Options

2009 Albert Bartlett Edinburgh Marathon

Comments

• Options

Caniggia I also agree that the scenery is pretty crap for the most part! Your niece types braw btw image she has the Aird charm already lol

Well done DCB, you have got your legs and head in a great place ready for LN image

Molly I can't imagine the pain to get a 3.28!!!! Goal achieved fan dabby dosy image

Andys got a wee boy imageimageimageimage great news.

• Options
    oh and as I've just said over on the GSR thread, I have to disagree with some folks about the hills. I found the route to be rather monotonously flat!!! Okay a wee incline up St Vincent St at the start and the odd lump in the road, but hills???? Nah....
  • Options
    Bungee did you pass the pissed neds in Celtic tracksuits with black eyes (and that was just the females lol). Made me scared image
  • Options
    No I missed them.... thankfully lol. I wouldn't say hills either, on a good day you would fly up those inclines lol
  • Options
    Yeah, not like our Fife hills eh Bungee?? Now they are hills!!!
  • Options
    Well done Kiwis, no early morning wake-up call for me please, too tired! Yikes Jersey not far away indeed.... image
  • Options

Right revision away, HAD ENOUGH.

Oh LOL Bedshaped was Tour of Fife hilly? image pander to Caniggia33, he REALLY doesn't like hills image
    Now you've said the time you shaved off last half, seems theres plenty to be positive about.  And leaves it open to a shiny new PB attempt next time!  I've found it impossible to PB for the last 2 years image

Hmmm went off like a whippet then DCB.............. 8:30's for 26.2, then jobs a goodun at Loch Ness......

Bungee if you take pressure off an enjoy scenery etc will there still be people around you for a 5hr marathon?  If there is just go and enjoy without the pressure of chasing '4:30'  doesn't have to be a hard race every time.  Like everyone else I run to enjoy it,  its been my lifeline the last few months.  I don't race every time...........

Molly still trying to type whilst celebrating your SUB 3:30!

• Options

No early morning call for me Kiwiscanfly! Going to go out for a run about 8'sh as kids staying overnight with their dad tonight.........

If I'm running won't be thinking about how strange it is to be in such a quiet house at that time of the morning........... It does seem so quiet.......

• Options

Definately more image's than image's today. Bungee and Amber , hope you get your running enthusiam back soon. I'm sure we all have a bit of a sluggish spell now and again. I know I do.

Molly - so pleased for you as I remember speaking to you after Edinburgh. Think you had just missed sub 3:30 then so you must be over the moon now.imageimageimage

Well done everybody else !!!

• Options

Hi gang bad day at the office for me im afraid. started of well first 3 miles on target, then stitch on my left side could not shake it off, stopped about 5 times, finished 1hr 40.40 somthing seconds, was really up for a good time today but he ho we live to run another day, flying to Lanzarote on Thursday think ill get over it. these Brandies are going to my head me thinks,

congratulations to all racers today, super Molly fantastic/enjoy.

• Options

Bad day for you too AWatson eh? Still, you did great with your time. Enjoy the hols (and the brandies lol)

Must be strange but rather nice Smiffie being in a quiet house  image

• Options

Wow lots of chat folks!

Read your splits DCB and mile 8 - 10 and the gel.... that's what I think i remember about my run which resulted in what looked liek similar changes in the splits.....

DCB Splits
    7:29, 6:56, 6:58, 6:55, 7:20, 7:20, 7:28, 7:48, 7:48, 7:58, 7:51, 7:45, 7:44, (7:32 pace to finish) (approx. 1:38 finish time) (average pace 7:29)

Smout Spllits
    8:50, 8:23, 8:25, 8:21, 8:39, 8:30, 8:33, 8:45, 8:45, 9:23, 9:10, 9:00, 8:44 (6:55 pace to finish) (approx. 1:55 finish time) (avg time 8:42)

image dunno what i thought but maybe it made sense when i started typing image only difference really is that I had a 2 and half hour sleep rather than 7 more miles afterwards!!!!

Enjoy your celebrations Molly!!!

An well done all the other folks since... brain minced up nowimage

Bedshaped - I'm with you.... there were a fair few inclines about the place, not hills, an I started to find them easier than the flatter bits image

ok.... not many photos cos we had to rush back quick and Mr Bailey had to go back to the car and shopping image in between..... give me a few minutes.....

• Options

okay.... so there's only one of me so far image
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/onefivenine/2836769965/

there will be some of the winners and Jimmy soon......
  • Options
    cracking specs jimmy's sporting Smout image
  • Options

Aye - we laughed cos it looks like he's dunted the DJ on the heid wi the flowers image
  • Options

Me me me MORNING..........

That Smout hacker went to sleep early image

Kiwiscanfly, wakey wakey image

image can't sleep, expect will be snoring later when am meant to be up running image

Hope everyones feeling OK, I'm feeling the effects of race followed by (faster for me) 17 miles.  Was last hard LSR before Berlin so pushed on a little............

Trying to motivate for one more 20 before tapering for 28th.......... love marathon day, so dislike lone LSR's.  but if I could fit one more in that would make confidence creep up a little......

• Options
    OK Smiffie you win, the early bird prize.  Kiwi where are you?  Get up and get out training everyone - its another day!!
  • Options

CRIKEY Smiffie and DCB!!!!!!!!!

You win.

Morning everyone.

• Options

Jeez 3 early birds this morning!!! Morning you lot image 

I know what you mean about enjoying the scenery Smiffie and if I could do that happy and with my legs ok (obviously apart from the last few miles lol) then the 5 hrs wouldn't be such a big deal. BUT I know it wouldn't happen like that, going by yesterday my legs would start to complain way before halfway due to lack of recent running and I would be miserable image My smiley running has disappeared image but I know its only temporary and I will come back next year after loads of time out with a renewed vigour and passion for running again image So I guess I have made my decision to withdraw from LN. But be happy folks cos I am really looking forward to being up there supporting you guys who are running it image That's why I know its the right decision cos I am happy at that thought and not happy at the thought of running when my hearts not  in it just now.

Smiffie you out running just now? image hope you had a good run, you have done really well getting the miles in with all your crap recenty, Berlin will be a great release for you image

Will go and look at Mr Baileys pics now image

• Options
    Morning! No idea how you morning people can run at this time. I can't run for toffee til the afternoons!
  • Options

Mr Bailey pics a bit disappointing Bungee sorry image He has got more but not really of many runners and we dashed off afterwards so none after me at the finish image

Morning folks... oh my why are my legs heavy and sore image

• Options

Morning lovely peeps !!image

prob more like afternoon to smiffie, dcb and kiwi ...they will be onto lunch now !!!!

my legs fine as i expected but i have a really sore back .....dunno if its from the run or not ?...its down left of my coxyyx bone.......thats soo not how you spell that is it ??

bungee-i think you have made the right decision -with the pressure off you can just run the enjoyment of it just now and not worry about running out of time etc .Like you say its not something that should bog us down -we do it for ourselves and for our own self achievment and i agree theres no achievment made if you suffer, feel miserable and un prepared -Especially in a Marathon image

loads hugs to everyone today .....im in a huggy mood !!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

Good morning folks

A day off work and I'm up at silly o'clock in the morning.  On the upside I've got 1st place in cue for a hug off amber image  Just taken car to garage for MOT.  I could be very poor by teatime.  Hopefully not though as I've taken it to a kind of shadey looking place rather than to Arnold the Shark who normally fabricates work just for the sheer hell of it.

Bungle just wait till you see everybody running off into the distance at Loch Ness and you will get that lovely "I wish I was doing it again" feeling.  I vowed never to do the GNR again after the 1st time I did it as it hurt and was hellishly hard work until I watched it on the tele the year afterwards.  I haven't really stopped since.  I hope you and Karen are going to have colour co-ordinating pompoms for all this cheerleading you are going to be doing in the months to come though image

• Options

Hi all  good morning    Like yourself Caniggia im of work also fandabadoze,

I had a crap run yesterday, but i dont care plenty more to come.

• Options
    Caniggia I have a neighbour who works for Arnold the Shark and he does the MoTs. Apparently if they can find upwards of 100 quid's worth of work they get entered into a company prize draw.
  • Options

Morning,

Caniggia, did you hear me shout at you yesterday?  Or was I shouting at entirely the wrong person, as I did get a funny look.  I'd been taking photos and looking through the lens of a camera and thought I spotted you, so shouted out your logon name, as I wasn't a 100% sure of your first name!... I was probably just shouting at some poor randomite though, but hey I tried. image

PMSL @ bungle...

Feeling better today and think I may try a run tonight.  Just a wee one, I'm desperate to run.  Only 20 days to Berlin and I need miles in the bag.

• Options

Glad you feeling better soph..hope you manage a wee run ok.

bungle!!!!..hahahaha .image

• Options
    Oh was that you Soph. image I didn't hear you call out my name but did notice somebody cheering and waving their arms about a bit.  I thought she seemed a bit overexcited for someone I didn't really recognise and thought it must have been for some random person behind me.  Sorry image
  • Options
    Hehe Can, the gals I was with kept denying any knowledge of knowing me.... So, I can understand keeping your head down... image