mind he's getting there and will get a title soon image

Have a good day all x

• Options

Morning everyone

Smout just out of interest were you wearing a pink top with Smout written on it at the GSR on Sunday? I suppose it must have been you! I was running alongside you for a little while down Drumbreck Road and into Pollok Park but I was too shy to introduce myself!

I was out playing football last night which wasn't the best idea after a half marathon but it went ok. I was really fading towards the end and I'm feeling a few aches and pains tonight. I have Badminton on Thursday night so I might take it easy until then just to make sure I'm fully recovered. Next race for me will be the Fort William HM in November so there's no need to push too hard.

• Options
    Hi gang good morning hope all well. thanks Karen d, i was disapointed as i had tapered for this one!!!!!!!!!!!.   I read back the posts   i have entered and paid for the Stirling 10 k , but i now have a  late holiday booked this thursday for Lanzarote,   its there if anybody would like to run.  might have to dress in drag and kid on you are a 50 year old male to get your race number on the day,   would like photos of that mmmmm!!!!!.
  • Options

Morning,

Fab result Molly, what a star.

I ran last night and it was ok, hard work.  I did 45minutes, but I ran.  Chest will take a little while to recover.  Legs felt fine.  I took it really easy, but it helped a lot.

Fed up on train this morning, they'd bunged the heating up full blast again.  It's not even winter yet and is so unhealthy.  I was coughing like a banshee by the time I got off!!

One of my colleagues sent me a mail saying 'he'd got my asthma', because he's caught a cold.  As I coughed all last week, I came in after my cold was better, but my lungs were so clogged I kept coughing.  So, I sent him a mail back saying 'I hope he suffers'.  It's amazing how little folk understand about asthma.... No, it is not a disease.  No, we are not infectious.  It's our stupid bodies fighting against themselves and we can't breath, stop going on about it and give me peace that I'm infecting you.  I am not, I was off when I had the cold....  Rant over for today... image

Here is some information to inform non-believers.

Asthma is a condition that affects the airways – the small tubes that carry air in and out of the lungs. When a person with asthma comes into contact with an asthma trigger, the muscle around the walls of the airways tightens so that the airway becomes narrower. The lining of the airways becomes inflamed and starts to swell. Often sticky mucus or phlegm is produced. All these reactions cause the airways to become narrower and irritated – leading to the symptoms of asthma.

The common symptoms of asthma are:

• coughing
    • wheezing or a whistling noise in the chest
    • getting short of breath
    • a tight feeling in the chest.

A trigger is anything that irritates the airways and causes the symptoms of asthma to appear. Everyone's asthma is different and you will probably have several triggers (like hot trains). Common triggers include colds or flu, tobacco smoke, exercise and allergies to things like pollen, furry or feathery animals or house-dust mites.

Thank you and good day! image

• Options
    Oh forgot to say to bedshaped, I tried to mail you the photos this morning.  My webmail was playing up though and so it didn't work, I'll try again later. image
  • Options

Hi Everybody. Just checked the results fae Glasgow last night, and I was 237th in the race! Very pleased with that, in the top 4%. Only annoying thing was I missed out on my PB by only FIVE seconds! Never mind, V happy with my time 1.27.41, and my place in the raceimage. Legs are a bit tired today as did another 7miles easy last night. Next stop Chicago marathon on 12th Octoberimage!

imageCHEERS TO ALL RUNNERS!! image

NM.

PS, anyone know of any 10k's taking pace in Scotland in late October or November? Never done one and would like to try before the end of the year.

PPS, Smout, I saw you about 5 mins before the start, but like the other chap above, I was too scaredy cat to say 'hello'!image

PPPS, Triple S - your work colleague sounds a total div. And very ignorant. Yeah you can 'catch' asthma, yeah right....image Good grief.

• Options

Thanks Neil!  Great result in the GSR, well done.  How did your wife do in the 10K?

There is the Strathaven Striders Run with the wind 10K at the end of November:

Strathaven Striders web page

• Options
    Well done Molly and Neil on your results that was really good.  neil you would have been just behind me at the finish.  I was the one covered in saw dust gasping for breath beside the railings.  The woman with the chunder absorbing sawdust ran up to absorb the cunder I hadn't yet chundered and just threw a massive handful of sawdust all down my left arm and leg.  I was picking bits of sawdust out my garmin all the way back to Lizzie's.  She didn't actually ask if I was OK just throwing sawdust about.  I suppose in the east end of glasgow thats a friendly welcome image
  • Options

smout did someone throw a bucket of scaryness at you when you got up on sunday morning.  all these blokes are terrified of you image

Neil I dont think there are all that many in oct and november.  There is a 10k in pitlochry and the cancer reserch 10ks at scone and strathclyde park (biting tongue to avoid rant about these events).  Jedburgh, Glen Clova (if you like hills) and Carlisle halfs are good races if you fancy a drive.  Likewise there are 10 milers in dunbar and templeton woods in dundee.  I'm going to have to give templeton woods a miss this year image I'm running in Noo Yowk that day instead image

• Options

Soph your workmates never cease to amaze do they!!! Catch athsma indeed, and that guy is working in an allegedly intelligent position???? image God help us all!!!

Well done Neil on your great time image LMAO @ you and Greg being too scared to talk to our wee Smout lol

Oh Caniggia are you running New York? I hadn't heard that one image 

• Options

That made me laugh 'bucket of scariness'  you scary lady Smout image

Harsh having shavings thrown at you Caniggia, any lumps of wood image

Just went on results, the usual annoying they've got you 2 seconds slower than you thought, but I was 14th not 15th, OK not much but yehay image

Go Molly Go Molly Go Molly, what a fab result image

Hi Soph, DCB, RR, Karen, Bedshaped, Bungee  and and and this thread is starting to get busy.......!

• Options

Surprisingly not Smiffie although bar stools and baseball bats are some of the weapons of choice in that part of town.  It was a bit different from a magic spongue.

Well done Mrs Smiff on your 14th place.  You are finding a bit of ooooooomph in time for berlin by the looks of things image

• Options
    You and your chundering Caniggia lol She must have been caught out already and was making sure no-one else was going to escape her sawdust clutches lol But the good news is you kept a hold of your chinese and frosties image
  • Options

image im so not well.

hmmffff....stupid me....shouldnt have ran sunday .....anyways the doctor has gave me a talking to about resting up and put me on another course of antibiotics ...i have a resp infection and sinusitis now !!!image

• Options

Oh no Amber, you take care - put your feet up!

Well done Bungee on your decision for LN I admire you for being able to admit its for the best not to run, it must have been a hard one to decide but its best not to put yourself through it just for the sake of it!

Has anyone every heard/run the Buchlyvie half in November? We are quite tempted but not sure on the course etc? Think we need a relatively easy(ish) half to finish the year!

• Options
    No excuses now Amber! How long do you have to rest for? Is it a week or so?