Options

Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Lucy (sub-5:30)

Comments

• Options

I wonder, did you weaken Hash?

I'm sure we're not supposed to be advertising Fetch on here, in any case.

Right, I'm on a countdown  - one week today and we're ALL SYSTEMS GO *hops excitedly from foot to foot*

So, today in preparation........

We're off to CB for the day.

• Options

Double eek.  It's really really real this, isn't it? 

We'll be fab.  All of us.  This pre-training period is just the taper reversed, hence all the niggles and coughs and colds.  Once we get going we'll be storming along and there will be no stopping us.

I suppose there's no chance of converting the rest of you?image  It really helps the miles go past on the LSRs when three hours of music gets too much. 

• Options
    I can't even run with music for one hour never mind 3 or more.  I look at the wildlife and peoples gardens and frollocking lambs etc.  Music makes me really slow and I find it hard to concentrate on what I am doing
  • Options

Cambridge, Pix.

A fine fine cityimage

Heard there's a double page spread in the magazine..... Mine hasn't arrived!! Hope the double page spread has not featured my middle aged spread or double chins.

Too late to worry about it nowimage

Sorry, Hash, you cannot convert me to the Archers. I know what you mean about too much music though - I got Dara O'Briain for when I need a giggle. I think I'm going to need War and Peace  for some of my long runs though.

• Options

Phoned home and established mine hasn't arrived either

I did wonder if CB was Cambridge.  I love the place - at least one of my LSRs will be an A to B there, via Grantchester Meadows.  Seeing the city appear on the horizon whilst running along the riverbank is just lovely. As is the well-earned credit card bashing at the end of it

• Options

No, only  visiting my Ma - haven't managed any retail therapy there in years. Sadly.

I used to work in Heffers bookshop, you know.

I love the idea of running to it  - tick, getting LSR done - tick, spending money after - triple tick!!! You've got it sussed - haven't you? To think I just schlep around a few villages... I need some more imagination!!

• Options

Hi Lucy

Thanks for the email,more than happy with your little twicks, after all this programme has to work for you and fit in with your busy life, are you happy with my comments and suggestions, if so looks like we have cracked it ! 6th January let battle comence (only joking!) it will be a breeze !

the only thing we have not discussed is your race programme,would rather you spend January following the training!  but something to think about!

Exciting times!image

• Options

Hi Bossimage

Funnily enough I was just gonna email you about that.

My 'race programme' so far consists of Bungay 10k (alongside the 20k) on Feb 21st and Dorney Lakes Lucozade half marathon thingy on March 28th. But I did think of doing some parkruns (5k) at Gorleston on a few Saturdays too. Will scout about for someting else perhaps?

• Options

oh and yes -

Quite happy with the suggestions, made perfect sense to me!!

• Options

Hi Lucy,

Not long until January and you can start training! Sorry to hear you haven't been able to do too much because of illness. Once you have done a few runs I'll give you another call so was can talk about some 'strategies'.

Hope you are well enough to celebrate new year!

• Options

Hello Gareth,

Not about 4th/5th January but will be home after that to discuss 'strategies' (that is, if I'm not too busy runningimage). Nearly fought the illnes off now and can't wait to get going!

Don't drink alcohol and can't stay awake much beyond 9.30pm  image so New Year is a bit wasted on me. But you can party on my behalf...

• Options

I'm not exactly a party animal either.  Don't be fooled by the time of this posting, this is after nodding off in front of the telly for a couple of hours as per usual.   If only I could sleep at 3am the way I can at 10pm.

Some friends are going to text us at about 11pm tomorrow so that we can manoeuvre Blouse down the road in time for us to raise a glass to the new year.   Hopefully the noise of the phone going will wake us up!

• Options
    The Evil Pixie wrote (see)

I shall have a drink though 'cos as of Monday I'm not drinking until VLM well apart from my birthday (I'll be driving on hubby's so probably not drinking then!)

Bliddy hell - really???image
  • Options

Well, I'm not swearing off the grog, 'cos I don't but I'm not having another curry takeaway until April 26th. image

Ooooh, just heard something come through the letter box. Could be mag *scampers off*

• Options
    AndyVAndyV ✭✭✭
    Happy new year to you and best of british for VLM (and life generally) in 2010!
  • Options

I'm not currently swearing off anything.  I am a little sick of sweet stuff right now and craving healthy food !

Catsitting madness is receeding a little, so I should really get some running in before the dogs start needing walking again in the New Year... But at the moment I just feel like veging or cleaning at home any spare moments.

Hope people don't mind me being off topic... the 'kitten' I picked up a couple of nights ago on the street is still here.  She's been to vet to be scanned for a microchip (she doesn't have one).  They say she's older than I thought: actually 8 to 12 months.  Though it's too early to say for sure she's also possibly about 2-3 weeks pregnant.  If she is I guess that's probably how long she's been missing from her old home!

One of the reasons I was madly clearing my flat before Christmas is I was hoping to foster cats for a rescue, and was hoping to have a cat and kittens to foster (getting ready for clients bringing their animals was a good way of getting myself to get down to something that needed doing anyway really!)  Looks like I might be getting my wish in an unexpected way, unless a caring owner mysteriously turns up!  And a good reason to get my bedroom sorted as well!

I'm not sure if it's really to late for her to be spayed... difficult one that, and will have to be discussed when I visit the vet for a full check in a few days if she's still here.  I guess that's the equivalent of 2-3 months for a human (cats have a 9 week pregnancy), so still within the limit that would be allowed for humans?

She's getting on with the rabbit pretty well.  I'm keeping her in the hallway when I'm out and at night (rabbit's cage is too big to go anywhere but my livingroom), but when she's let into the livingroom the first thing she does is go over to the rabbit and they touch noses!

• Options

Aw.... what a lovely image Rowan I'm so glad she's landed on her paws and found you.  All the very best for the New Year.

I know what you mean Pix, I'd love to invite our chickens in from the cold and give them a cuddle, although they wouldn't appreciate it, and neither would our cream carpet!

• Options

Right back atchaimage

Rowan - somehow, I think you may well be that cat's xmas present.... Hope all is settled soon for her and you. I'm not a cat fan myself (horribly allergic to them) but I can see the appeal. Currently I have a hormonal pup to contend withimage She's off for the op soon....

Been to the pictures to see Sherlock Holmes. Which was surprisingly good, if a little too Guy Ritchie in places. Left baby spinkle with Gran and went out. Lovely. Good old Gran.

Have a great one all and I'll see you in the new decade!!

• Options
    Hugs and Happy New Year Spinkletoes
  • Options
    Morning, happy new decadeimage
  • Options

Wow!!

It's 2010. A whole new decade. An exciting year ahead.....

I'm not daft enough to make any resolutions public. Suffice to say, well, lower numbers on the scale and race times would be good.

Currently we're trying to persuade a tooth from my son's mouth, which is hanging by a threadimage to come out. It's been flapping away fo the last 2 weeks.

• Options

Happy New Year image