Options

Rome Marathon 2011

Comments

• Options
    PlookPlook ✭✭✭
    I'm coming from England and this is my first marathon. I'm staying about 25 miles away outside the city and getting a lift in.
  • Options

hello again, i have exchanged emails with alessio a representer for the marathon.                                       i was told that my details and payment have been registered for 2 entries and i will be refounden soon for 1 payment, so i am pleased about that.   

do any of you know how we can get to see the entry list for the race, i would like to check i am on the list.

i also asked about the health form, and as i am a member of a athletic running club and completed in 2 marathons in the last 6 six months. i wont need to send the medical health form over.

hi tom, a irish man if i am mistaking, with a name like monaghan.                                                                   i am also flying from the uk, standsted airport. hoping to land on friday before race and staying in a hotel not to far from the start.

• Options

Glad to hear things getting sorted out Mr Guinness.  When you sign in under the "individual athletes area", you can check your registration status + print off your bib sheet you'll need to take to expo.  It could possibily take a few days.

Tom, your staying mighty far outside the city!

• Options

Hi All. Just decided to enter this one - good thing I read the above threads so that I'm prepared for all the problems with registering! Any tips on how best to do it?

Already looking forward to it. I needed a race to focus on. I've done London twice and so this will be my first marathon outside the UK. Been to Rome for sight-seeing (and was born there) and so I'm expecting it'll be a majestic course to run around.

Just need to start on the training ... will be ratcheting it up from December (which gives me some time to get the registration sorted out ...!)

Can anyone recommend any decent hotels? I'll have the OH and baby by way of support team.

Hope everyone's training is going well and continues that way.

• Options
    I'll be coming from Ontario Canada,, my first marathon!!!
  • Options
    I've just entered (I think), but when I got to the payment page it gave me an error and said the date was in the wrong format or something. Anybody else had that?

I did my first run on Sunday for months, so this is going to be a bit of a stretch for me.
  • Options

welcome courtney and sphinks.

hi sphinks i had the same problem as you.                                                                                                      after i entered my card details it also come back as a card error. then i entered another card that i have and again it come as a card errow.

so i thought i will try to enter another way and lift it for afew days, then i check my bank details.            and Lo and behold, 2 payments have been taking out of my bank.                                                                      i have sent 2 emails to the payment department, looking too get 1 of my payments back.

so my advise is, leave it for afew days if you can and see will they take the payment out of your bank.

• Options

welcome courtney and sphinks. hi sphinks i had the same problem as you.  after i entered my card details it also come back as a card error. then i entered another card that i have and again it come as a card errow.  

so i thought i will try to enter another way and lift it for afew days, then i check my bank details.       and Lo and behold, 2 payments have been taking out of my bank.  i have sent 2 emails to the payment department, looking too get 1 of my payments back.

so my advise is, leave it for afew days if you can and see will they take the payment out of your bank.

• Options

it seems i do alot of things 2 times  image.  the first massage was all over the place.

hope you get the payment sorted out.

• Options

Also had a failed payment notice on the website. Just been on the phone to them and they advised trying again. However, I'll take Mr G's advice and give it a couple of days! They said the health form can be emailed to info@maratonadiroma.it in case that's easier than faxing.

• Options
    I didn't actually get to enter my card details, or even try. It gave me an internal error about the date being wrong. I have a confirmation email and a health form to fill in, so I'll send that back and see what happens. I wanted to get my entry in before the 24 November deadline before the payment goes up. Hope I still can.
  • Options
    I'm doing it- my first marathon. Having trouble getting my bib number though. Will try and contact them- have uploaded payment and health form, and got email saying registration complete, but no bib number as yet.
  • Options

nick i have received the same massage as you about registration. maybe we will get to see our bib numbers closer to the race day. still waiting to receive my payment that they took out of my card.               i dont want to pay twice for the same race .image

• Options
    credit card payment accepted. health form uploaded. looking good! Just got a bit of training to do. Did my third 5k run yesterday. A little bit to go.
  • Options
    Registration complete. See you in Rome!
  • Options
    all roads lead to rome image
  • Options
    Just popped onto this thread for a bit of nostalgia.image For those of you who have not run  it before it is one of my favourite marathons, so much so I ran it twice, in 05 and 06 - beautiful course, the cobbles add to it and despite what people say I ran a PB both times. Hope you all have a wonderful time, you can't beat the start and finish at the colleseaum and the medal is really classy compared so some and a nice reward!
  • Options
    Looking forward to it Laura! 17 weeks to go tomorrow (I think). Did about 6 miles today which is my longest run for a few months. Hopefully 17 weeks should be enough. What sort of mileage are you others on at the moment?
  • Options
    Just aiming (or hoping!) to do 17 weeks' training consistenly. If I can avoid injuring myself during the build up, that'll be going better than my other two marathon attempts.
  • Options

ya 17 weeks gives us plenty time to prepair for the rome marathon, as long as we do it right.             build your milage up slowly and be careful training plus watch out for injuries. 

i will be stepping up my marathon training next week. have been taking it easy since the dublin marathon. all in all   it should be good, fun and tough until race day.

keep fit everyone

• Options
    Got my bib today, so all complete.

Entry fee goes up after tomorrow if anyone's still on the fence.
  • Options
    hi sphinks        did you get your bib in the post or from the marathon website.
  • Options
    Hi Mr. G, I logged into the reserved area of the website and you can download/print a letter with your bib information on.
  • Options
    ya thats me done now, all i need to do now is get injury free and look forward to the race.   my number is 614
  • Options

Got my email saying registration is complete! Just waiting on my confirmation etc to appear on the website.

On the downside, I've not been able to run the last couple of days after hitting my knee against a desk (what a tw*t).

• Options
    Entered - although you wouldn't know it based on the user journey of the site... by far the worst marathon website I've ever used.

Nevertheless, looking forward to it but 20km of cobblestones doesn't sound like much fun at all. On the plus side, carbo-loading in Italy shouldn't pose much of a problem!
  • Options

hi all,   now i new there was some cobble stones but i not think there will be almost 12 miles of them.

i am sure taking in the lovely sights around the route of rome will make up for the cobbles.

• Options
    The cobbles aren't a problem and are well worn, they are in all the scenic part of the race and you don't really notice them so don't worry Mr Guiness!!!!image
  • Options
    That's good to hear Laura, it probably just depends how you feel I suppose. If you're having a good race, you never seem to notice hilly parts but if you're wrecked you notice every bump in the road. I had two very different experiences in Dublin like this so I guess cobbles are just the same.
  • Options

Im sure you are right, I was lucky both times in Rome but then I just don't think its possible to have a bad race there.... its Rome image.