Options

Mersey Tunnel 10K

Comments

• Options

Deffo not me Shrek I did think the guy's face was a picture though!!! 

And I have to agree there were more than a few there early doors such as the 4 ladies who decided to start walking in a line just before the 1k mark !!! I wish a bit of common sense would prevail occassionally

• Options
    Mr PuffyMr Puffy ✭✭✭

Well done everybody, it was a great race to watch.  I met LB and Mrs Puffy did a PB,what's not to like?

Puffy Junior tokk about 300 photos and I'll put them on Flickr later.

• Options
    It was good to see you Puffy!
  • Options
    Anybody know if you can find your tag time on line?
  • Options
    isn't it tdl.co.uk?image
  • Options

Sorry if I i ignored you LB - it wasn't intentional - just trying to to enure all things ran soothly around the course and especially at the finish ... head was focused.

As for Alan, he's probably asleep now... if only you know just how many hours he puts in during a race build up.  He'll no doubt put in an appearance here tomorrow and give a response or two.

He was most dissapointed not to have seen the nudie lady at the start - I did ask him if he wanted to go hang around that area tonight, but Yvonne pulled a funny face which put him off the idea! imageimage

• Options

You wouldn't have known who I was anyway Derek - don't worry! image

And I thought you did a good job today!

• Options

Well done Alan on another great race.

It was good to meet Shrek and Kerry at the start and I am glad you both had a good race. NIce to have the flashing show, but not so nice was someone in the flats throwing big water baloons into some of the crowd.

I was running with Louise, a blind lady, who I must say ran a very good race. We made it in 1.02.40. The biggest complaint I had was ipods. People where very considerate and moved out of the way as I shouted 'excuse me' to let us through, but one girl was totally oblivious and made it difficult to get past as she must have had her ipod on really loud not to hear me. I'm not that quiet.

A big thank you to all who did move over for us.

LB - you should have come over or called over to me. Yvonne was going to give me a medal and I told her no, that you were handing them out and it would be nice to say hello to you.

• Options
    Great race, well organised, hope to be back next year,I parked in New Brighton and then got the train to the start, was it just me or did the escalator at Moorfields mess with my brain, It was weird going up and then just before getting to the top. Well done to everyone - organisers and runners/walkers
  • Options

I'm not keen on the escalators at Moorfields either Doberman.... They always make me feel dizzy.....

Did anyone clock the two elderly couples who were fully decked out in proper walking gear, including hiking boots? I know there's a steep incline coming out of the tunnel, but it's not that steep! Upon seeing them, I heard somebody who I was stood with at the start ask "They do have roads on the Wirral, don't they?"

• Options
    lfc runner wrote (see)

LB - you should have come over or called over to me.

I did call out to you LFC but it was obvious that you were guiding Louise and I didn't want to disturb you. I must say I was a little disappointed at the number of people wearing Ipods too. I like to shout encouragement and those with little plugs in their ears blank you as if you aren't there.image

I don't really want to reignite the Ipod debate but PLEASE don't wear them in races. You DON'T need music for a 10k - its not like you're going to be out there on your own for 8 hours is it?

Just come back from Chester Marathon. Its going to be a hot one for them today. Good luck Puffy! Hope you don't suffer too much! image

• Options

Hi

my 15 yr old son participated in the mersey tunnel 10k yesterday it was his 1st ever race and finished at  63 mins 15 secs  was so pleased as he is diabetic!  it was lovely to watch ! am just wondering if anyone could please point me in the right direction as apparently there were photos taken of him and we are not sure were to look for them my camera decided not to work!! he now has the bug and is aiming for 5k in aug and another 10k in october

many thanks

vicky

• Options

Hi Vicky

Pass on my good wishes to your son for a excellent  time for his first  10k  race  well done

regarding photos have a look on http://www.tonyclixby.com  loads of pics  you will just have to scroll through

each page  till you spot your son 

Cheers 

Graham

• Options

Hi Graham

many thanks i have to say i am one proud mum at the moment

Vicky

• Options

LB

I saw someone wearing a Salford Utd top and when I shouted Love the Glazers Hate UTd he just blanked me.

No sense of humour   image

• Options
    Slowfoot - I would have LOVED to have seen that! image
  • Options

LB

His face was a picture as it took him a couple of seconds to take in what I had said.

Bit slow those salford Utd fans

• Options

Vicky - your Son did brillaintly - you must be very proud of him.

Re : I Pods etc - No I am not going to re ignite the whole thing but I sometimes wear mine on low in a race and sometimes not at all - My feeling is that it's OK but just don't have them on loud and definatley turn them off at the end and soak up the atmosphere & crowd support.

Anyway - I am off on my camping trip tomorrow so Ii will actch up on my return - bye for now

• Options

LFC - there's a pic of you and Louise on the Liverpool Echo website - click on the link below and you're the last photo of the nine on there, just after Spiderman!

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/local-news/2010/05/31/thousands-take-part-in-mersey-tunnel-10k-100252-26554376/

Just thought I'd let you know.....

• Options
    Thanks Matt. Nice to be in the papers for something good.image
  • Options
    Typical, a bit of nudie lady flashing and I'm facing the other way with the missus looking less than impressed (she was looking the right, er, wrong way). Was there a race as well??image
  • Options
    Apparently. But, back to the lady flashing ......image
  • Options

LFC - You are on the video (yes video) as well - go to the event website & follow the link. You go past at around the 56 mins mark. Couldn't see Kerry sorry but I rolled past at 22 mins. Very predictable music but everyone loves the Beetles

• Options

Hi everyone - I don't usually post on the forum but I just HAVE to say a big RESPECT to LFC runner for helping Louise yesterday.  Saw the pic on the Echo website - I hope she enjoyed the race as much as the rest of us.  Well done everyone I just love this race!

• Options

Wing Attack - thank you very much, but it is Louise who deserves the respect. I just had to run. She came to a strange city, met up with a strange person and run with that person just trusting they are taking you the right way. She said that she really enjoyed the race and was a bit upset that she was just outside her PB.

• Options

Hi - just wanted to say that the tunnel was my first 10k and I had a fab time. I've just got back into running now my kids are getting a bit older (age 8 & 11) and with the encouragement of my wonderful friend, Neil, am now back on the road - and lovin it !!  The race was really well organised and i enjoyed every minute. I did it in 1hr 9min, which I can now work on improving for next year !!image

• Options

I've got a photo of you too LFC but its not quite as good as the one in the paper. I will send it to you when I download them!

I've actually got a BETTER one of the winner than the Echo has...image

• Options
    Aaaaahhhh... Rip Van Winkle here! Just woke up and I believe everything went well!! Congratulations to everyone who took part. Everything went well from my side apart from some nonsense at Spital Station and some officious ticket collectors.

Police / Tunnels were happy with the day and so was I!!

Thank you for your generous comments on the Forum.

I need to find out about the flasher as Yvonne went missing for a short while just before the start... mmmm....

Alan
  • Options
    Where's everyone gone...
  • Options
    We're out looking for the flasher.