Options

BUPA London 10,000

Comments

• Options
    cheers sandeep, well i'm red A and im aiming for sub 38, but i can't remember if i put an estimated time down? If the weather is hotter than today i'm in trouble, do not enjoy the heat!
  • Options

OK number on vest, chip on shoe, things packed...................

Wearing Fetch vest with name/forum name/forum piccie on back, please say hi as you pass meimage

I'm in Blue A, think I estimated about 59mins. Hopefully my marathon from 2 weeks ago will mean I'm fitter than for my previous 10k's but will my legs still be tired.............oh well time will tell.

• Options

How are people dressing to travel?

Are you going in your running gear with just a tracksuit over the top, or will you completely change into something when you get there?

Then do you just get on the train afterwards all sweaty and smelly?

• Options
    gmikegmike ✭✭✭

There was a large tent, one male one female, for changing last year so a complete change is possible although it was a bit muddy last year due to the wet weather.

We're all going for a dip in the fountain at Trafalgar Square after image

• Options

I'm wearing my kit with a t shirt & baggy bottoms to travel in & hopefully these will be tidy enough to wear to the pub afterwards. Are you joining us Essex-Tiger, in the fountains followed by Wetherspoonsimage

When I did FLM in 2007 I got changed in the middle of Blackheath, Mr T-Dog took photosimage

• Options

Good luck to everyone running tomorrow and thanks for your support and encouragement on my posts in recent days.  I'm still very worried about tomorrow but am determined to get round whatever happens - and if I do am looking forward to that huge afternoon glass of wine!

Hope it is a good day and that you all enjoy it! 

• Options
    hey good luck angel, no need to be worried, just enjoy it! image
  • Options

Hi Angel - you'll be fine tomorrow, did you enjoy your swim?

You're guaranteed to PB, the sun will shine & there will be a lage glass of something at the end. A perfect bank holidayimage

• Options
    Thank you - yes the swim was good.  Just really hoping I can get round tomorrow and that I enjoy it!
  • Options

Blimey! A whole page of posting with out me butting in image

T-Dog see you in the morning bright and early

gmike I don't think the fountain water is any safer to drink than Canvey.. be careful image

ET I travel in my running gear... but cos of pub afterwards I may take jeans to throw over, and maybe even a fresh top!

9am Green Park I have some numbers noted... should we put a stop time on as in 9.05 we're gone, so if anyone's later, they know not to hang around?

Oh.. am Green A 9915 in a red t-shirt (you know the one gmike).

Spent the day, surprisingly, at Rugby 7 Tournament at Twickenham, consuming only 2 bottles of water image Left early from seeing England vs NZ in the final as needed to get back to prep (more water, carbs, number check, chip on laces check, sun cream check, set alarm for 6.30am check.... ).

Hope it's nowhere near as hot as it was today.

Post Run Social JD Wetherspoon Lord Moon on the Mall - everyone's welcome (well.. it is a public place image )

See you all tomorrow (if I'm not back tonight)

• Options

I've had fantastic race preparation today by going to my brother in laws birthday bbq and eating far too much of the wrong sort of food and consuming rather a lot of anti-oxidants!! image

Ah well, lets just see what happens tomorrow!

• Options

going to be dry but hot plenty of water on way round good luck every one

• Options

Oh WTS, there was me thinking you are taking this seriously! image I abstained (is that the right word?) and still on water image Goody-goody me ...

andybrook can you change the forecast... I don't like it too hot. What happened to the storms today? They were predicted.

• Options

Tracy, of course I'm taking this seriously!!

All the magazines say you should make sure you get enough anti-oxidants. I've just made sure mine are topped up. Red wine is a great source!! image

Well done you for being a goody-two-shoes though!!! image I'm very impressed! 

• Options

WTS yes I knew that really image

Thank you.. I like to impress image To be honest it was sooooo hot to drink alcohol.. we were right in the heat.. was tempted almost.. but was a 'date' type thing so didn't want to get drunk AND ruin my run tomorrow... image

• Options
    gmikegmike ✭✭✭

right I'm off to bed now .. See you all in the morning image

Good Racing Everyone image

• Options

Night gmike oh... are you a Green Park at 9.. or just the pub after?

Sweet dreams (I never sleep well the night before a race!).

Nite image

• Options
    Right I'm gone too.... am ready!... see you tomorrow. Good Luck Everyone (again).. have a great day image
  • Options

I'm off to bed soon as well, got an early start tomorrow!

Hope to catch up with some of you at Green Park at 9 or at Weatherspoons afterwards.

HAVE A GREAT RACE EVERYONE!!!

• Options
    Off to bed now, see you all tomorrowimage
  • Options

Sleep well all.

Good luck with the run, and I hope to meet up with some of you tomorrow.

Andy image

• Options
    Today's the day, folks! Get your porridge and 'nanas in ya, and lots of water. I'm starting at the back of the packe (Green B) so I will enjoy watching all of you coming back t'other way since I'll probably be walking at 2km again image Overcast this morning, hope it clears before 10. Don't want to swim my way like we did last year.
  • Options
    Mark, I'm in green B too, the rain seems to have disappeared from the forecaste. Am I the only one who woke up every hour during the night? Have a good run everyone.
  • Options
    Aaaarggggg!!! It's here!
    Good luck everyone, hopefully see some of you on the way around.
    Quick, grab some toast!
  • Options
    Race JaseRace Jase ✭✭✭
    Good Luck everybody!
  • Options
    Jubilate, I woke too, and dreamt about the run inbetween. LOL. Good luck all!
  • Options
    Better weather this year although it threatened to rain at times. Much bigger crowd than last year too.
    My own performance though could only be described as average! The race organisation - spot on.
    Loved the bands/music and a truly great course.
    Well done everyone who ran.
  • Options
    Well done everyone who ran today! Wasn't a PB for me (thanks to a toilet break), but knocked 12 mins off my time from last year's event image Not bad for no training LOL
  • Options
    GladragsGladrags ✭✭✭

what a nice run - well organised and not too crowded. showers and 2 water stops - perfect!

managed 56.20 which is the fastest i've gone in quite a while! hope everyone else had fun?

didn;t make the pub as other half invited some friends over - quick change for me and then a late lunch with lots of liquid refreshment!

• Options
    What well organised run, can't rate it highly enough, managed a p.b of 38.10 which is also a bonus! I'm slightly pissed though as i didn't set the sky plus up and it didnt record!!! Anyone know if it's repeated or anything?