Options

GULP just entered my first half marathon

Comments

• Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭

I added an extra out & back loop last night and ran 4.25mls. And was pleased to see this afterwards ..

Split Summary
    ===
    1) 1m - 10:51(10:51/m) 136/149bpm 162cal
    2) 1m - 10:37(10:37/m) 146/154bpm 163cal
    3) 1m - 10:29(10:29/m) 148/153bpm 169cal
    4) 1m - 10:06(10:06/m) 152/157bpm 165cal
    5) 0.22m - 1:59(9:08/m) 156/157bpm 34cal

Nice to see after just three runs I'm already getting back to my pre-injury/pre-walk pace and hope the training continues like this image

• Options

Looking good, Mel! I'm trying to be brave and get ready to go out later when *hopefully* it's a bit cooler image

• Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭

I can report B&T got out for a run and looked very snazzy in her Crewroom kit.

I didn't run yesterday evening. Had planned to, but had a crap night's sleep on Wed night and was too knackered when I got in from work. Will be away from Saturday - will take my running shoes with me but have no idea if they'll get used for any actual running! image

• Options

Evening all

Lovely run in the rain today made a nice change still managed to get to hot but still it was a lot cooler got round in about the same time as yesterday just over 1:26:00 so well pleased with that still on days at work at the moment so making the most of it though having said that it does mean training with my daughter has gone out the window

B&T that was my reasoning as well with the GNR only 5 weeks away now i to needed to up the mileage i was doing just to make shore i could still run that far so i did 7 on Tuesday had a rest day Wednesday then did 10 today and yesterday

Mel have a great weekend away

• Options

Hi everyone, I hope you're all well. I'm over my various injury niggles and planning on doing my first half-marathon distance run tomorrow morning. Got my route planned, clothes ready, ear buds charged. Not sure why, but I'm so excited, my OH had to hold me back from going today! image  

Happy weekend running image

• Options

Did it! imageimage 2:34:15 
    Would have been quicker if I hadn't been stopped by a chap asking for directions image

• Options

Em_68 well done on the run a good time as well

• Options

Thanks. Bit slower than I'd hoped, but gives me something to aim at for the race in October.

• Options

Em - really well done! It's always very exciting when you hit a new distance. You will be quicker in your race for sure - it will be cooler, and the adrenaline you get in race conditions will help enormously! Glad you're over your injuries now - long may you remain niggle-free!

Mel - thanks for the compliment! I posted a pic on Strava of me in some new gear I was testing for a review and it was very smart - the sort you *had* to run faster in image Have a good holiday.

Toby - only 5 weeks away image I've been too chicken to actually count how long until Chippenham - but I know it's not long

Ad because its not long until Chippenham I pushed myself out the door for 10 miles yesterday. It was still warm so I took it nice and slowly (took me nearly 2 hours) and pretended I was doing an Ultra - so wore my cap and hydration backpack, took a banana with me and stopped to walk to eat it at about mile 7, and just took it easy. It felt like a huge achievement so need to fit in some longer runs or I'll be crawling around Chippenham (like I usually do!)

Hope everyone is good

• Options

It does seem weird I've not even got any half marathons pencilled in this autumn, have my abseil on the 12th October and sodbury slog which is 9 miles of pure filth (bring it on) on the 9th November that's it!!! 

Daughter and daughter in law both due to drop in September and November respectively so have promised not to be off gallivanting , besides which I have no more spare holidays I can take to run a Sunday race if I'm due to work and as I work every other, cricklade is out of the window, and on the day of the  Swindon half I'm abseiling, I may look into devizes half  see what Sunday that's on, I wanted to do Bacchus half but that's September and I'm not taking chances of running and grandchild arriving as I'm birth partner!!! 

Good to see everyone is enjoying their running, I'm back up to my 5 plus miles a day 5 yesterday, 5:5 today lovely weather for running today a few spots of rain and cloudy! Since my hols I ran 3:5 miles for 8 mornings out of 10 , starting yesterday back up to the 5 , will add three evening sessions a week to that for mud running training , B&T I too will pretend I'm ultra running training with double running days image

Waves to everyone 

• Options

Yvonne - I feel tired just reading that!!! 

• Options

Evening all

13 miles for me yesterday well pleased with the time got round in just over  1:54:00 and did 10 tonight that came in at 1:28:32 it’s funny when you look at Mondays time as a couple of years back that was my best time only achieved in races

• Options

Toby WOW you are putting in some miles !!!! What a good time too ....

• Options

well managed to get out for a run with Snowmaiden tonight did 8 miles must say her pace has dropped somewhat since her hours at work increased she's going to have to get it back to where it was in July if she wants’ to stand any chance of hitting her target time for Brighton next year

did have 3 weekends book in October but for our 3 in a row but as my partner in crime is now unable to make it i have now cancelled them

which  does mean i now have 3 extra  days  holiday to play  but at the moment with the way it’s going i could still find myself on days

so i would have been able to cancel them any way as the day shift don’t work on a Sunday anyway

• Options

image A heart felt sorry from your partner in crime , I blame my daughter as she is the one who is pregnant!! image Oh and the fact I took off lots of holidays already ....I'll look to see what halfs are about end of October and in November ....

• Options

Really good times there Toby.

The heat hasn't helped with pace recently. That and I've been avoiding any speed work while half marathon training, and my pace has dropped off quite a bit in the last couple of months. But as I still have 7 weeks to go until my race and am hitting 13 miles already, I've gone onto a new HM training plan which includes some interval training. Got a 5k and mile PB today image

• Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. I've been away in South Wales this last week so just catching up. As mentioned, I took my running gear with me but it didn't get used - was too busy with visiting places and going on walks with Mrs WM.

Toby - lots of good training going on I see and good times being posted.

Em - glad to hear you are over your injury problems and able to do a 13ml training run. Good time too - similar to my two Bath HM results (about which .. more below). See you managed some pb's for 5k and mile too!

B&T - no problem, you did look very snazzy in that crewroom kit. Well done re 10ml run last week - hope you can get some more good training in before Chippenham HM.

Yvonne - as B&T said, makes you feel tired reading about all the training runs you are doing lately.

I went out in the rain yesterday and managed just under 6mls in around 62mins. Was really pleased with that run as it's only the fourth time I've been out since starting running again. Pace was around 10:40mm so that seems to bode well for future training and am feeling more confident now about building up for my 10ml Tring Ridgeway Run in mid-October.

You'll probably remember I had to cancel my Bath Half 2014 entry because of my calf injury? I don't have enough time to train for any autumn HM's. And I've had an email offering me a guaranteed entry for the Bath Half 2015 (not any cheaper unfortunately). I've floated the idea of entering with Mrs Wm and she's positive about it (she gets a weekend in Bath after all) as long as I do plenty of long runs beforehand and keep up the stretching (she doesn't want me conking out at 9mls with calf problems yet again).

• Options

Evening All

13 miles for me today but boy i struggled i knew from the start it was going to be one of those runs you’re just going to be happy to cover the distance the head wind in places didn’t help as it turn out it was 4minutes slower than last week getting around in 1:58:09 with an Avg pace of 8:49m/m

went out with Poohbear Saturday morning and did 8 with her then in the cafe for a breakfast fry up it may not be healthiest food but boy it went down well  

• Options

Evening all

gym session yesterday and today went up to the running club with Poohbear and Snowmaiden Poohbear opted to their 6 mile run were as me and Snowmaiden opted for the 8 she did really well getting around in 1:27:17 an Avg of 10:47m/m a vast improvement on last week when it was 11:31m/m

• Options
    Hi all,

Sorry haven't posted for a whirl just been to busy, tired and lots of visitors stopping over.

Nice to read that some good running been going on especially from Mel & Poohbear that is fantastic progression.

Didn't get a place inn the 1/2 ironman I registered in just sold out very quickly, need to before on the game will have a scout about for another though next year. Looking for a sportive to do soon one in Chichester catches my eye in early Oct. ran Wednesday, swam yesterday, short cycle today and them off to Go ape in the afternoon.
  • Options
    Hi all,

Sorry haven't posted for a whirl just been to busy, tired and lots of visitors stopping over.

Nice to read that some good running been going on especially from Mel & Poohbear that is fantastic progression.

Didn't get a place inn the 1/2 ironman I registered for it just sold out very quickly, need to be on the game much earlier next time. will have a scout about for another though next year. Looking for a sportive to do soon one in Chichester catches my eye in early Oct. ran Wednesday, swam yesterday, short cycle today and them off to Go ape in the afternoon.
  • Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭

CW - good to hear from you. Shame about missing out on a place in that 1/2 ironman. Good training going on I see - hope you can find another triathlon and a sportive.

Toby - good training going on with you as well I see. And great progress from snowmaiden and poohbear. Bet that fry-up DID taste good! image

I worked from home yesterday and gained an hour as I didn't have the 35ml drive home. So went out after work and did 5.5mls. Pace (10:40mm) nothing special but TBH, I'm just interested in building up my distance at the moment for my 10ml race in October.

• Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭

Was on call this morning. Been out this afternoon and done 7.25mls in Cirencester Park. Really pleased with the way I have been able to build up the mileage over the last few weeks. Feeling much more confident now about being ready for my 10ml race in October.

• Options

Wtnmel well done on your recent runs, it does in still you with confidence...

Toby your still running well as usual not long till the great north run, poohbear and snowmaiden are running well too

B&T hope your loft conversion is coming along nicely, and glad to see your still getting some running in

I took the boys out for a muddy wet 8 miles today along the railway track, good practice for sodbury slog in November, it felt liberating to run right through the middle of the huge puddles than run around them , May as well get use to the wrt soggy trainer feeling now , felt like a big kid gonna enjoy this muddy run lark 

• Options

Glad everyone seems to be building up distance and doing well. You're probably right to succumb to the sloshing trainers, Yvonne - I'm not sure we'll get any more summer now!

Just a short run for me today, I'm doing a fast 10k tomorrow... apparently... the new garmin watch is telling me to... it's quite bossy.

• Options

EM-68 good luck on your fast 10km as instructed by your new Garmin....let us know how you get on later 

• Options

well, I got a PB. 1:02:53, 2 minutes quicker than my previous one at the end of May... also a pb for 5k at 30:46. Not all that fast, but the Garmin is proving to be very motivational - aiming for sub 30 mins in the next couple of weeks.  image

• Options

they do have thar effect my daughter found the same after she got her Garmin

• Options

Morning all

held a bake sale on Saturday to raise money towards Dream come true the charity I'm running the GNR for a little disappointing as we only had 10 people show up did raise £40 and sell £11 pounds worth of raffle tickets so we took what remained of the cakes to the church my wife and mother go to and sold some after the service and raised another £50

one of our mums friends who help us on Saturday said she would sell raffle tickets for us to the members of the clubs she belongs to so there should be more to come from that

Although having said that with what we raised Saturday and Sunday and with the sponsorship i got i have already managed to raise the £200 pounds minimum sponsorship they were asking plus about £80 more

• Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭

Yvonne - you mentioned a muddy wet 8 miler. Forgot to say, on Saturday when I was out running they had a 'Tough Mudder' going on in Cirencester Park - and I thought of you.

Em - I like the fact your Garmin is the boss .. it seems to be having the desired effect anyway.

Toby - shame about the poor turnout for the cake sale but glad to hear church members chipped in as well.

I worked from home today so have been out and done just under 4mls. Was surprised when I checked afterwards - pace was 9:48mm (not been able to run that speed for ages!).