Options

BUPA London 10,000

Comments

• Options

last k running along horse guards ave,then whiethall before the mall down to the finish with buckingham palace in the background ,its fab cant wait

• Options
    Mr KMr K ✭✭✭

Don`t forget this is being covered by Ch 5 on Monday....

"09.50am – 11.00am Channel 5 – Live coverage of the Bupa London 10,000"

• Options

Hey T-Dog, I was joking.. it's not really that bad on the tubes - although the one I reported when it was 'zero tolerance' phase, I got laughed at! Will bring them with.. not being an ultra runner.. I don't use them. Just occassional redbull for runs. Have totally ballsed up my prep although was rice with dinner. Was more ready a month ago than I am now. Not helped by being invited to Rugby 7s tomorrow starting with the pub.. but just thinking about going..

Perhaps he had too many RW's to speak to image

ALL, ALSO DON'T FORGET THE SOCIAL image (have I got my priorities right ? image )

• Options

............rushes off to set DVD recorder for Mondayimage

You'll be fine Tracy, the crowds will help.

A few Fetchies have bet on me..........................oh dearimage

• Options

Mentally visualising an ice cold pint waiting for me at the end could be the one thing getting me through it image!

went out for a long slow walk in the sun today around the country lanes....only saw 2 cars in 90 mins!

Off to London tomorrow morning and will be seeing how long it takes to walk from Lancaster gate to Green park. And then off to find a nice Italian for some pasta!

atb,

edd

• Options

What time are you expecting? 40 mins?

If I don't do sub-60, it will be andyp slowing me down image

• Options

Good luck folks. I'm heading to London in the morning - should be in bed!

Have a great race.  image

• Options
    Safe journey Kelly! Have a good time image
  • Options

Edwin, Lancaster Gate to Green Park 20/25 mins on foot.

Bayswater road,Park Lane,Piccadilly

Italian -Concordia 29 Craven Road, just around the back of lancaster Gate

• Options

oooohhhhh hello you! Thought you'd vanished image

Green Park at 9?

• Options

I've seen the web page for Concordia, however it looks like the owners have retired? is it still open? will have a wander around! there are a couple of Italian places nearby!

green park for 9 ish!

having trouble trying to upload a pic of me! Just look for the bloke with "Edd" on his back!

• Options

Went passed there on friday never noticed anything,try the taormina in craven terrace which is even nearer.

TB,I will be there for 9 image

• Options
    good luck one and all - i'm off to get to the big smoke.
  • Options

Mornin' all

Managed my first run in 10 days yesterday.  Felt soooo heavy.  Feel ready for London though!

TracyB - I will meet you just outside Green Park station at 9am.  I'll look out for a group of you.

My running number is Blue B 6500 and I'll have my number on over whatever else have on at that point!

Off to the beach today - yay!!

• Options
    PS good luck to those running at Wokingham today.
  • Options

lovely day a bit of sunbathing by the look of it ,not doing wells today ,save it all for tomorrow.

• Options
    any one know whos taking photos
  • Options
    just found it www.marathonfoto.com same as who did london marathon
  • Options

Edd - thought you were going italian for pre-race breakfast! Only just saw your post...see you at 9.

Slow Plodder - thanks for email.. see you at 9... image image

Andyp - really.. what time are u expecting? I may need to duck back from it... my body just doesn't feel right for it. If I beat 1.06 I have a PB! Really did enter it for a sub-60 and trained short-faster until this week.. but don't want to hold you back from your usual 40min (?) 10k time. See you at 9.

Good luck to Wokingham halves today too! I can't walk for two weeks after I do halves...

To recap: Green Park at 9 - who are we looking for? Add your name here:

Edd
    Slow Plodder
    Andyp
    Me
    Tryffydog

And remember the Social at Lord Moon on the Mall... Mr.K. will bag the table noticeable by protruding rear cheeks, name on top, and fluro jacket on chair.

Didn't make the coast yesterday.. think am going to go now for the airshow.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE x

• Options
    looking forward to tomorrow, good luck everybody!!!! image
  • Options

I'm just getting all my stuff ready for tomorrow......

Tied the chip to my shoes, details on the back of my number (5161 Blue zone A for info), sticker on baggage sack etc.

I've worked out my travel timetable, the only thing is I've got to get up at about 6.30 image to give myself plenty of time to have breakfast, catch the train and get to the start to try to meet you all. Very early for a bank holiday, but I would prefer to get up in plenty of time rather than cut things tight.

The forecast isn't looking too bad now, hopefully we won't get as wet as last year, but it won't be as sunny as it is at the moment! That's not too much to ask is it??

Good luck everyone!!

• Options

WTS-also in Blue A no 5394

Getting up at about 5:15am tomorrowimage having very early night tonight!

BBC weather on line says 26c tomorrowimage...........bit too warm for me!

• Options
    gmikegmike ✭✭✭

Early start for me as well tomorrow .. need to be at station for 7:15 so it's definately up at 6 latest.

Preparing stuff today is far to organised WTS .. I will stick to my usual running round like headless chicken on the morning image

Pack some Sun lotion for tomorrow .. could be a scorcher image (not angry face but roasted)

• Options

I hate running in the heat, i was actually hoping for rain! lol. I think my aim of sub 38 is going away with the rain clouds! Does anyone know how the wave system works?

• Options

Good thought gmike.

WTS goes off to pack sun lotion together with the waterproofs!!image

Iain, last year they set the waves off at a couple of minute intervals to try and spread the runners round the course better and avoid bunching. Seemed to work then as far as I remember, although you always seem to get some people intent on walking the whole way starting right at the front! image (red angry face not roasted)

• Options

Cheers WTS, would i be wrong in presuming the letter at the front of your race number is the wave you'll be in?

• Options
    Each colour is divided into 3 waves, A B or C. Red, blue then green, so if you are in red you shouldn't have too many problems!
  • Options
    is that the colour of your number is then? sorry for the noob questions!
  • Options

Hi Iain - yes. Your running number will consist of a letter - A,B or C and the colour Red,Blue or Green.

Each colour band is  divided into  three waves  - A,B,C - so in total there are nine waves.

Does anyone know, if   the colours represent what time you are expected to finish? My colour is red and the letter is B, but I cant remember my estimated time!!  Is the red wave supposed to be sub 50 mins? If so im in trouble!!

thanks

Sandeep

• Options

Hi all,

Wow, you lot have certainly been busy since i last posted on here.

I think im going to be happy as a plodder tommorrow. My knee injury seems to have finally eased off now i have my shoe inserts, but i havent really tested them apart from a gentle run on monday.

Done a bootsale today and pulled a muscle in my back while lifting the boxes, so now im starting to think im jinxed!!

Oh well, I think i'll just take it easy and take in the sights.  Hopefully the weather wont be as hot as today....A little overcast would do me fine.

Anyway, good luck tommorrow everyone