Options

BUPA London 10,000

Comments

• Options
    I'm guttted to be honest. I loved this race.
  • Options

Tracy - I only accept responsibility for the anti-oxidant training plan if you have a fantastic run and smash your PB! If you have a cr@p run and crash and burn, that training plan was suggested by someone else!! image

And as for Mr K's running atttire, I make no comments at all (but I think he must have been to the pub already to even consider wearing them) image

• Options

Cheers for the info DW - I enjoyed last years Hyde Park 10k - even the tough uphill finish. I was going to have to miss it this year, as I would have been offshore, so I'm off to check out the re-arranged event.

Good luck for Monday to all

• Options

Evening.

Hi Hummo! Went for a crappy 5k this morning, body tired, legs still aching, but worried about not getting some exercise in. Won't be going in morning as just back from training (the wine way image ). How's yours?

The Wetherspoons http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/pubs/pub-details.php?PubNumber=162

Everyone's invited to join us for a social after the run! Shout if you're going.. if you don't recognise anyone, Mr.K. should be there and recognisable (unless his bits fall off whilst running!).

WTS I followed your advice image saying that.. I did have two small.. followed by about 4 large d/cokes (carb loading? ) although the Thai meal was also carbs.. soaked in something soggy image Feel ill now.

gmike You feeling better yet? Just realised no-one's even given you 'man flu' sympathy.... How are you?

• Options
    gmikegmike ✭✭✭

image aah at last .. *coughs feably into hanky and sniffs* ... you gals just don't know what us men have to endure ...

... Not feeling to bad actually thanks TracyB. Had a bit of a rest last night .. went to bed at 8!! I do feel the better for it but v jealous of your Thai meal ... mine was a more meager home made attempt .. rice noodles, bean sprouts and scrambled egg with hot thai chilli sauce image

Lovin the outfit Mr. K .. pmsl image

Trying my hardest not to wish the weekend away but looking forward to Monday .. not long now folks image

• Options
    Had a whole day shopping yesterday! how's that for tapering image.
  • Options

Hi all,

had a bit of a blip after the birthday weekend with a bout of food poisoning image which is a bit of a disaster. the food tasted fine at the time....let's just say I'm giving the shellfish a miss for a while!

been drinking tonnes of water and have replaced the lost fluids. have been doing some gentle cross training and tried a 6k last night but it was very hard work..... might have to start towards the back of green A and save the energy for the 2nd half.

I'm travelling up on sunday from Yeovil and staying at lancaster gate so should be able to walk through the parks/warm up to the start on monday. Also staying the monday night too so making a weekend of it.

Just one thing...those plastic tie things for the timing chip; are they strong enough to hold it in place? was tempted to use a plastic cable tie thing.

Good luck to all of you.......I've got butterlies already!

Edd

P.S. I'll have "Edd" on my back so give a shout when you pass me!

• Options

Hi All

Sorry for the lack of activty on my part - been away from the PC.

Weds was a "volunteering day" spent digging, laying slabs and building a Wendy House at a school.  (aching on Weds evening).

Yesterday & today away with work, but managed to log in for a while this morning.

Tracy B - I've not run since last Weds (due to an annoying cough).  I will go for a short run Saturday to loosen up.  We'll see how we feel Sunday morning.  We could go for it and crash and burn, or be conservative and finish comfortably.  Over the weekend I'll send you my moby number so we can meet up Mon morning.

What's this talk of alcohol free? Can't be doing with that!!

• Options
    Has anyone seen the weather forecast for Monday?  I just checked the BBC website and guess what it says for Monday?  Heavy rain showers!!  AGAIN!image  it does say temp is going to be 21 degrees so it might be warm rain!image  Hopefully the heavy rain won't happen till the afternoon.  I ran it last year and the weather was hideous so at least I'm use to it!
  • Options
    gmike of course we do... just imagine, childbirth! It's nothing compared to man flu.. you poor thing you image Glad you are feeling better. The Thai is hanging around and feeling 5lb heavier!

Andyp unless Tryffydog says otherwise, 9am Green Park is the plan… is that the right station? I haven’t checked it out yet – she may be bringing a Fetchie if they’ve unvarnished. Also,meeting Slow Plodder there. Feel free to send your mob number, but I will only use it in emergency. Hey.. this threads so long, was anyone else meeting us there? Great re community day.. are we health freaks AND do-gooders? image I went to a voluntary IT club thing at school but was cancelled. I did a community thing and it was a proud achievement with all the work that’s put in. Probably covered in graffiti now  Crash and burn’s the plan.. never done that before so would be a First = Achievement image

Lisa tapering idea sounds fab, and possibly better than the red wine option (which I chose).

Edd that’s a shame… am pleased I’m vegetarian.. although that Thai last nite was a bit suspicious…. Good luck Monday.. will shout if I see you. I shout at most people I see... so you'll know it's me image

Remember the social afterwards! Who’s going to be there?
  • Options
    Me bold and italics are up the creek image Right! Work! Laters all.. have a nice day
  • Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Divine / Boswandeling - I know its nothing like the Great events but for 5 Km racing / events - try parkrun I try to run every week at my local one.

TracyB - I`m sure come Monday @ 10.00am the legs will be fine image 

TracyB wrote (see)
     Mr.K. should be there and recognisable (unless his bits fall off whilst running!).

image  I will make sure this does NOT happen image

Lisa -  lol @ `Shopping`....I have a feeling it counts as `cross training` rather than `tampering` but well done anyway & the arms & feet do not ache image 

Edwin - Hope all improves before Monday. Yeovil eh - I was born in Templecombe.

Weather Report - Monday

So it in the Wetherspoons - The Lord Moon of the Mall - afterwards then.... I have printed off the directions (mainly for use afterwards thou image) and if it helps I shall wear / carry my bright yellow lightweight running jacket & drap it over a chair when inside.  Have a feeling it could be busy in there.. image

Names on tops (front & back) always gets the biggest cheer

• Options

Mr. K. hooray got my bold's back! It is a fair size pub. I will look for bright yellow lightweight jacked if don't catch up with you in the race image as feel sure you will be there before me!

So me, Mr.K., gmike, tryffydog, slow plodder, andyp.... who else was it? Note, this list is not in chip time order image

All as you walk down to the pub, it's on the right-handside, next to a small theatre.

Need to check who's meeting at Green Park too...

• Options
    gmikegmike ✭✭✭

Is it too late for a list??

The 'Bupa 10000' Social 2009.

TracyB
    Mr. K
    gmike
    tryffydog
    slow plodder
    andyp

Copy & Paste & add your name if you're coming image

• Options

aaawwww thanks gmike. Top organising skills image How you feeling mr.man.flu (please leave the snotty description out though...) ?

• Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

Do we run past the The Lord Moon?

If so that`s just not fair.

• Options

Found two more that mentioned interest in social:

The 'Bupa 10000' Social 2009 - Lord Moon of the Mall (oooh... that could be Mr.K.!)

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/pubs/pub-details.php?PubNumber=162

TracyB
    Mr. K
    gmike
    tryffydog
    slow plodder
    andyp

boswandeling with the reddest face
    way too slow

Copy & Paste & add your name if you're coming image

Mr.K. we run past it just as we are coming back up to Trafalgar Square (having studied it closely as am completely naff with directions, getting bearings, running, being alcohol/chocolate free, rest days blah blah image )

• Options
    gmikegmike ✭✭✭
    Yeah we run right past it on the last corner Mr. K .. haha  .. could we have the first round delivered to the railings as we pass???
  • Options
    are you feeling better? fit for Monday? You guys will be racing past and not even notice it! Oooohhh.. you could get the drinks in as well as get a table ! See you there after 11 image
  • Options

Evening all!

Tracy - have decided to park at Hainault as I know the area. Am aiming for the 7:58 train so should reach Newbury Park shortly after eight, I will get in the front carriage if possible. This is supposed to get us to Green Park by 8:45 with one change. I will e mail you my mobile in a minute in case of last minute change of plans.

Really looking forward to this, am I the only one who doesn't mind running in the rain?image

• Options

Tryffydog! Newbury Park is right on the A12, but yes thats fine. The front? How will I recognise you? image Will be there but wave madley in case I'm still asleep and don't see you or am in the ladies...

No, I like running (plodding!) in the rain! Much prefer it to the heat, so the 23 degree forecast is bothering me... Am soooo bored.. looking up more runs for my diary. Thinking Horndon on the Hill.. did it a few years ago... but should be easier now.. I'm still weighty, but fitter.. or was before this week! And also High Ongar 10k? Really must get a life image

Did Fetchie vanish?

• Options

Not long now ,going for a 10k run in a mo ,looking forward to warming up in front of palace.

tempted to do the wells fun run tomorrow

learn to love your hilly races and this race is like a walk in the park

• Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

I'm off the the in-laws which is a non internet zone image (Dark Ages), but happens to be a bit closer to London and excellent childcare facilities so I would quickly like to say

GOOD LUCK and have a fab race.

I have decided to wear the BHF top so if you see 10751 with a red heartrunners top say hi image and if you see her cadging a ride on a bus just ignore it image

Sorry I can't make the social, would of been good to meet you all

Lisa
  • Options
    gmikegmike ✭✭✭

Mornin All,

TracyB - Thursdays early night did me the world of good ...  so much so that I did myself a mini triathlon on Friday after work ... 30 mins swim / 30 mins bike / 30 mins run ... and guess what, I won!!
    Ok so I was the only competitor but who's counting image

Tryffydog - Running in the rain = image ... standing around waiting in rain = image

andybrook - with you on the hill front .. not much choice where I live .. you can't beat a good hill to get warmed up!

• Options
    gmikegmike ✭✭✭
    Good Luck Lisa. Safe journey and have a good run. image
  • Options

Mornin, Mornin,

What a lovely day!

gmike glad you are feeling better... that man flu can really wipe you out for.. hours.. image I wanted to do a 5k today but my legs are feeling heavy! I think the excessive chocolate has gone to my ankles image Well done on winning your personal mini-tri! Feel a bit grotty today (my excuse for no sub-60 Mon before we get there!).

Lisa have a good trip and will look out for snug heart top tomorrow (will never remember number though).

Andybrook that's what I'm hoping, with recent hilly runs behind me.

Think am going to take a drive down to Southend.... I think.. Have a nice day everyone image

• Options

I ALWAYS have heavy-legs the pre-race run I do. I used to get stressed out at that, thinking i was de-conditioned, but now I realise it must be my body's way of shutting down in preparation for the race ahead.

Thanks for the info on Parkrun - I'd seen these and will do in future.  At present, I am not doing 5K's so will give BUPA 5K a miss (Maurice and his band ofy merry men/women do a much nicer, friendlier job in Regent's park 10K summer series!).

I am getting excited now. Travelling down tomorrow by coach. Good luck to everyone, I hope you all get your personal achievements met, whether first 10k (you'll automatically get a PB!!), fundraising target, improving PB or all! 

Off tonight for my own heavy-legged run (get it out of my system) of 3 miles (ish) then rest.

• Options

Gmike - umm forgot about the standing around, rain dance at 9:55 thenimage

Tracy - a friend at work is doing the High Ongar 10 but I only get back from a 2 week holiday the day before so am doing Felstead 10K the following Sunday.

How many people will there be on the tube at 8am on a bank holiday!! I'll think of something conspicuous to do as we pull into NPimage

• Options

Didn't go southend, only just back from Sburys.. and usually do shop online.. but 'only wanted a few bits', and now the Sun's gone!!

T-Dog , I think Felstead is further for me. Will have a look.

As for people on the tube.. you haven't been this area for a while.. for some people it's their homes.. so don't underestimate the amount of tube travellers on the Central Line at 8am on a Bank Holiday image

Do you use those gel energy things? I got some with my Nuns Run pack, but I don't use them. Would you like them?

T

• Options

Went up to support work friend at FLM this year & used same route from Hainault. Everybody travelling that day had same purpose in mind so I didn't notice any squattersimage

The only gels I use are SIS & then only when doing very long runs during marathon prep so thank you but I'm sure they'll be more use to others, Lisa maybe.

The Fetchie vanished completely, don't know what I said. Perhaps he thought RW stood for rude women or somethingimage

Off to prepare a mushroom pasta bake thing for dinner followed by strawberries & creamimage