Options

Bupa 10K Great Manchester Run

Comments

• Options
    Gold PigGold Pig ✭✭✭

Notquite... Its difficult for anybody else to tell you to run or to rest. You will do as you feel, as for all runners. You just have to weigh up the pros and cons. How much pain will you be in after the race and will it be worth it. You dont want to do anything that will set you back weeks, even months.

Helly..You sound like a coilled springimage Dont set off too fast tomorrow. What number are you 

• Options

Deputy Dawg , do I sound that bad ?  or is that good ?

Just hate this last fews days when you have to rest , cos I really enjoy the running . Im an early bird , generally , and it sets me up for the day . Just feel all lethargic if Ive not run . Do you know what I mean ?

Anyway just been to look at my number and Im 13826, so say hello if you see me image

• Options

Anyway Deputy you need to tell us your number , cos looking back on yesterdays posts if we want to see talent running we should watch you !!

So is that a talented runner, or just talent ?!!

• Options
    Gold PigGold Pig ✭✭✭

helly...What i meant was that you are "raring to go"  like a caged animal. Why dont you just do a 2 or 3m slow run today, just to loosen up. I am 7573, so may bump into you. I know you put down 50mins, but what are you expecting.

• Options
    Gold PigGold Pig ✭✭✭

Helly

Dont be putting me under pressureimage

• Options

No pressure Deputy!!image

I am hoping for 50mins , hoping but not expecting ! Dont think it will be a day for a fast run , do you ?

And fifty mins would be a good time for me , have been training to that, there or there abouts for a couple of weeks now . And I think when  its a race the atmosphere always seems to help you with the time .

• Options
    Gold PigGold Pig ✭✭✭
    If you get the weather, then you will get your time. Its a flat and fast course, I think i will get around 55mins, anything quicker will be a bonus.
    Youre a bit too fast for me...shame
  • Options
    Im orange number 462A hope to get around in under 38 mins . Legs may be a lttle stiff though as i am travelling up from Coventry in the morning . image
  • Options
    sorry number 432a is mine hope to meet some of you near the start 
  • Options
    Gold PigGold Pig ✭✭✭
    GOWER 118 wrote (see)
     Legs may be a lttle stiff though as i am travelling up from Coventry in the morning . image

Gower..are you walking image

38 mins,!!!!!!!!!!  now thats fast.image 

• Options
    No but my navigation skills are nil
  • Options

notquiteborntorungo to the shops and buy a tennis ball asap,

google piriformis and have a look on youtube for some stretches, sit on the tennis ball and use it to massage your bum cheek.

If you feel a bit better then run tomorrow, 

(you can always run/walk)

Or defer for next year if it is really too painful

• Options
    Sprint AkieSprint Akie ✭✭✭
     Ive been put into the blue wave. Still dont understand which waves are for the faster and slower people but from looking online Im sure Im not in the right wave as the only people I can find in the blue wave are looking at an hour for the 10k whereas I am about 45mins!! Can you just move into a different wave on the day?
  • Options

I'm very confused about the waves too. I'm sure I saw someone on here who is in the pink wave (which I thought was the slowest wavebut might be wrong) but is planning on doing it in less than 50mins?

My friends is in the white wave (he's hoping for 49mins) but wants to start with me in the green wave (62mins for me I hope). He's rang up and they said it's fine for him to just start same wave as me. The occassional person swapping over doesn't matter.

• Options

Sprint Akie - Running 45 mins you should be in the Orange Wave. 

I am white and put 55 mins - hoping to do 50 mins!

Just cooking my pre-race pasta.

Good luck everyone!

• Options

I think the order in terms of speed is:

Orange - White - Blue - Green - Pink

Should be less busy than last year with the addition of the blue wave.

You will struggle to swap - they are keen on pulling people out of the wrong group while people are milling around before teh start.  You will have to be sneaky and stick in the middle of the road - or stick a bin liner over you!

• Options
     Hmm. Might have to take my chances because I dont really want to be dodging and side-stepping my way through the blue wave over the first few kilometres just because the organisers messed up my entry and then put me in the wrong wave!!
  • Options
    Sprint  Akie , i think they go by the time you supplied when you entered ? .
  • Options
    Gold PigGold Pig ✭✭✭

Now dont forget to say a prayer tonight for nice weather tomorrowimage

Good luck everybody, have a great race. 

• Options

Yeah I put down around 45-46mins so no idea why Im back in the blue wave. Will see what happens when I get there cos' Im going down with someone from the Orange wave.

Good luck peeps!

• Options
    Good luck to everyone run today, the weather is looking good, let's hope the rain holds off until later this afternoon. Off to Manchester now.
  • Options
    Somebody did say their prayers - weather was great wasn't it?
    Really impressed - thought it was going to be dreadful running in such a big crowd but it was so well organised. Support was great all the way round.
    Good to see you again Farnie (and Cally) - and I can say I ran past Gebrselessie in a 10K race!!!! (just don't mention he was at 8k and I was going the other way at 3!) DG snuck in the white wave with her pink number and I got 12 secs slower than PB on the back of no training!!!! HA HA HA!
    Good Day
  • Options

Just got back had a great day weather held out great, didnt get the time i wanted but i did get me picture with haile Gebrselassie and he told me good luck i was made up. image

Hope  people got there times they wanted?

• Options

I thought it was a great day - well organised and fun!

My first ever event and I finished in 1:07 - an ave pace of 10.42 per mile according to my Garmin. Very happy with that - my target was to go round in under 11 min miles.

I hope everyone else is happy with their times and day!

• Options
    Gold PigGold Pig ✭✭✭

Well done you guys,

I managed to equal my pb of 54.11 so cant complain.
    Our prayers were definately answered regarding the weather, couldnt of been better. I know they changed the route slightly to last year which seemed to make it tougher. Saying that, probably tougher cos i ran fasterimage

• Options

I equalled by PB of 45:37 although I thought I'd beat it as my Garmin showed a better average pace because it mapped the course at 6.31 miles but I'm happy as I've not done much quicker running for the passed two months, the route wasn't as good in my opinion but I suppose it got rid of the bottle nech on that thin path on the way back.

Overall a great day and the weather was spot on. 

• Options

Considering there were 33k runners i thought the organisation was spot on. They even held the rain off as well for most of the runners. Got a PB of 40.07 which always helps. image

• Options

Had a brilliant day. Was in Pink Wave but ran quicker than thought and hoped to finish in hour.Twisted ankle on bottle of water, but still got round in 1:10 So not too bad i suppose. Its just the pouring rain that was horrendous! Really enjoyed it

Roll on the London 10,000 on Bank Holiday Monday

• Options
    Organisation was really good and enjoyed it a lot. I found it very congested all the way round though and that was in the Orange wave. Still, I got a new pb of 45.45 so I'm happy indeed. Easy 2 weeks from now until the Edinburgh Marathon (I'll panic once I get my race pack!)