Options

How do you know when a guy is committed to you?

Comments

• Options
    Not long, and neither has this bloke!
  • Options
    Jose.Jose. ✭✭✭

At least nobody told AL to kill him....

maybe because it would be a crime to say so.....

mur-de-rers!!!!

• Options
    at the begiining of a relationship, surely, in the flush of all that excitement, i would expect a bloke to WANT to see me, and not to ration his time
  • Options
    AL if he's got a decent sized drainrod - marry him! image
  • Options

I used to do 80 mile round trips for a couple of hours with the future Mrs B.

She already had  a 5 year old son and I never considered him an encumbrance (well not till him and his brother scratched my new car anyway).

• Options

yep, if you are keen you make an effort

this guy isnt

so, If AL wants commitment, it wont seem forthcoming form this guy

If she wants just fun, well fine

• Options

I hope you find a nice guy worthy of nthe person you are AL

xxxxxxxxxx

• Options
    Jose.Jose. ✭✭✭

whatever you ditch him or marry him,

do always shag him!!

• Options
    LOL Blondie - I can undersatnd that one
  • Options
    well, wrth cwrs Jose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    AL, I'll bone you once a week if you like? I'm very punctual.
  • Options

Agree with comments that a relationship should be easy in early stages. Disagree with anybody that says it should stay easy, it never does because people reveal their true colours once they get more comfertable in a relationship. And thats not to say the deception is deliberate (although sometimes it is), i just think we all sub-consciously try to impress and paint an inaccurate picture of ourselves.

I wouldn't offer relationship advise, I'm crap at them and have given up for the time being and become rather cynical (see above comments image), but if your doubts are big enough AL to post on the internet this early then he is probably not the guy for you.

• Options

There is one thing that has been overlooked.  There are adults with aspergers syndrome or other types of autism who want to have relationships, but struggle.  I don't know enough about this area to comment, but they can be very successful people, but loners.  But just because they are alone does not mean they want to be alone.  They just struggle with what is expected in a normal loving give and take relationship.   

• Options
    Commitment means "no matter what".<blockquote>It's as simple as making the decision to be totally
    committed to your spouse and to the relationship. No
    matter what happens: financially, health wise, or
    otherwise. No matter what. Once the two of you have
    decided to stay "no matter what", there is no question of
    stay or go, yes or no.<blockquote>Write this down: "ALL RELATIONSHIPS HAVE ISSUES".
    Happy relationships always have issues. Unhappy
    relationships certainly have issues. It's just that in happy
    relationships, the couples identify the issues, negotiate
    the issues, and come to terms with the issues. Couples
    in unhappy relationships deny, ignore, put up, or run
    away.
    Once the two of you have made the decision "no matter
    what" the emphasis is on the we. And, since we is not
    you and not him, the only positions "we" have are the
    ones you've decided together. In short, all problems are
    negotiable because there are no his problems or her
    problems. When one partner has a problem, just having
    the problem should be a problem for the other partner.
    Therefore, all problems are shared problems. Their
    problems require their solutions.<blockquote> <blockquote>Ain't the internet wonderful
  • Options
    Most relationships have the 'rose coloured spectacles' phase first, where you just don't see the other person's niggly habits.  This lasts roughly up to a year or so.  After that, the (imaginary) spectacles come off and annoying things get noticed.  This is when the problems start, but as JC says, if the couple are together and communicate well, the problem is dealt with or a compromise is found. 
  • Options
    Don't forget the bit where the sex dries up Blondieee...image
  • Options
    Jose.Jose. ✭✭✭
    Hippo, Cymru am byth!!!
  • Options
    Thats the difficult bit, the communication. The theory is you tell your partner you are unhappy with relationship (or aspect of), they understand your concerns without being upset or offended, you discuss and reach said compromise. The reality is often a little different......
  • Options
    the reality is that someone usually backs down to keep the peace NTL.  And it's usually the same person over and over.
  • Options

Couldn't agree more Blondie! Other alternative is nobody backs down and its like living in World War 3 image

Of my own personal experience, family, friends and people I know, very few are truly happy in their relationships.  Like I said earlier have given up, unless Ruth Lorenzo happens to knock on my door image

• Options

A surrendered single is a woman who chooses to apply the principles of surrendering to her life so as to serenely attract a good man rather than desperately seek a mate.

Doyle says that the basic principles of a Surrendered Single are that she:

• Acknowledges her desire to attract and marry a man who's right for her;
    • Lets go of the idea of a perfect man;
    • Receives compliments, gifts, help, and dates graciously whenever possible;
    • Takes responsibility for and focuses on her own happiness and fulfillment;
    • Relinquishes control of the pace of the courtship;
    • Strives to be vulnerable;
    • Honors her desire to be married by ending dead-end relationships;
    • Checks for safety before she risks herself physically or emotionally.
    I'm not sure I understand most of this, but I am prepared to admit that I probably practised a few of these principles myself when single, albeit unwittingly.
  • Options

A relationship is blinkin hard work from day 1.  You have to seek each others approval for just about everything you do, and when the approval is denied, it causes rifts.  And don't you boys get sooooo fed up if you have no toys.  I'm talking motorbikes, model aircraft, classic cars to fiddle about with in the garage, latest electronics, phones... this is just the tip of the ice-berg in this house!  Think I married Inspector Gadget!

• Options

mmmm, all very interesting. I really appreciate everyone's comments.image

Thanks for your offer Coops. But I don't just want punctuality....committment as well!!!

Said guy has called tonight, said he obviosuly wanted me to come to party on sat night but I have the kids etc, said that I have an open invitation to his place anytime,  that he's really looking forward to seeing me on Friday night and happened to mention that my photo is now his screen saver on his phone (ahhhhh). So that seems better doesn't it??? No mention about next week though, but I guess thats just something I need to work on....!

• Options
    He's read this thread, AL!! image
  • Options
    I'm happy to commit to my offer, what more do you want?
  • Options

One of my wife's friends husbands bought a new Audi without discussing it  and then got caught speeding at 120 in it within a month. Automatic ban.

She is not best pleased on many levels.

• Options
    Coops10 wrote (see)
    I'm happy to commit to my offer, what more do you want?
    I'm a woman with many needs Coops, I can send through my list if you'd like???image

Blondiee, if he'd read it I don't think he'd be too happy!!!image
  • Options
    Seriously though, what he has said tonight to you sounds committed and that he likes you. Would have been very harsh to ditch him imho.
  • Options
    Send the list if you like, but it takes a certain woman to put up with me, as you can imagine! image