Options

2009 Albert Bartlett Edinburgh Marathon

Comments

• Options
    oh dear i have just seen the video clips on the Marathon-photos site!!!!!! not good lol
  • Options

Thats Mrs Haenekin and Ms Amstell you are mixing my new mate stella up with image  I'll leave the 13.1 mph speed on the treadmill to Mrs Mac and her young whippersnapper squad I'll be happy to get to 12.9 as i think that should get me in just ahead of haile and more importantly smiffie lol image

• Options
    do real radio do the commentary adie image
  • Options
    depends on which towns real radio it is!!!!!
  • Options
    dCB-you were just to fast for us suppport crew!!..we tried our very best to get to the 12 mile mark before all of you but the roads were awful due to the closures -we did however see you from bungees car at about mile 9 !..well i saw your socks first image bedshaped was at mile 12 with the fetchies...... karen,bungee and me ran/walked along from mussleburgh to meet her dishing out goodies on the way and we managed to see soph and smout&smoutickle on our way but most folks had passed by the time we got there.....we saw you finish tho image..you looked strong .....just not as strong as our smiffie image
  • Options

Fire to the paper Amber...

DCB, there is some interesting info here about achillesprobs.  yeah, I know I harp on about pose!!

ACHILLES TENDINITIS

more info

I'm sure I've got info at home too on physiotherapy, I'll have a look for you. image

• Options
    soph talking about pose ing ..image would you e mail me photos from last sats meet up if thats ok? x
  • Options

Sorry Can - you will get your sub 3 soon I am sure.

DCB - that is still a great time although I know it isn't what you wanted.  Hope the injury clears up quickly. 

Adie - I love the Abbey Dash - this will be my fourth year.  Have a bit of a soft spot for it because it was my first ever race.  

Typical - the weather is just turning here.  It's gone really dark so I am expecting it to start chucking it down any minute.  And it's the school sport's day tomorrow too!  We had to cancel it a couple of weeks ago because of the rain and it looks like it might happen again tomorrow.

• Options

Hi all.Just a quickie as I am going down to check out another running club tonight and have to be there by 6.30.

CAVEHILL,if you are there anywhere,bloody great time and performance at Edinburgh,respect all round mate.Once you have done a sub 3 it gives you such a boost.Keep them coming.EXCELLENT!!!!!!

DIPPYCAT,get your relevant info and paper work off to London (proof of times etc.) and they will send you an entry form etc. for you to enter.It will be a gaurenteed entry but don't leave it too late!!!!.

See you all later.I'll let you know how it goes tonight. 

KIWI 

• Options
    Thanks Kiwi.  Will send it off at the weekend image
  • Options
    Does my finishers certificate with congratualtions you completed the edinburgh marathon in 0:00:00 count as a good for age time for London.  Its under 3 hours image
  • Options
    JAPJAP ✭✭✭
    C33, I'd go for an elite entry with that, ask for appearance money image
  • Options
    No Probs DIPPYCAT.Good luck with that.Yeah!! Go for it CANIGGIA.HAILE will be quaking in his boots.Do you think you can beat that time and do a PB??
  • Options

This blokes had a flutter on me on Fetch so I'd say a PB in Berlin is very much a possibility image 

http://condemnedtorocknroll.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/doctor-who-tardis.jpg

• Options

DCB - Thanks. You will get that 3.15 sooner rather than later I am sure. London was a major disappointment for me but managed to bounce back. You can do the same after Sunday. Maybe Berlin ?

Managed my first run since Sunday today. A few miles around the trails and paths near the track with a clubmate. Good to get the first post-marathon one under the belt.

Also e-mailed the organisers todayabout my goody bag T-Shirt being a relay one. Received a quick reply from a lady who has promised to send me the correct shrt and doesn't want the old one back !

Did anyone else receive a results paper in the post today ?

• Options
    You too Caniggia. We could be celebrating a stack of PB's after the trip to Germany. image
  • Options
    m.ittenm.itten ✭✭✭

Yeap, results poster received today.

No running yet - but a nice little swim this morning and 25m on my bike this evening. Feeling good image

• Options

Hi All - Well I enjoyed sunday's race, rather warm but at least we knew it was coming. The organisers still have 15 C on their website.

Just one question  - Fox; what is the difference betweent a marathon and relay t-shirt please?

• Options

Glad you enjoyed the race Paul.

The T-Shirt in my possession, still in its cellophane, has 'Edinburgh marathon Hairy Haggis Team relay member 31.05.09' on the front.

• Options

I'd be well miffed at that Fox image  Bliddy cheek after all that hard work!!!!!

Been for a great run up your favourite Tour of Fife h**** Caniggia. Remember that rainy night at Craigmead last year? Oh yes, back there again only this time no fog so up East Lomond we went. Brilliant!!!! Had a great time image

2 mile road race tomorrow. Oh gawd, dunno why I'm bothering. i just can't do short fast races, particularly those in the Glen image  

Oh hi everyone BTW.  All been voting today I take it??? I finally made it about 9.55pm. Well it keeps the wee souls busy eh? image  Brilliant list the size of an A2 sheet of paper. And at the top, it's the BNP followed by the Christian Party. Oh it was tough choosing from the rest of the crap image

• Options
    You went green didn't you Bedshaped! image
  • Options
    I had to vote twice, in two different places. My own and as a proxy for my brother who is working in Naples for the whole month. This is the least in to politics i've felt in a long long time, they really are all just as bad as each other.

I'm not long in from work either, had to work late at the uni for a guest lecture. But it was a really interesting one. It was Doug Scott, the British mountaineer, was really inspirational. So i'm feeling all positive with the world and looking forward to my Sweden trek now!

Still no running or any sporting activity for that matter for me since Sunday. Will make sure i go out after work tomorrow for a bit.

I did collect my medal from the engravers today, it looks really good and it is finally dawning on me that i did actually run a marathon.
  • Options
    Fox - Just noticed - so does mine. -
  • Options

Eeky yucky toes !

I'm lucky - just one wee bit tender toe - same one that is the only one I have ever bruised way back at my 1st 10k in Linlithgow 2007! That toenail has just never been the same! Trimmed it a bit more an feels ok now.

ooooo what to do now!

Was supposed to be GSR 10k, GNR, GER....... darnit need to defer that GNR place - totally unexpected that I even got in an now i have to defer!

So......
    14th June - Humber Bridge Half - get to cross the bridge (twice!)
    1st July - think I'd like to do the Brig Bash 5 mile thing - don;t have a 5 mile time yet.

ermmmm then watch my expanding belly! Not sure but would really like to do the Forth Bridge 10k in August I think - I like the idea of running over that bridge too!

• Options
    i am stil tempted by the Humber Bridge half, only 30mins from home and different thoguh from what i have heard about mle9.................
  • Options

I;m trying to ignore what I've heard of mile nine! My PB half has a bit of a killer at mile 10 so I'm trying to pretend this is normal image
  • Options

Thats pants, you ran 26.2 miles and just let anyone say you didn't!

Bet medal looks good engraved image

Lost internet yesterday and was very overtired in my reaction image did get working in the end (obviously)
    took from 4:30 to midnight image

Callums 9 today image  so proud of him, he spoke to his dad on the phone and was really brave, first year hes woken up without his dad on his birthday, reminds me how unfair it all is on them.

Going to Pizza Hut later as a 'Family' birthday meal hummmmm

At least he has no school today as teacher training day, was voting so no school yesterday, they only went back after half term on Monday humph.......

• Options
    Nice little swim last night, felt fine thought about doing more, but decided easing back in slowly probably best given feet still very sore.  Am hoping to be back out on the roads on Sunday/Monday, beware!
  • Options

I haven't ran since Sunday, only started walking properly on wed!

Anyone know where the medal photos are, I have the ones on marathonphotos, but not the one from the end.......

• Options

Happy Birthday to Callum Smiffie imageimage

Morning all image