Half:

• Mr Tiggers
    • Mr Hornet Girl (tbc)
    • Curly45                    (Sub 1:45)

7.5K:

Supporters:

172 days 12 hours 41 minutes 55 seconds

• Options
    Still trying to book accommodation - the prices are extortionate, any suggestions from previous marathons? Need a little bit of luxury though if I'm going to do the 26.    
  • Options
    Curly45Curly45 ✭✭✭
    Prf - can we change that to 1:40 please - I think 1:45 would be on now based on the 10 mile time from Jan (which we know was undulating and a while ago so lets be a bit more stretching for October!) image
  • Options

H - what time did you do in Berlin? I loved the changing rooms there image I take it you ran the Zuidas on Sunday, turned a bit warm didn't it! Well done on your time though.

Still thinking about Amsterdam, looking more and more likely I will even if it is just to beat my Paris time last year and round the year off with a final PB - even if my only other marathon was nearly an ultra time image

• Options

Definitely up for pasta the night before and possibly a booze-up afterwards! image

Murph, here's a link to the info. re. the expo. It's open on Sunday so I presume they'll let you collect your chip then?

Marathon Market

Digger, I've been looking on Expedia for flights/hotels. It looks as though 3 nights in a 4 star will cost around £500 image Just as well I've done lots of overtime...

• Options

Hey Curly are you flying in from Stansted? EJ flights arrives at 6.30pm  so can share a cab to Expo to pick up no's.

PFR, please add me to list for full , aiming for GFA, so sub 3.15

Off for a 6 miles run by Thames todayimage

• Options
    Curly45Curly45 ✭✭✭
    Ah thats interesting - the half starts later than the full...thats a bit annoying!
  • Options
    Curly45Curly45 ✭✭✭
    Hey Murph - no we are flying from Luton...Stanstead is a pain to get to from Central London as you have to go out to Liverpool St, whereas Luton is St Pancras!
  • Options

Full:

• Tiggers Bouncing
    • The Hoose-Goer
    • Higs
    • Marathong
    • Hornet Girl (tbc)
    • parkrunfan              (Sub 3:00)
    • Neil Mac
    • David Ennis
    • Little Nemo            (Sub 5:00)
    • Digger                     (Sub 4:00)
    • H.
    • 'Sh@zza                  (Sub 3:00)
    • R Salter    
    • Murph1                    (Sub 3:15)

Half:

• Mr Tiggers
    • Mr Hornet Girl (tbc)
    • Curly45                    (Sub 1:40)

7.5K:

Supporters:

171 days 23 hours 52 minutes 40 seconds

• Options
    Ha ha, yes Dolly... it was the Zuidas. Too bloomin warm, esp after a few wines and very little water the night before. Did you do it too?

Berlin was a few years ago now. Think I did 4.04 or something. Wanted a sub 4 but, oh well.. You have to get yourself signed up for AMS though. It'll be worth it image

Oh and parkrunfan... I'm putting myself out there and I'm going to say sub 3.45. I managed that in Rotterdam so god help me I'll do it in Amsterdam too. Thought it may take a miracle!!
  • Options

Hi All
    Thought I would jump into this forum now I have entered Amsterdam after not achieving my goal at Paris for various reasons, but still improved my PB by 13 mins. Stick me down for sub 3:00 (fingers crossed).

LD

• Options
    HI H  - yes I did, my first competitive 10 miler, I managed 1:21:09, so a PB image  I did the Berlin half back in March which was very crowded but fun.
  • Options
    Brilliant Dolly! You beat me image Do you work at the WTC then? I probably saw you at some point...
  • Options

Hi. Another Paris runner here.
    I've entered Amsterdam and just wanted to say hi.
    There are a few familiar faces here - hello HG, Hoose, TD and others image
    I'm aiming for sub-3:30

• Options

Hi All

Can anyone recommend any hotels in Amsterdam fairly close to the stadium?

LD

• Options

H - I work for UPC but not the customer side, I am a Service Process Manager and work over in Schiphol Rijk on the far side of the airport. Most of our team stood near the back of the start so I may well have seen you at some stage image

Are you off tomorrow as it's Queen's Day? This will be my first one image

• Options
    Of course! I remember now. Brain like a sieve. Don't remember seeing a UPC team. Better that way than seeing the team from Akzo Nobel who I remember for continuously spit on me. I got some comfort from the fact that the worst offender was a guy with a wobbly womans ass image

Queen's Day! Will be chaos. No running that's for sure. Just been out on a boat for the afternoon which was lovely. Brunch at a friends and a party at another friends on the gracht. Any plans? You'll have a blast. We need to get together for a training run soon image

LD, there are a few options although the centre of town is not so far and might be a nicer place to be if you're stopping any longer than just the race. Close to the stadium;

http://www.parkplaza.com/hotels/netvonde
    http://www.qbichotels.com/qbic-hotel-amsterdam-netherlands/

I also keep hearing about this place. I know some marathoners have stayed before and have given good reviews;
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g188590-d672009-Reviews-Garden_View_bnb-Amsterdam_Noord_Holland.html
  • Options

No plans, although I have a few invites to drop in. I am just going to wander around and people watch and given what I have been told it should be a sight to be seen image Unfortunately for my sins I am also on call so can't enjoy things too much although given the reason for the day off not too many things will happen, if at all from what has been said about Queeens Day!!

On Sunday there were some runners who took off at the beginning as if they were doing the 7.5 and not 16.1. We didn't have a company team as such just a few people from UPC and Accenture to make up one and enjoy the day really.

Just let me know when you want to get together - I am down in the Pijp not far from Amstel station.

Enjoy tomorrow and the weekend image

• Options

Full:

• Tiggers Bouncing
    • The Hoose-Goer
    • Higs
    • Marathong
    • Hornet Girl (tbc)
    • parkrunfan                   (Sub 3:00)
    • Neil Mac
    • David Ennis
    • Little Nemo                   (Sub 5:00)
    • Digger                            (Sub 4:00)
    • H.                                    (Sub 3:45)
    • 'Sh@zza                         (Sub 3:00)
    • R Salter    
    • Murph1                           (Sub 3:15)
    • Lorry Dodger                 (Sub 3:00)
    • Rockhopper Penguin        (Sub 3:30)

Half:

• Mr Tiggers
    • Mr Hornet Girl (tbc)

7.5K:

Supporters:

170 days 14 hours 9 minutes 14 seconds

• Options

H.
    Thanks for the info on hotels, I think I might look for one nearer the centre.
    Planning to go for my first run tomorrow since VLM, as I am starting to get withdrawl syptomsimage

LD

• Options
    RS78RS78 ✭✭✭

Still haven't entered, will do. The only thing that slightly annoys me about this race is that people have said all the drinks are in cups. Running and then trying to drink out of a cup is aggravating to say the least. I mean even the Watford half had some bottles of Powerade even if the water was in cups. Hassle you don't need.

Are ALL the drinks in cups in this race, water and sports drink?

That said the races I've run where there have been cups I've actually done pretty well in so maybe I shouldn't worry about it. Everything else about the race, sounds and looks fantastic and exactly what I'm looking for.

• Options

I take a bottle belt with me and I've become quite skilled at pouring water from the cup into the bottle while still running! It means I can drink whenever I like as well. I'll be taking my own energy drink though as most of the ones I've tried are pants.

Had a lovely run this morning before 7. Nice and cool and with all the blossom falling it was like running through confetti! V. pleasant way to wake up, only did 2 and a bit miles, though.

Happy Bank Holiday weekend running everyone image

• Options

Booked a b&b near the stadium, now there's only the small matter of 5 months training.

Got soaked on a 10k last night, felt good after a few sunny outings.  

• Options

Hello can you please add us to the list me and my partner have just entered the marathon it will be his first ever marathon I  just did  London in 4.13 knocking 16mins off from last year so hoping to improve again in Amsterdam it will be my first time abroad racing its all very exciting.

Kazzy x

• Options
    parkrunfanparkrunfan ✭✭✭

Full:

• Tiggers Bouncing
    • The Hoose-Goer
    • Higs
    • Marathong
    • Hornet Girl (tbc)
    • Neil Mac
    • David Ennis
    • R Salter    
    • kazzy96                           (Sub 4:13)
    • kazzy96's OH                 (??????)

Half:

• Mr Tiggers
    • Mr Hornet Girl (tbc)

7.5K:

Supporters:

• Options
    JAPJAP ✭✭✭

Hey parkrunfan

Can't resist a list. I'll be there.

• Options
    parkrunfanparkrunfan ✭✭✭

We already had you pencilled in for a 2:30 JAP! image How many marathons exactly are you fitting in this year? You've already got 2 under the belt in the first four months.....

Full:

• Tiggers Bouncing
    • The Hoose-Goer
    • Higs
    • Marathong
    • Hornet Girl (tbc)
    • Neil Mac
    • David Ennis
    • R Salter    
    • kazzy96                           (Sub 4:13)
    • kazzy96's OH                 (??????)
    • JAP                                  (Sub 2:30)

Half:

• Mr Tiggers
    • Mr Hornet Girl (tbc)

7.5K:

Supporters:

• Options
    JAPJAP ✭✭✭

No pressure then image

Was meant to have been 3 by now, but had a few flight issues trying to get out to Boston, although it probably did me a favour not running 2 marathons in a week!
    Am running the South Downs marathon in June, but as a long hilly training run rather than racing it.
    Then it is just Amsterdam for the rest of the year.