Options

Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Lucy (sub-5:30)

Comments

• Options

Hot off the press!!

Have just received January's training plan from the Boss. Will outline it tomorrow.image

• Options

Hi Lucy

Happy new year !

I hope you received Januarys training programme via email, Please let me know if you want me to make any amendments !

Like I keep saying, its got to work for you!

So, 6th January its all systems go !

Bungay 10k in Feb is a good call, I will put it in my diary to come over and give you some morale support, plus good opportunly to have a catch up

Cheers

Paul image

• Options

Hi Boss,

Thanks for the plans. Yup - all systems go. Plans look great!

The Black Dogs will be pleased to see you, I'm sureimage

Lucy.

• Options

Oh and I forgot to say:

Happy New Year ! image

• Options

I'm not making any resolutions public either, but they involve sleeping better and celebrating the good stuff not hand-wringing over what I've cocked up

So no major changes there thenimage

• Options
    Look forward to seeing it Lucy - happy new year to you and good luck!
  • Options

So, this week, I will mostly be:

Monday - rest

Tuesday - rest

Wednesday - 2m

Thursday - 3m slow or rest

Friday - 6m run/walk

Saturday - rest

Sunday - 3m slow

total = 14 m

I'll not post times for the time being. Am also going to try and squeeze a pilates class in on a thursday and, of course, a couple of miles walking the pooch every day.

It's been juggled about because of my working pattern - the village is too dark with narrow windy road to contemplate running at night.

Am also considering some parkruns in the next couple of weeks.

• Options
    Pixie - do you belong to a running club?
  • Options

thanks for posting the first week's plan spinks.  are you always planning on friday for your long runs?  that's the day i have earmarked for them too !  i'm hoping to get some swimming in on one day a week too, tho i do remember saying that last year and only went once image

• Options

Yup - Friday is Long Run Day.

Because:

I am so slow I found the long runs were taking so, errr, long and cutting out a big chunk of the weekend. Mr Spinkle (a complete darling in so many ways) also wants to fit in football. Now baby spinkle is at school all day the weekend is the only time I get to spend with him.  So this time I'm keeping the weekends light.  Hope it works out...

I'm glad you've done the same that way we can both spend the weekend feeling extremely smug when everybody is out there...

Am planning some parkruns out Gorleston way on a few Saturday mornings too.

Pix- even with a head torch it'd be too dodgy - just don't fancy it. So yes, Mondays and Tuesdays will always be rest days (except for the inconvenient  work thing I have to do those days).

• Options

Hi Lucy,

Glad you are happy with the Plan !

The park runs will be a good call, if you do decide to run (Saturday Mornings !) which is suppose to be your rest day! just take Sunday off instead !

Is your cold completely gone now ?

Try to do as much as you can off road!

Cheers

Paulimage

• Options
    Lucy - you look like you've got things sorted with the family and weekends and your training so here's a good luck wish to speed you on your way from Monday onwards. Hope it goes well and I look forward to catching up with you at the training day in Feb
  • Options

Bar order? Crikey, that's a bit previous, innit?

I don't do the drink thing at all, I'm afraid. Makes me image.

Pix, I nominate you to neck as much as you can on my behalf.

I'm hoping this 'ere pubic house can provide a decent cuppa.

Does this make me sad?

Nah, don't answer that...

• Options

Good job there's a hasher on the team to neck the beers for both of  you thenimage

I don't think it matters whether we're drinking tea, beer or diet coke, it will taste like champagne.  Walking backwards down the stairs to the loo, we'll all know we've made it!

• Options

Well, I just hope I do make it down the stairs, or there will be a puddle...Mind you, couldn't wee for aaaages after Edinburgh. (very little water on the course for us slowies at the back).

Been out for 3m. Couple of inches of snow here so hit trail/fields. Was going OK (if very very slowly) for a couple of miles then fell face first into muddy snowy hole. That was cold!!! Turned off garmin at same time, somehow, so have no idea of time but do know it was 3m as I did 1.5m and turned for home.

I told Mr Spinkle I was going out for a cheeky 2m and would be back in half hour tops. He, baby spinkle and canine spinkle started a search party which I met at the top of the village. We then did a few more fields with the dog with me running and doubling back now and again (too cold to walk!).

You're right Hash - you are a vital part of post race marathon celebrations. So now you have to drink for me and Pix, as well as yourself.

It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it...

• Options

Hi Lucy

try not to injure yourself before we even get started, (ha ha) seriously are you OK !

weather forecast not looking to good over the next few days, be carful ! try to say off road !

Cheers

Paulimage

• Options

Having analysed data from the garmin I can pin point the exact moment I fell down the hole on the graph it lovingly produced for me.

Only pride dented, no injuries image

Thanks Paul - weather looks rubbish in the next few days so may be forced to get back on that trail. Will watch out for the hole thoughimage

• Options

take care spinks - if it's anything like here it's treacherous !!  took the dogs for a walk along one of my run routes earlier and i was skating all over the place image  i have hired a treddie so that i can use that if the roads are bad (like they were last year...)

catch up tomorrow - hopefully i should have started my plan!!

xx

• Options

Well done Spinks.  But weren't you supposed to be starting on Monday?

Went out and ran for 26 minutes myself.  Aimed for 20 and kept going a bit.  Just off to do a couple of cat visits (would have been a bit earlier, but watched Doctor Who: behind as no time for watching on Chrissie day so only saw part one on IPlayer last night.)

I'm hoping to 40 minutes or so, then 60 minutes later in the week.

• Options

Your plan looks good spinkle and doable too.

Keep up the good work ....& watch where your'e going!image

• Options

She's only 12" tall and just jumps/flies over holes and she's always way way ahead of me.

The hole that got me today was just a wee pothole - I turned my ankle on it on the way out and fell over 'in' it after I doubled back. Only problem is it's in the middle of a big field with nothing around it to pinpoint it. It's out to get me. it's war.

Just bought some trail shoes for some extra confidence. It'll not get me again!!

I have been known to trip over my own feet on a completely flat surface.

I shouldn't really be allowed out. image

• Options

Little holes can be nasty...

I find standing on one foot while toothbrushing has improved my balance!

• Options

Ah, the curse of the stray bottles.... that's when I really have to concentrate. Will need some training in Feb.

Mind you, better than dodgy Geordie scallywags hellbent on squirting water at you at the GNR. One was particularly surprised when I unleashed my entire projected teacher shouty voice at him. His jaw hit the floor. Mind you, I did use the most awful profanitiesimage Not my proudest moment.

Will try the standing on one foot whilst toothbrushing, Rowan, Genius!!

Hi Gin - missed your post. How are you? the knees?