Options

Sheffield Half-Marathon

Comments

• Options

I'm in. Just done Catforth & Great North West HM's, so hope for another PB........

(Ferocitas)

• Options
    david bastow wrote (see)

Ive got Leeds to do after then Edinburgh marathon on 23rd.

Is Sheff better then Leeds for spectator support?

It's a bit of a unfair question to be honest. Both city's have good support but in places Sheffield half has northing but industrial units on the route, but also goes through a massive posh student area. Leeds is a bit more spread out for parts of the half. So basically you will get support throughout most of the half and some good student area's but around ecky road in Sheffield you will get a little mobbed. 

Beware there is a bit of a rivaly between the two city's, which normally I try and stoke up because of ex from Leeds but will behave. (I'm a southener living up north, who will never go back).image

• Options

I'm in and so is Mr CS... He has agreed to stay with me to help me pace in prep for Edinburgh mara 4 weeks later... Gotta love Mr CS. image

Cake, you still owe me a pint!!!  Are you coming to Bradford in 3 weeks or have your plans gone awry???

• Options

hiya caz

welcome to the gang

im in this too as well as edinburgh image

• Options
    How come you've left the Edi thread Angie???  Are you getting the kilomathon out of the way and then coming back to us???
  • Options
    hi, just entered! this is my first half and am quite looking forward to it!!
  • Options

hi caz

ive been on quite a few threads so have lost track of the later ones but i will be back on there later

ive got 2 more halfs and the kilomathon before i do sheffield and have been chatting on there too

hard to keep track of it all image image

• Options

image About time chuffing teachers image

CazSoul wrote (see)
    Cake, you still owe me a pint!!!  Are you coming to Bradford in 3 weeks or have your plans gone awry???

Caz still up for Bradford but picked up a niggle on my calf. It's Liverpool half the weekend before, so if the calf misbehaves and I have to chop my leg off I might have to just heckle from the sidelines. Got to be very careful because got a few jolly's on the calendar the next few months.

• Options
    Hill1Hill1 ✭✭✭
    I'm entered for this, wouldn't miss it for the world, now if I can just find some time to fit in some training....image
  • Options
    Hi Guys, I've entered this but can no longer take part. If anyone is interested in taking my place please let me know.
  • Options
    Cake wrote (see)
    CazSoul wrote (see)

Caz still up for Bradford but picked up a niggle on my calf. It's Liverpool half the weekend before, so if the calf misbehaves and I have to chop my leg off I might have to just heckle from the sidelines. Got to be very careful because got a few jolly's on the calendar the next few months.

image he owes me a pint too, I've not entered Sheff yet, waiting to see how my calf behaves at the Kilomathon which means I'll probably too late to get an entry for Sheff. 
  • Options

note to self.

dont buy cake a pint image

• Options

image I promised Caz a pint at the end of last year because of was her first one and talked her into doing it and then had a very expensive month or so. I blame the gas bill last March. Pint's dually noted ladies and I own KJ dinner but we are going to have to get everybody else down this time? Dev Cat again?

Good news is I can't drink. Made a promise that wouldn't before a curtain race this year and trying really had to stick to it. I turned down whisky at the weekend! Single malt I've never had before as well!image

• Options

Dev Cat sounds good to me... I think I'll be driving as I've signed Mr CS up for it as well and its only fair that I drive us home seeing as he normally does the driving.  So it'll be a pint of lager shandy for me. image

I'm sure B would appreciate your company  heckling from the sidelines at  Bradford if your calf is playing up Cake.  *sends super healing vibes to Cakes legs* ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• Options
    The Bruce is still on for playing then? Has anyone warned him about all the students yet?image
  • Options
    If you dont want to miss this one get in quick race limit nearly reached, much sooner than last year, I know some were upset last year cause they missed out, its my local one so I have been keeping an eye on it
    http://www.sheffieldmarathon.com/
  • Options
    Hill1Hill1 ✭✭✭

So are you running it again this year Helen??

Good to see the Sheff Half thread back up and running and some familiar faces back to give it another run. Retford was supposed to be my first half of the year but a friend of mine has decided to get married the day before which kind of put paid to that one so Sheff will be my first half of the year. Not sure whether I'll make the pub afterwards, willknow nearer the time.

• Options

Ooh look! A Sheffield half mara thread! Amazing what you find if you venture off the Sheffield Social thread once in a while. Cake getting the drinks in in the Dev Cat afterwards then is he? I'l tell all the S.P's and the chaps on the sister thread . . . 

• Options

Any slow people doing this?? image

I run all of it, but my PB is only 2 hrs 41.....image Anyone else planning on bimbling at the back??? image

• Options
    i'll be there somewhere image
  • Options
    Yes Hill1 I will be there along with Alex who felt like he missed out last year, I love the atmosphere so just want to enjoy it. Havent been on many forums as my Nan has been really poorly, 7 weeks going back and forth to the Northern General. Good to see some familiar faces tho.
  • Options

Don't worry I'm slow in the head and slow on my feet.image

Sorry to hear about your Nan Helen. ((big tinternet hug))

• Options
    But quick off the mark to  the bar . . .
  • Options
    image - surely only when Caz and I are paying?! image
  • Options
    I am looking forward to this though. I'm so slow I don't feel great doing 5 & 10k's, as I'm normally last, so it feels off-putting. But I feel good running the whole of a HM, so don't care if I'm last so much! Just done Catforth & Great N West HM. I wasn't last in Blackpool!! image
  • Options

Looking forward to this one too. Used to live in Sheffield, just the other side of Hunters Bar from the turn-off point. Done it twice before and thought it had a great atmosphere, especially on Ecclesall Rd(was it last year or '08 when they had cheerleaders on the last industrial section). Prefer it to Leeds 1/2 even though Leeds is my now home town HM.

Will keep bumping into a few from this thread as also doing Leeds 1/2 and Edinburgh. Glad to see others doing all these too -worried I might be overdoing it. Will race at Sheffield (as has PB potential), but prob just use Leeds as a training run and opportunity to develop a thirst.image