Options

Calling all Virgin London Marathon 2010 hopefuls

Comments

• Options

rumour has it that our threads will start mid next week image really looking forward to it....

Thank god its Friday!!!!!!!

• Options
    just back from a run wrote (see)

rumour has it that our threads will start mid next week image really looking forward to it....

Thank god its Friday!!!!!!!

Monday I thought she said?
  • Options

Whaddaya mean excitement starting? I'm still cock-a-hoop! (what an odd phrase)

• Options

***passes round lumps of 400g toblerone***

It's in our training plans. 
    Well, it 's in mine, anywayimage

• Options
    Well done pix! That sounds like a brilliant run by you. I had a sports massage yesterday like you and have been told to have day off!
    Well done as well for trying all the lucozade products! You must be buzzing around now. No trainers for me yet, hopefully I will get them soon!
  • Options

None for me either, but then, I had to have giant flipper sized ones with extra sturdy 'motion control'.

I always knews my motions were out of controlimage.

Had a little plod in some other new shoes I bought and they were proper bouncy. Made me realised how worn out the last pair were.

Had some cadburys fruit & nut as post run recovery snack (not endorsed by lucozade nutritionist, people).

• Options

Oh and well done Pix. Have you had a sugar crash yet?

Sounds like an expensive morning too!! Am bracing myself and my bank balance for a trip there in the new year.

• Options

Haaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaa! I was just thinking about the ironing pile here. So high it's actually got snow on the top.

When you've finished yours, do you fancy a go at this lot?image

• Options

North face of the ironing conquered over here too.image  So much for chill-out day, Blouse spent the whole day battling with the shower with much effing floating out of the bathroom whilst I ran around doing domestics and mucking out chickens.  It's just one long glamorous treadmill, this super six thing, isn't it?

Nearly hugged postie when he turned up with the new running shoes though.  Relieved or what?  I've got the Bedford half tomorrow and the thought of doing it in the wrong shoes was causing serious wibbling.  I know 13 miles in new ones is a bad idea, but having seen that foot scan I was in a complete paddy about it.

• Options

Blooming well done on the run Piximage

I'd love to be a pirate, but can't swim.  I mean REALLY can't swim, I had my head pushed under the water by a swimming teacher when aged 7.  As an adult I took swimming lessons, was sort of ish doing okay as in plodding up and down in the shallow end feeling reasonably happy.  Then had more swimming lessons two years ago and it was the biggest mistake I ever made.  The teacher made me go on my back, despite me telling her I couldn't get vertical again from that position (you lose all your instincts if you don't learn as a child).  I ended up screaming the pool down, sobbing and running out of there and haven't been near a pool since.

It's a real shame, as thanks to running I have a kick that can get me half way across a pool, if only I had the courage to push off from the wall.

• Options

Morning

Pix that's really fab, well done

Right, off to play with my shiny new shoes in Bedford.  They're blue.....image

• Options

I'm no swimmer either Hash. Taught at a young age by father (national schoolboy champ, no lessimage) but can't be bothered with the hassle of it. Can't do front crawl succesfully at all. I'm very proud my 5 year old can swim nicely though...

There's a few duathlons (is that the right name?) around here and I did briefly consider that but bike is not sexy enough.

Good job Pix. Speed demon.

Not feeling any better but am still planning a run because I won't get out again until wednesday (too dark in the village at night)

Have fun in Beford Hash.

• Options

I expect Hash won and had to hang around for the presentation.

Fudge done - scrapes tasted nice image but I felt more texture was needed. To that end, we toasted some almonds and scattered a layer on the top. So that's screwed up the points...Ha!

Will let you know more when it's cooled down enough to guzzle properly.

Enjoy the duck and the xmas pud!!

• Options
    spinkletoes wrote (see)

I expect Hash won and had to hang around for the presentation.

Ha, as if!  I've been in the pub all afternoon stuffing myself with Christmas dinner - 18 of them staggered over to the next village and got drenched along the way.  I flew home from Bedford, had a shower, drove over there, had a yummy meal, after which a lovely local took pity on my non-functioning legs so gave me a lift home.  Blouse is still out there somewhere flogging over the fields, whilst I'm toasting my toes in front of the fireimage

It was a lovely race.  Cold as feck on the start tine, but a lovely scenic course, and by the time it rained at around  mile 9 I was warm enough to be grateful for it.  Saw loads of lovely Fetchies I haven't seen for ages, and the new shoes  were fab.  Odd though - support shoes are noticably different, I tried rolling in on them in the queue for the loo and they just won't let you. 
  • Options

Hello everyone,

Just a quick note to introduce myself to the forum and say that it was great to meet the Super 6 team last week and I’m looking forward to working with you all over the coming months.

As you know I’m here to support you with any advice you need on your nutritional and hydration strategies to help get the most out of your training and of course the London Marathon itself.

I’ll be picking up on your individual threads as soon as they are active but in the mean time keep up the good work!

Emma

• Options

Hiya all

Been a whole week since last in here! Sounds like you're all having fun test-driving the new goodies and stuff!

Running has been really good this past couple of weeks - beat my 2 pbs last week (5k and 10k) by chunks of time, and today's run was my fastest 8 miles by over 5 mins!! (76.30) - though I haven't trained at that exact distance for about 6 weeks ... I'm pretty sure that joining the running club has made the difference - the speed work with others there really pushes me forward.

Coach at club is bending my ear about leaving a marathon till 2011 (he said for the first two years or so in his opinion - advice he gives to all newer runners) and just concentrating on the shorter distances for next year ... not really what I want to hear in a way, but am enjoying breaking pbs left right and centre ... still haven't decided - still very tempted to start the training and see where it leads ... I'm also keen to try and raise some money via a marathon for the charity we support in Tanzania - so that's the counter argument... plus the challenge of it all!

Looking forward to the threads - especially yours hash since I'll be trying to  keep up with you in virtual training!!! This week???! hope so!

• Options

Morning all

Great going BB!  Coach is probably talking sense but please do the training anyway.  There are some lovely 20 mile races around March and it will be good to have your virtual company slogging through the snow and slush in February.  I'm doing a lousy sales job here, aren't I?image

It's today it all kicks off isn't it?  I'm dreading seeing me on that video - Linda Snell on speed.....

Right, work calling. Have good days, all

• Options
    Thought I'd log on at lunch time and see if the new threads are up!  Where are they?!!!
  • Options
    AndyVAndyV ✭✭✭
    We're in the dark as well Lou7?
  • Options

Mine got cazzed before it went up, the video will be replaced by something less awful.  A sumo wrestler with a BO problem in a mankini, for instance