Mersey Tunnel 10K

Comments

• Thanks Alan.  I would much rather be pleasantly suprised, image

• MS7 - When I ran it last year, I was surprised that the incline wasn't as steep as I thought. Now if Alan can just turn the heat down this year, I mean, that sun was just too hot last year. If you don't turn the sun down this year, I will just have to write to my MP (just read about the water complaint for the half).
  • AS ever, I'll see what I can do. Can't promise.

Alan
  • I was a first timer in the tunnel last year too and the incline wasn't that bad, but the run along the promenade was a killer in the sun.

(I think I was a delicate shade of puce by the finish line image )

But still improved on my PB from the Manchester 10k two weeks earlier.

Will hopefully be there again, but just need to see how manic work is, it's a great race image
  • Just entered this one. I seen the pics in the Run Liverpool mag and thought it was a must do race and 2 weeks after the Manchester 10k is great timing.

Kerry
  • L/B - well maybee not 35 degrees but all I know is it was flippin swealtering but the tunnell provided some nice shade along the way.

Just had 2 weeks off running and hit the treadmill last night to do a 10k and was a little dissapointed - 1 hour 2 mins so I need to get back into it big time as I have 2 x 10k's in May and have to get under 55 mins this year.

• Hi folks,

I have only had a brief look at this one and I really fancy it, but how do you get from the finish back to your car ? ...... is anything laid on or is there any other option besides taking 2 cars ??

Can anybody tell me please

• You can get back on the train. I think I am right that runners get free merseyrail travel back.
  • Runners can return to Liverpol free of charge on Merseyrail from New Brighton.

All event details are in the race pack you receive upon entering 

Alan Rothwell

• Last year I parked in Liverpool city centre - this year I may park in New Brighton and train to the start - Alan is it free to do it this way as well ?

Also - just an idea at the moment but I may bring the family & the tent along image

Anyone know a good campsite in / near New Brighton ?

• Not aware of a campsite in New Brighton.
  • Shrek ! wrote (see)

Last year I parked in Liverpool city centre - this year I may park in New Brighton and train to the start - Alan is it free to do it this way as well ?

Also - just an idea at the moment but I may bring the family & the tent along image

Anyone know a good campsite in / near New Brighton ?

Nearest good campsite to New Brighton would be outside Wrexham!!.

I wouldnt want to camp anywhere New Brighton image

• Alan / Jpenno - thanks for that info. I think I will just drive as I did last year - I only live in Shrewsbury so not too far for a morning out but the camping was justa  thaught.
  • Have now decided to travel up for the day in the car and go camping in mid Wales the following day - hope the weather is good. First time camping since I was about 10 !!image
  • Camping!  You would never catch me in a tent..... Hang on a sec 12 months ago I stated that you would never catch me entering a running event!!!!  Any information on the best place to buy a tent then?

• going to enter this one looks like a goog race!!!

• It is! but I would say that...

Alan
  • Robert it is a very good race, definitely one you should try at least once.

• RG - I'd say it too, except I'd say it's a good race.
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    can i sign up on the day like many did last year?
  • I don't recall people signing up on the day at any runliverpool event.....image
  • Chris Hagan wrote (see)

Camping!  You would never catch me in a tent..... Hang on a sec 12 months ago I stated that you would never catch me entering a running event!!!!  Any information on the best place to buy a tent then?

Yes Chris - we went to Go Outdoors in Wolverhampton late summer to grab a bargain - last years model with 75% off !! weve only had it up once in the back garden to date so should be fun.

Robert - I agree - this is a superb race & one I am looking forward to but 2old - not sure if you are able to enter on the day - Alan will advise you best on this one but like LB I can't recall seeing people last year entering on the day - to be sure I would enter on line

• LIVERBIRD wrote (see)
    I don't recall people signing up on the day at any runliverpool event.....image
    LB - in the past when the Liverpool events were not full you could sign up on the day IF there were spaces, usually for the 10k run in October
  • Officially NO ENTRIES ON THE DAY! They are only available IF we have timing chips / numbers available and this can't be guaranteed in advance. There is plenty of time to enter now.

Alan
  • Getting excited about May now. I have 3 races in the month !

Haughmond Handicap on 3rd - 9 mile local race

Muller 10k on 9th - Loads of freebies I hope !

And

Saving the best to last - Mersey 10K on 31st - I would foloow Alans advise & book a plave on line to guarantee entry - also Alan - are there going to be more toilets this year ? Had to que for ages last year & gave up in the end and went in the tunnel image

• Shrek - as witnessed at the Brighton Marathon last Sunday, you can never have enough toilets! If you had a wee in the Tunnel (!!) you would have had an audience on CCTV!!!!
  • 2Old2Old ✭✭✭

Ok Alan dont shout I will apply ,should be ok after London by then.

I drove through the tunnel earlier in the week and measured the hill up on my speedo and it was at least 0.8 of a mile.......seemed shorter when running it and it was cool in  there unlike the run along the never ending prom last year.

• It won't be cool if Shrek is piddling in it! image

Can't sign up until I can get my hip to settle down. Bursitis is a proper pain in the bum. Anyone know a good fizz?image

• 2Old2Old ✭✭✭
    Liverbird-thats why we dont drink straight from the river. Consider another treatment-my other half had your problem and after an injection  two months ago by a consultant orthopod it was gone .Hope you recover soon