Options

Support Group 10

Comments

• Options

Dear Group 10 Supporters

Many apologies for providing my details so late - all work, run and no play makes Hugh a very dull boy. 

I'd just like to begin with a big thank you all for the military precision with which your preparations are being made.  This is my first marathon and knowing there's a gang at mile 17 to "big up" the support as I no doubt flag, is great news.

Forum Name:  Johnersh

Name: Hugh

Number: 47799

Kit:  a red Spinal Injuries Association (SIA) vest with sonic the hegehog front and back.  Black shorts, with probably a white cap - I think it'll be sunny(!)

Time: Based on my training, will hit 17 miles approx 2 hrs 30 - 2 hrs 40.  My start is the red wave, so I guess I will probably be crossing the start line after everyone else (will try and make sure you tick me off your list as I go through)

Needs: maybe a jelly baby or two, but otherwise just a cheer would be lovely image

Photo: on uk.virginmoneygiving.com/hughsbigmarathon

Thank you all!

With best wishes, Hugh

• Options

Hi! Thanks for joining me to the group! Can't wait for next Sunday!

Just wanted to say hi for now, please let me know what special items to bring/ what to pick up at the expo, otherwise I'll come armed with bags of jelly babies and hugs! image

Hope tapering is going well, runners!

• Options
    Morning Peops, how are we all this morning.  Had a parcel arrive this morning, I must have been in shower as I didn't hear Posty, so gone back to depo.  Could it be the pink balloons already??
  • Options

*high pitched squeal* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH how exciting if it's the balloons!!!!!!!!!! image

I'm starting to get a bit like Tigger now, bouncing everywhere as we've only got (close your eyes if of nervous disposition image)

10 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! imageimageimageimageimage

Sorry, I'll get back in me auditing box................................. image

• Options

Morning Distant Neighbours

(waves frantically)

• Options

Balloons oh eck panic is setting in image Please say its shiny helium ones and not horrible rubber?!?

Have started a sweepstake amongst my friends, At which mile will I die....yes my friends are cruel so I thought I might start it before they do...last year we had a celebrity death sweepstake and the year before we sold our friend for 38p online image

But obviously if anyone wants to sponsor me the nice way you can do it here http://www.justgiving.com/Running-Eva

My running top can be seen there as well, will have the same this year with turqouise skirt.

• Options

Waves Frantically back to Tiptoes.  Woop Woop only 10 days to go image

Yep they are bright pink shiny helium balloons. 

• Options
    GillyMac wrote (see)

Yep they are bright pink shiny helium balloons. 

Phew, have a phobia against rubber balloons image  Yes completely irrational I know, will hopefully run faster past rubbber balloon places and succeed in my goal image
  • Options
    So were now looking for the drunk team with squeaky voices and deflated balloons?
  • Options
    Oooh yeah, can't resist doing the squeaky voice thingimage
  • Options

Evening everybody hope we are all fine.

Hi ya image

4 short runs left thats all. Just finished 5 miles tempo running with my 2 blisters carefully strapped!!

Have not burst them yet but may do on the 24th. if they are not better.

Seem to have many more runners in our group now, good luck to all the new ones.

Many thanks again to all you wonderful, wonderful supporters.

Bye 4 Now spk soon

Px.image

• Options

Evening All,

Peter like you, four short runs left before the big day, 8 miles being the longest.........it's hard to believe, I'm enjoying this tapering.   Hope everyone else is taking it easy, might have a glass of the old red wine tonight........image 

• Options
    mattoo wrote (see)
    So were now looking for the drunk team with squeaky voices and deflated balloons?

I'm really starting to worry about the other runners and supporters perception of this group image oh well, it seems we most definitely have a reputation to maintain!!!! image bring it on image lol

Just to clarify, have no fear everyone we will most certainly be in one piece to see you all through and hopefully boost you on to the end of the course!! and just to add, I do know how much of a difference it makes having a definite point fixed in your head where you know people will most certainly be to cheer you on - it sooooo helped me through last year when i was struggling a little bit - so we won't be too pished to take care of business as they say!! image

However, helium, pink fizz and vodka jelly babies as a combination - well, frankly who knows what may happen!! Lol imageimage I'm also hoping some or all of you guys will be able to maybe join us in Chandos (round the corner from Trafalgar Square) after if you can?

Oh - and the bootylicious Tickled Pink organises a meal on the Friday night at an Italian near Victoria station - I'm hoping to go along after work and my pick up from the stand at the Expo - I'm sure she won't mind me extending the invite to you guys so if anyone is around the Friday let me know and I'll ask her to send the linky through - it's a fab opportunity to meet a few faces before the big day on the Sunday, both supporters and runners x

• Options
    I wont make the Friday night but am definitely hoping to make Chandos after a rub down at my charities shindig
  • Options
    I'm a dab hand at rub downs meself ya'know!!! image  Lol only kidding............................hehe image
  • Options

Injury update......

I made to foolish mistake of standing up to go and get a drink at work just now and appear to have done something new and peculiar to my leg.
    So, while everyone else is tapering and has a few short runs to do, my final training consists of physio, rest, maybe some ice and a bit more physio.

Any chance we could have the supporters stand at Mile 1 as at this rate I am not making it much further than that!!

• Options

Ooh becks thats not good!! Rest, Rest & more rest.

What does sound good is Chandos........  Sam Smiths Beer if I recall.  Tasty & cheap!! What better

Hot Bath, Feet up Becks. Good Luck!!

Px

• Options

MOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNNIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG!

I am very excited as I'm taking my friends daughter to see How to Train your Dragon in 3D this afternoon!

Love to all, becks make sure you keep that leg rested hunny

K x

• Options

Lol sounds like a fun afternoon, must find a token child to take see How to Train your Dragon.

Update:  Yeeesssss it was the balloons that arrived yesterday morning.  Can't believe how quickly they came.  So only got pink fizz, jelly babies and jaffa cakes to get image

Edit to say:  Take care becks, plenty of rest, extra miles wont make a difference at this point so just make sure you rest up and get to that start line image

• Options
    GillyMac wrote (see)

Lol sounds like a fun afternoon, must find a token child to take see How to Train your Dragon.

I was hoping to take our nevvie but he's 13 now and more interested in if we can get him into a 15 image lol so begged my mate to lend me her 7 year old!!!!! Luckily she is as excited as me, although I'm not sure if that's cos she's been bribed with the thought of lots of treats!!! image Me, load a child with e numbers and then send them home? No, never, I'm an angel I am! image Lol
  • Options

Right lovelies - we have quite a few charidee runners in our tremendous group 10 and although I'd dearly dearly love to sponsor all of you I can't afford to image

BUT - what I have done is added into the thread entitled 'More Money' started by Mister W - there is now a total of £78.60 that will go to a runner who tells their story - 'winner' to be decided by Mister W himself. I'd like to encourage all of you to get on that thread and tell your stories? You're all an inspiration and if you put your justgiving etc links in your posts then who knows what additional funds may come in from that too.........x

• Options

Hi Kimage

I am really new to "Forums & Threads"  How do I find the tread     " MORE MONEY" started by Mister W

Can I pop a bit of money in too, is that easy to do!!

Such a techno freak!!!

Pimage

• Options

Pete - you're a lovely man image

Link to Mr W's thread is here hopefully that works! I'm not very techy myself lol!

• Options

Thanks all to the get well wishes for my leg(s).
    Just got back from the physio who seemed to find it amusing that the pain she was inflicting upon me was making me cry! Remarkably it's helped and a week of stretching and rollering (my ITB) should put me in peak condition on the 25th....

KS - thanks for the link to Mister W's thread. Will pop over there now and add some money. In the mean time, if anyone fancies sending a little hard earned cash my way.....image 

Becks Fundraising

• Options

*waves to all the trouble makers in supporting group 10*

imageimage

• Options
    Troublemakers? Us? Nooooooooooooooooo - we is angels we is!!! image
  • Options
    Can I just add - How to Train Your Dragon is a fab film!!!!!!!!! Lol
  • Options

Ah but will it be any use for training runners on how to behave at Mudchute?   I can certainly breathe fire if there is anyone misbehaving.

Today I won the Biggest Flouce at Work award .... I can repeat it if necessary on the day image

Woo Hoooo, it's the weekend.  Cocktail on the patio anyone?

• Options

the dragon wings could come in handy for some runners going on my own experience last year!!! Lol

Tell you what though I'll be breathing fire at Easyjet soon if they don't get my parents sorted - stuck in Rome till Monday, they were due to fly back yesterday, and the buggers haven't sorted them a hotel even though they've transferred them onto a flight on Monday image

Can't have a 'real' drink (as opposed to a virtual one!!) till I've got through to them on their 'live chat' (one hour and counting so far) cos I need to drive to the shops image

• Options

Hi All

Not long now till the big day! My fiance is going to let me count down days from tomorrow. She thought counting down days from April 1 was a little excessive. Nevermind she is counting till our next holiday leaving on May 8 and has been doing so since about a month ago. Double standards!!!!

I am running for The Dockland Settlements which is very close to your support station. I will be wearing a lovely fluoro yellow/green vest with 'Dockland Settlements' on the front. I will probably have Rodney written across the front above my number. My name is actually Rohan but was changed courtesy of two neices who couldn't say Rohan. They instead called me Rodney and now my whole family calls me that. They still get confused who Uncle Rohan is so its simpler to leave it be.

My photo should be on the avatar as soon as it is checked. I am abot 6ft1 with an ugly shaved head. I hope to run under 3.25 to avoid eating  jellied eel as part of a dare, I have an eel phobia so it should help me in the last few miles. That puts me at mile 17 at about 2hrs 15 or 12pm. My running number is 52371.

I dont want any food or drink but a large cheer and a few high 5's would be tops please. No doubt I will see you before you do me so be ready to stick those arms out for me.

You guys rock

Rohan aka Uncle Rodney