Options

Chester Marathon 2010

Comments

• Options
    WeVWeV ✭✭✭
    Nerves have kicked in now and I am feeling really bloated and fat. Was thinking of going out for a 20 min jog this morning but decided against it. Have only ran 4.5 miles on Tuesday and then the same on Friday since doing 18 last Sunday. Will that be ok?

I have lots of niggles in my legs. They are not in my mind and are most definitely in my legs. Had them since doing London. Hopefully they wont cause too much of a problem tomorrow.

Hoping for somewhere between 3:44.59 and 3:59.59.

Good luck to everyone tomorrow. Don't all come past me at once.
  • Options

WeV - gosh 18 last Sunday is quite a lot... but yes if you've had a quiet week you should be OK.. definitely wouldn't have gone out today - although some people swear by a couple of gentle miles the day before..

I've had niggles since London too but I genuinely cannot tell if they are in my mind or my legs!

You are going for a similar time to me I see... if you fancy some company running I'll be in a purple Kirkstall Harriers vest, come say hello! I'm not always that chatty when running but I do like having someone to keep up with / vaguely run with. Anyway just a thought.

Got a good friend running Comrades in South Africa today and just been tracking him online - very exciting!!

• Options
    WeVWeV ✭✭✭
    Oops, sorry, I meant 10 last Sunday, it was 18 the week before. I'll blame the nerves.

I might be up for a bit of company if you fancy giving the 3:45 a go. I'll probably be wearing the red t-shirt you can see in my profile pic.

Best of luck to your friend.
  • Options
    Good luck Woody for tomorrow, hope it's cooler than Edinburgh!!
  • Options
    Really need to stretch my legs, the dog`s going for a walk whether she wants to or not!
  • Options
    Just managed 2 heavy-legged miles, during which I felt rubbish but now after stretching feel great!

This bloating from carbs/water combo is fairly un-nerving as a first timer - wife even noticed my legs being 'puffy'.....

More carbs today and then drive up from London this afternoon.

See you tomorrow
  • Options

Thanks Whitehead runner, forecast is not looking to bad but it's quite windy in the northwest at the moment.

The next race we meet the beers are on me, I was gutted when you were leaving to  find no one else had turned up yet I felt so rude for not inviting you over, I'm sure the guys who I had just met for the first time would have welcomed you. Sorry and thanks again. Woody

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    just a quick check more pasta for me soon
  • Options

Tom I know what you are feeling!  It does not go away even if you have done loads of mara. image  I feel full too, think some stretching is in order.

If you feel too waterlogged have a strong cup of real coffee, it helps offload some of the fluid. image

• Options
    wrexhamrobwrexhamrob ✭✭✭

morning all - mm must be time for more food ?

My dilema is whether to use my lovely new Saucony grid omni with lots of new support which ive walked in for last few days but no runs, to use them and risk blisters, but hopefully be better for my knee.
    or
    use my existing grid omni 500+miles and risk knee pain hindering the run & no blister risk .
    i think its ibuprofen & ice pack anyway image

I did a short 4miles ish on the course yesterday -easy gentle run , but wheras usualy the knee eased up , it felt a bit achy  4 or a scale of 10.

Just hoping its all taper madnesss,

Maybe its just marathon 13, but i have been good, been to church and prayed for everyone not just me.

• Options

Nice to read that some people havent run much since London marathon as ive only gone on a few runs in between and none in the last week due to a tight hamstring, so feel a little better.

I do most of my long runs on this course and people shouldnt worry as it is nice and flat... all the best!

• Options

morning all,

interesting reading about the course, looks narrow but may be a good thing early doors. (David) I've just turned 50 with a distant pb of 2:49, after high hopes of a 2:55 at the vlm (been registering halfs in and around 1:25) a cold a week before blew me away hence tackling this with a view to getting my gfa for next years london, cant say I'll race you from the off, as my thinking is safety first but I'll look out for you.

Good luck to everyone I'm heading down this afternoon to hopefully register tonight.

• Options
    Rob - typical man! Lack of forward planning in the shoe dept, I often get a new pair few months before, do 100 miles then put them away til marathon week!
  • Options
    No worries Woody, have a good one!!
  • Options

Oh Rob! I have to say personally I might go for the new ones, although it's a big risk with them not being broken in... and no matter how much you think to yourself "well blisters are only skin, it's nothing serious" they can REALLY hurt and slow you down when running, and if they get really bad then even if you try hard not to, you can end up running more on one side of the foot and mess your ankle up - that's what happened to me in Paris 2008, had the most horrendous blister from 10 miles and nothing I could do about it, was sooooo painful... my ankle was OK but hurt for about 2 weeks afterwards due to running on the outside of my foot, despite all my best efforts not to.

Only you can make that decision, sorry I'm not much help!

Getting really excited about tomorrow now. Need to eat more though... stomach been a bit funny for a couple of days now and not had much appetite so I'm just force-feeding myself as not really hungry, which is NOT like me at all! 

• Options
    wrexhamrobwrexhamrob ✭✭✭
    Yep Helen I bought the shoes 6-8 week ago, but. ..old shoes ok for 1 more run ! Grrr
  • Options
    WeVWeV ✭✭✭
    Hope this wind dies down.
  • Options

I'm going to say goodbye and good luck to you all in case I don't post again tonight.

GOODBYE!

GOOD LUCK!

See you all in the morning image

• Options

Oh no - one quick question actually - is there anywhere to leave bags?! My car key is quite heavy and I hate having to run with it so if I can leave a bag somewhere I won't have to lug that round on top of all my gels etc.

Can't believe I only just thought of this but haven't seen any mention of baggage place in the info sheet.... thanks!

• Options

Been to collect my number & spent the afternoon in Chester nice and sunny but very windy,tomorrow`s forcast seems to be less windy.

Time to chill, Good Luck to everybody competing tomorrow image.

• Options
    wrexhamrobwrexhamrob ✭✭✭
    Just had word with one of organisers- bags in the club or grandsstnd not sureabout security ,
  • Options
    Thanks so much rob,good to know.
  • Options

Good luck everyone and thanks for the prayers Wrexhamrob image

I have bit of a head ache and feel very tired early night is in order I think. image

• Options

Just popping in to wish everyone good luck for tomorrow.

I hope it all goes well for you. I will be spectating because of injury and I've ordered you good weather.

Feel free to thank me in the pub.image

• Options

I may , i may not image

you sneaky beaky

take care girl   MWAH xx

• Options

See you all tomorrow, I'm 4lbs heavier than I was 72 hours ago rofl... so think I'm carbed lol

Cheers Pugimage

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

I went to register earlier, looks like a great finish in front of the grandstand.  Getting nervous now.image

• Options
    Last post before I get an early night. Feel like I have over done it on the carbs - everything ready for the morning, just need to set my alarm. Ho[e you are all well rested & ready for kick-off tomorrow. Really looking forward to it. Good luck everybody.  Sleep tight - looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow - bright eyed & bushy-tailed!!!image 
  • Options

oh well

this is it

i'm bringing some Loperamide with me - they do the oposite to Laxativeimage

i'm more worried about getting up and driving than running

if the run goes wrong who gives a stuff

• Options

Was great to meet those who registered tonight.

Hope you are all tucked up in bed

Have a great race & will be cheering you all in tomorrow.