Options

Talkback: Lucozade Sport Super Six: Lucy (sub-5:30)

Comments

• Options

LOL rowan.  image  reminds me of when i packed no.1's swimming bag for swimming at school.  he wasn't best pleased when he got home - turns out instead of his black swim trunks, i'd put a pair of my black knickers in image

glad its not glandular fever spinks - take it easy now, like paul said, this is the best time to have an enforced break.  love the sound of the groggy doggy - not heard of that one before.  i used to run with one of my dogs - reckon he'd love it.....

have just got back from collecting the turkey from the farm.  it's sitting on top of the fridge, and the dogs are looking longingly at it.....

probably won't be in here much over christmas - so i hope everyone has a happy and peaceful time and that the jolly red man brings what you have hoped for

HAPPY CHRISTMAS XX

• Options

Black knickers LOL!

Hope you are feeling better spinkle - having your mentor pop in here hopefully means you will do as you are told(!) & get well soon. At least having a mara under your belt has given you the training experience and you know how it can pull you down if not careful.

Also know what you mean about the 'faff'!

Snow very slowly melting here although roads/paths are still very slippy. Walked down to my local M&S yest - only about 1.75 miles and it took me nearly an hour to get there trudging through all the snow/ice etc- good cross training!

Have a good one!

• Options
    Hashette wrote (see)
    Actually that pictures's a bit crap.  They're a tube so great to wear around the neck

Didn't they used to be called' snoods'? I had a fluorescent pink one back in the 80's (imageshows age) Will look into one of those.

Well, Rowan, I do hope the knickers were at least clean! I actually snorted tea down my nose when I read that. I thought it was only me that did that sort of thing... Went to work and couldn't figure what the lump in my trouser leg was. Eventually worked it's way down and popped out at my ankle - rolled up tights... Have also left the house with a coat hanger hanging off my belt (thanks to the small child).

Pud - dogs are optional but no dog means 2 laps round the common (5m)!! I would definitely recommend any race by Bungay Black Dogs - always well run and friendly. There's a fab 10/20k in February if you're interested (just 2 legged creatures for that one). Your poor son....Mum's knickers and no trunks!! Personally, I cannot wait to embarass my son in his teenage years - all those public tantrums he threw have comeback, you knowimage I'm a bad mummy.

Gin - 'do as I am told' ha ha. You know me too well image Hope you got the M&S goodies in though - worth trudging for!!

Snow/ice thawing nicely now but chest still dodgy and I sound like an accordian when I breathe. Hoping I could be OK enough for modest trot on Boxing day.

Well, I must away to do something with some sort of innards of some poor creature. Have a good one all.

Gawd bless us! everyone of us!!

• Options

Well, I s'pose I better post something.

Chest went from bad to worse and breathing has been an issueimage Managed to cope Xmas day, but was OK to keep resting and parking on the sofa wheezing quietly. Am feeling a lot better today and have made plans for a plod tomorrow but I shall be taking it very easy. Very easy. I have no idea what got me but that's it now, I'm not at home to Mr Illness anymore. I need 16 weeks clear and am considering wearing a surgical mask all of April . Am stocking up on alcohol hand gel too.

Santa was very kind image and I got away without any 'Mum' presents (scarves, handcream etc).

• Options

Hi Lucy

I hope you had a good Christmas and you are slowly getting over your problems, did you go over to Bungay on Saturday for the Goggy Doggy, I did not go as I managed to get tickets for the Norwich Game

I am please to report that Automatic promotion is looking good  !

Seriously, hows the back ?

Keep me posted !

• Options

Hi Boss!

Didn't make Bungay as husband went to Kirkley to watch footballimage. Wasn't up to running anyway but beginning to feel more like it and plan to have a little run tomorrow.

One of our friends went to the Milwall game and said Norwich had nothing to worry about. Husband is wondering if they'll sell Wes Hoolihan in the transfer window...

My back is fine - never better - but lungs have had a battering from the world's longest cold so am going to go back to docs if there's no improvement tomorrow.

That's about it really. Nothing to report!!

Hi Pix - nice to see you backimage

• Options
    Wot Pix said.  This has knocked you sideways for far too long
  • Options

Feeling a lot better today and not going to the docs - I think I've fought off the infection myself so there's not a lot they can give me. Still coughing a bit but....

I've been out for a little run!!!!image

OK only a mile and a half and no speed records broken but still. First 5 minutes were awful but it got easier. Liked the new adidas shoes too.

I think I'm back, baby!!!

Not going to run tomorrow because I don't want to push my luck, but I feel so much better for it.

*does happy dance*

• Options
    hey, well done for the run..do take it easy though and take it one step at a time. :0)
  • Options
    Fabby, so glad you're feeling better xx
  • Options

Well. have tweaked the schedule and took a couple of speed sessions out - can't quite make them fit with working/resting/racing. Will run it past Paul when I've put it on a document and check it's OK with him. I've had to change my long run day and the tuesday. Think I've managed to put it onto the garmin now - will find out on 6th Jan (my official day as I can't do anything 4th) when I'm assuming I turn it on and it instructs me appropriately.

Brain now hurty from all that thinking....

• Options

Well done!

Things are getting a little less mad here.  Only 6 cat visits tomorrow (down from 15).  And I'm no longer on painkillers constantly for the back (though it's not 100%).

On the other hand I've found a kitten.  She's currently in the hallway being scared of the rabbit (which is bigger than her by quite a bit).  Have put notices up just in case someone is missing her.

• Options
    you've put it in ya Garmin and everything! i wouldn't know how to do that! there's no stopping you now....
  • Options

Just waiting on the OK from Paul re changes and I'm ready and raring to go!! Sort of...

Work Mondays and Tuesdays and can't train those days (village roads narrow and we have all of 5 streetlights!), lunchtime (ha!what lunchtime?) not long enough so have had to re-jig stuff a bit - only move it around, not cut any out!!

• Options

Mmm, have fun. Mr Spinkle is about to do same with baby spinkle.  I'll go along but swimming not my thing really but can do lovely watching (knittingimage).

Have treated myself to a lovely red Fetch buff but Mr Spinkle is worried I might look like a 'metal head' and embarass him.

Order me 10!!

• Options

Lol love it. 

How about telling Mr Spinkle that you're thinking of doing a tri next, and ordering some pirate kit?

• Options

X-post (another inconsiderate sod phoned), I was laughing at Mr Spinks' reaction to the fetch buff not the swimming suggestion

• Options

Mmmm should have done same - baby spinkle always nicks my fab gear.

Lungs operating nicely nowimage. Forgotten what that felt like!!

• Options

Woohooimage  Really glad to hear it.  

I've got a black Fetch buff.  I don't need a red one...... 

Help, my credit card is doing warm-up exercises