Options

Support Group 10

Comments

• Options
    I've emailed you re Friday night image And don't be surprised if you get a FB request too.
  • Options
    Tickled Pink wrote (see)
    I've emailed you re Friday night image And don't be surprised if you get a FB request too.
    Lovely! Just need to run it past the husband now to make sure I can get a late pass image and I gotcha on FB - bet you found me thru Nam's list!!! She was my support group with Bear last year - a mighty fine job they did too, that's one of the reasons I'm in this year!!! Night night, see you in the morning! x
  • Options

Mr Sims is very welcome too image

Night night x

• Options

BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Just thought I'd try and wake people up a bit image it's still very quiet in here is everyone okay? I'm having a lovely day so far, other than the fact it's all lurvely and sunny outside and I'm stuck in the office..................roll on the weekend!!!!!

• Options

Hi Karen and all the other Group 10 Supporters.  I am duly woken up!  image  I have emailed you my details. 

I am getting very excited now (and a tad nervous too).  It is my first marathon and I have no idea what to expect.  I know Jelly Babies are very popular and so will leave a supply at the Expo for the Group 10 use generally.  Hope that is OK.

Am looking forward to meeting you all on the day. image

• Options

Woot woot we have naother runner image lol

I'm really far more excited at this point in time thanI should be and I'm not even running this year!!!!!!! You guys are going to have a ball, I can't wait to meet you all! imageimageimageimage

• Options

Hi Karen, how many runners we up to now?

Happy Tapering this weekend imageimage

• Options

Hi Gill! So far of our list of 30 runners (including late adoptions lol) we've got details for 11, another set promised as soon as he gets back to his PC (EI22RE you know who you are image) and I reckon Andy and Jennifer Sangster will be along soonish to say hi and give us their info.

So actually, we're not doing too bad!! It's just a bit quiet.............or maybe that's me being a bit loud...... image

• Options
    We've got 15 out of out 26 so far and, if I remember rightly, we only got about 70% overall last year so I'd say we're both doing very well for contacts.  Some people will never get in touch as they've forgotten they asked or are not running anymore.  Some people don't really want anything apart from knowing we're there.  Some people think it all happens by magic and we're psychic image
  • Options
    Hi there!

Sorry boss was hanging round all afternoon so couldn't say Hi!

Details will be provided for jen and I asap!
  • Options

Evening all not sure if I am on here or on Hash's as requested but I will post my details on here anyway and on 7 but I will probably need two lots of kicks up the back sides to keep going by mile 17.

Mark Street 2 with Beanie on the front of my light blue shirt and on the back of my Bowel & Cancer Research vest as per the picture below. Just a few jelly babies will do me thanks and an encouraging roar when I approach. My third attempt to get to the start so dont worry if I am not there!!! But I will be this time even if I am walking. Time will  be about 20 mins to get over the start and then 2hours 45 mins approx minimum before I stagger into sight.

Number on shirt will be 53611.

Massive thanks to all of the supporters groups.

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/485545/Gallery/CIMG0016_1.JPG

• Options

Hola!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Mark - I think you may have drawn the short straw (image) with us but we will forgive you if you do decide to defect, you'll still get a big old cheer from us lot anyway we're generous  like that!!!! image hehe only kidding lol will add you to our list and then if the guys in the other group have you too then as you say you'll get a double kick up the jacksie to carry on going! image

You'll be fab on the day have no fear on that one, will definitely be keeping a massive eye out for you coming through, will have a very large bowl of jell babies with your name on - would you like them avec vodka or without image

K x

• Options
    What is with the vodka jelly babies?
  • Options

morning everyone

just want to wish EVERYONE all the very best on the day - i hope everyone has a fab time, and that all the runners get a photo of themselves with both feet off the ground!!  (i got one last year and was thrilled!! image )

i've had to defer til next year because of a hurty hip problem, but i will be watching on tv and wishing i was there.

good luck image

and a huge well done to the supporters - mile 17 is great image

• Options
    Thanks Pud, commiserations on the hurty hip but better safe than sorry eh! Your guaranteed a place for next year now right?
  • Options

thanks mattoo

yep i shall be there next year - hurty hip or no...... 

i see it's your first marathon - i hope you have a fantastic day.  the atmosphere is fanstastic and i found it a really emotional event last year, especially rounding the corner at the palace and seeing the finishing chutes image

have a great time image

• Options
    Sorry to read about your hip pud. Thanks for the good luck wishes - we'll be wishing you luck for VLM2011 soon enough!
  • Options

Hi,

Posted a message on the main mile 17 thread - is it too late for me to register myself as a runner supported by group 10?

Definitely think I will need the support! I think I will be at 17 miles at around 12.20 - 12.30 or so, will be wearing a Children with Leukaemia vest, and I am number 36766.

All I will need is some fruit pastilles which I can bring along to the Expo!

Cheers, Aidan

• Options
    Cheers Pud, do the crowds make it easier or harder I am wondering? I guess as long as I stick to race plan should help right?
  • Options

Hello, thanks in advance for the support!!  Got my charity vest this morning and now feel more nervous than excited  Maybe 1st marathon nerves.  I assume everyone has been there...

Here are my details: 

Forum name - Melon
    Name (suggest you email this if unhappy to divulge via the forum) - Helen
    Race number - 42692
    Estimated time to mile 17 - who knows!!  Maybe 2.50-3 hours?
    What you'll be wearing - black capri tights with shirt over, black top and bright green and blue Mind charity vest with MELON written on it!
    Any special needs* - lots! Seriously, I would love jelly beans or gels and I heard that hugs were given out last year?!  I think I might need one if that's still available.

• Options

And finally - here's the information for Jennifer and I!! 

/members/images/401073/Gallery/Silverstone_couple_0.jpg
    • Name - Jennifer Sangster (contactable on forum through Andy Sangster)
    • Race number - 39628
    • Estimated time to mile 17 - 2 hrs 20 - 2 hrs 40
    • What you'll be wearing - Purple Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity running vest with Jen on the front, haven't decided on the rest yet as it will depend on the temperature on the day
    • Any special needs* - Jelly babies and possibly Malt loaf(Will be suitably labelled and left at Expo)
    http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/401073/Gallery/silverstone1_0.jpg
    • Forum name - Andy Sangster
    • Name  - Andy Sangster (Go figure!!)
    • Race number - 39629
    • Estimated time to mile 17 - Could be anything from 2hrs 30 to 3 hrs 30 (I'm recovering from an ankle injury and it may be even longer but I'll definitely let you know when I go through!!)
    • What you'll be wearing - Purple Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity vest with Andy on the front, Black Adidas shorts, either white knee length socks or white ankle socks with black Skins Powersox underneath - sunglasses and/or blackrunning cap may be added depending on the weather!
    • Any special needs* - Jelly babies and lots of encouragement - I really struggled from the underpass (mile 15?) to the Tower (mile 23) last year so anything you guys can do to help me along will be amazing!!
    •  
      http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/401073/Gallery/silverstone5_0.jpg

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/SangstersDoubleTrouble  

• Options

Hi Melon.... a fellow Mind runner and 1st time marathoner! I too had the same panic yesterday morning when I got my running vest. It suddenly seems very real and not such a good idea!! I am sure that will pass though when we get to the start.... I hope so anyway otherwise I will be queueing at all the public conveniences en route!!
    Which colour start are you in? Not that I am likely to see you and you'll be through Mile 17 before me so I'll wish you luck now. Hope you enjoy it. Are you going to the Mind after race reception?

Support team, are you okay with mixing up one of those ever so tasty powdered drinks for me? I'll put the powder in the bottle and just need someone to add water (or vodka!) and shake on the day?

Becks

• Options

Sorry - hadn't realised that Andy had put my details on his entry and can't work out how to delete the post!

I am contactable under this forum name as well as through Andy's posted above

• Options
    Hi Becks...I've sent you a message.  Let me know if you don't receive it.  In the red start.  See my message for more. image
  • Options

Hi All in Supporters Group 10.

Wow I'm amazed with all the hard work that's going into setting the supporters group's up, A Big Thank You........ well in advance.  Only two weeks to go its mad, I'm excited, nervous (first Marathon) But lets all Enjoy it....image 

• Forum name: Bluemoon
    • Name: Neil  Dickson (picture on Just giving )
    • Race # 12812
    • Estimated time to Mile 17, between 2hrs 30- 2hrs 50, all being well.
    • Wearing Red Demelza Hospice vest (care for children) with white spots, black shorts. 
    • Special requests, Unsure yet, I'll give it some thought, maybe tape for the Plantar Fasciitis, but hopefully not......

Karen I can leave you some beers if you like, or your favourite tipple, for those hard earned supporters.

• Options
    Loving the idea of a hug Melon! image
  • Options

Morning lovelies!!! Sorry I've been AWOL over the weekend it was one of those and I didn't get a chance to get online I'm afraid....image

HELLOOOOOO!!!! to all the runners who've said hi over the weekend - hugs for pud at having to defer, but much better to be safe than sorry and I reckon you'll have a storming race next year once the hurty hip thang is sorted.

Becks, absolutely no problem to mix up the drink for you, just make sure you leave it with instructions etc at the Expo and we can def take care of that for you.

Hugs hugs and more hugs will most certainly be the order of the day in Group 10 if people need them - I know I did last year and the one I got from Nam carried me through the next few miles image

Have added everyone to our fabby spreadsheet, will hopefully be back later on again to touch base image Bluemoon what a fabulously kind offer, I think Gill and I are both partial to a wee bit of pink fizzy stuff if you did feel the urge............... although to be fair I'll drink anything in case you guys hadn't gathered that!! Lol image

• Options
    I plan on leaving a bottle of plonk for you supporters too just hoping your not seeing double by the time I sprint (ahem) past.
  • Options
    Hi AllGetting really excited again – just about recovered from a nasty bout of Norovirus – great for weight loss but not so good for the training (glad I got my last long run in – don’t even think about it!)  Could the weather be perfect? http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/14days.asp?zipcode=london  Hog’s TrotterRobert 16752Prostate Cancer shirt with matching blue headband.My first marathon so not sure what I will like at mile 17 but I am hopeful to be passing after about 3 hours Jelly beans please (not babies as don’t eat gelatin) will leave some at the RW stand along with a bottle of plonk to ensure all you wonderful supporters Keep suitably hydrated   
  • Options
    Oh bless you all, I think we have the mostest fantasticest runners in this group you know - we're honestly not just doing the supporting for the plonk image although you're very lovely and it will most certainly be welcomed by all of us image