Snowdonia Marathon 2010

Comments

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    Ok, you'r eon.
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Oops. I mean, OK, you're on!

But, you're going to have to stick with me.  My last three SNODs have been within 16s of each other, all  3:59 something.  We're going to have CD in our group (but my biggest challenge will be getting him to the starting line image) and TomS.

The trouble is, a pint is a pint is a pint = 568 ml.  Thanks, anyway!  I'll see what I can do.

• Options

i'm up early to start my days training t rex!

sp - definitely entering the cateran trail..the entry form has a question on it...'what drink would you like waiting for you at the bar when you finish?'

i kid you not!

and bizarrely, the ro has the same name as mrs cd!

• Options

Thats my type of question CD. hAHA. Will check dates tonight.

Put me down in your sub-4 group CD, please. Definitely think we need a list. image

• Options
    I can only do ultras witha guide so if Clairster and DE are up for them I will providing they are just wanting to jog round that is. Yes I have to admit it's Charlie I love! the amazing ultracollie.
  • Options

MarathonFoto seem to have finalised the sorting of the photos - must have been a difficult task given the number of runners wearing jackets, bin bags etc over their running top/number:

http://www.marathonfoto.com/start_cobrand.cfm?RaceOID=22822009F1&Language=en&Mailing=23392&AddressNumber=507166&BFI=b75ihjftmx&Frames=true&Flash=true&FlashVersion=8&Height=800&Width=1280&Index2Home=true

No marathons for me till Snowdonia 2010 although I am hoping to do the occassional local fell race. Divorce papers would be served if I did a fraction of the races which you all seem to do!?

• Options
    I'm the same JB my husband told me to take up knitting or book for a saga holiday!
  • Options

You are fountain of knowledge Mr Rex - So literally a few hours after my race report which stated that I usually have a forced rest due contracting a cold, well it looks like I'm having a rest. Makes me feel a little bit better about not having 'umph!' during the weekend's race.

CD Too early for me to commit to anything that big Ultra-wise - i'll keep an eye on the situation though.

• Options
    NG - we are hoping to do osmotherly next july if you want to come along image. and defo wharfedale. and I may also be looking at coniston image
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Hang on, hang on, whose sub-4:00 group is it??  image

Accidentally misled you all in my last post.  Last three SNODs were actually all within 22s not 16s as stated.  It has been put forward that I change my nickname to metronome, but I prefer to be known as T Rex, blundering throught the undergrowth.

• Options

I do apologise Mr Rex, or  T Rex, blundering throught the undergrowth as you prefer to be known. image

Your times are remarkably consistent.

• Options

Metronomic-T-Rex

There's no harm in evolving Mr Rex

• Options
    I'm up for that Clairster I dont have to take holidays in the summer anymore so I will hopefully fit to do Osmotherley as long as you dont mind me tagging along
  • Options
    jees..too right t rex..you wouldn't be wanting to charge me with the task..the invisible pacer i'd be
  • Options

Hi all. Sounds like some great plans prior to SNOD 2010.

Sz - great report, sounds agruelling little monster. Fell race fields are often the best I run in, onlyb fairly serious runners enter. Only the sadistic/hard return. I was dead happy when I first made top half of one. Astounded when I made a few top 1/3rd finishes in run up to ACC and Snowdon.

I'm sure I've bashed on about this before, but did my first two AL's this year and first AS. AS was Burnsall classic (N.Yorks), 100+ year old run straight up 850' to flag on fell and an even more straight run down, all in 1.5m - one thats gotta be done! I then treated myself again the next day doing the Sedbergh hills (Yorks dales, but in Cumbria just across M6 from lakes), first AL 14.5m/6000' if I recall. Outstanding course on massive green hills, your up and down 1500' in first 4m and descents so steep, but grassy, that I just kept falling over. It was also an appauling, Snowdonesque day coupled with fog on high bits. Two to do! Hooked since then.

I'll have a more thorough read back about the marvellous events others are off to soon. I'm grounded till I can get a new car (RIP "trusty" Laguna). Will no doubt see you at Rombalds BN, will have to arrange to meet before/after, I did actually enjoy it, but a bit less snow required to hit my sub4 target. Will also see NG and Clairster at Wharfedale no doubt, don't forget its twin event (in that share part of route) the Trollers Trot, will do if I'm free in March.

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

CD - no, you're larger than life, my friend. 

It would be good to have a pre-SNOD meet-up at some ultra or other.  How about Marlborough Downs 33 in May?  Or is that too far south for people?

• Options
    I need to get my head around all this AL / AS  lingo and what it means
  • Options

You ready SZ ?

DEFINITION TWO : RACE CATEGORIES

A fell race is one run on fell, hill or mountain terrain and shall be categorised as follows :

Category “A”

a) Should average not less than 250' (76m) climb/mile (1.6k).

b) Should not have more than 20% of the race distance on road.

c) Should be at least one mile (1.6k) in length.

Category “B”

a) Should average not less than 125' (38m) climb/mile (1.6k).

b) Should not have more than 30% of the race distance on road.

Category “C”

a) Should average not less than 100' (30.4m) climb/mile (1.6k).

b) Should not have more than 40% of the race distance on road.

c) Should contain some genuine fell terrain.

DEFINITION THREE : RACE LENGTH CATEGORIES

a) A category “L” (long) race is twelve miles (19.3k) or over.

b) A category “M” (medium) race is six miles (9.6k) and over but under twelve (19.3k).

c) A category “S” (short) race is under six miles (9.6k

• Options
    Where were you T Rex? - Crystal SP!
  • Options

sp - decided about cateran trail yet? mostly waymarked. ro's a grand lass. dead helpful. two runs out in bonny scotland in 3 weeks cant be bad

are you legging it round latrill this sunday?

• Options

Never done lathkill race cd, but belting pub at the end at over haddon if  thinking of it. Always co-incides with roaches race (BL  SZ) which i've done for last few years. Having a total change this year and doing Conwy half marathon on sunday. Looking forward to it. Remembered, you're doing langley 7 aren't you ? Bottle of beer at the end again ?

Checking dates tonight and will get back to you. Fancy 6 dales sat week ?

• Options
    Anyone got any idea how i can enter the village bakery half in Wrexham in Feb, i just cannot find an entry site/form anywhere
  • Options

Fell racing...erm, sell it to me guys and gels. Sounds kind of exciting but painful! Would I need wellies?

TRex-point taken re. a pint being a pint image Anyway, lots more adventures to be had before worrying about sub 4hrs at Snod 2010. All these events going on that are a total mystery to me, I'm with you SZ-Ihavent got a clue what they are talking about.

Where's FF? I'm missing her

Brer

• Options

Awww Brer.....   here I am!!! lol!  

Biiiiigggg hugggs! xxx

• Options

Some of you naughty people will be the death of me with these new race suggestions. I was drooling over the Cataran 55 at lunch time today and wondering if I might be able to squeeze it into my schedule. I might just indulge, seeing as though I can't do the Highland Fling due to being enticed by some other naughty people to do the Devon 100 instead. There'll still be a spare weekend between Cataran 55 and the Heart of Scotland 100. Should be enough recovery time. It's only 55 after all. image  Oh, decisions, decisions. I feel greed taking the better of me again.Sorry about the demise of your car, D E.

I've managed to get a few sub 4s on Rombald's Stride, but not this year. Wasn't the modified route a bit longer? On top of that, the sliding around on the sheet ice in Menston added a bit of time. I was 20 minutes slower.

Talking of fell races, it looks as though I'll be doing my first (Dunnerdale) next weekend, since it's been suggested as an appetizer for the Vasque Runfurther party in the evening. I'm preparing to be thoroughly humiliated and possibly quite badly injured, if not externally, internally when my cardiovascular system explodes. I'm quaking in my boots.

• Options
    Don't ask me about the italics. I know nothing.
  • Options
    Yes I do. It could have been the square brackets I tried to use [like this].
  • Options
    No it wasn't. I still know nothing. I'll get me coat.
  • Options

I shall make you a pint of tea BN!!!  and whilst sipping it, maybe I can tempt you into a naughty little 10k in January image lol!