Options

Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Options
    valisgonzozen wrote (see)

Jf50, Skyfall = 007

Doh, I thought it was a race I hadn't heard ofimage

• Options

Ps. Does anyone know how to get more flexible? I can't touch my toes, I can just about touch under my knees. It's very embarrassing stretching  in public when I look stupid.

• Options

why would you want to touch your toes?

tried running and it was painful so walked back. Very cold out there

• Options
    To be more flexible and be better at streatching, I can't stretch anything really in my back because touching your toes is the main one.
  • Options

I think touching toes is not a recommended stretch as it can hurt and cause damage. Not sure where I read that. There are better stretches to do. Don't think I would be very good explaining them on here, I'll try to find some on the internet to link to...

• Options

There are so many thoughts on flexibility and stretching but the concensus seems to be that pre-run static stretching is not really required but that getting muscles up to temperature with movement and possibly dynamic stretches is  good.  Post run static stretches are good.  However the thought on flexibility seems to be that being very flexible is not an advantage at all

• Options

My old PE teachers taught us how to stretch properly. I never really appreciated it back then. I try and do 5mins stretching a day before I run,

• Options

I never stretch before running, only after

• Options

Evening all - no run today as bloomin work has been all consuming for the last couple of days, and when client meetings have wine involved I can't say no, MC, you set a good example I can't follow. TG and CR, best of luck for Beachy tomorrow, it will be cold, I hope it's clear so you can enjoy the views. Last year was such perfect weather that if I do it again I will be disappointed unless it's the same! Valis, no racing this weekend, Miss F is with her mother for a couple of days so we are having some freedom, which may include a trip to the bike shop.... I'm a advocate of stretching, normally only after, but my new coach is a big fan of the before as well, will post the moves soon. Have a good weekend folks.

• Options

I've finally made it onto the thread - A 2.15 miles hill session done already this morning and its only 5:15

• Options

Morning

guv: It's good to have you with us mateimage

• Options
    Can't go for a run this morning, have to go up to Belfast for a friend's birthday. image
  • Options

Morning criagerrs

• Options

morning

snow here this morningimage

had a lie in, may go to the gym later but I have a pile of marking that I have been ignoring all week...

• Options

Morning all and welcome Guv, that's a good session for a Saturday.  I'm up early today but only because I am at work, againimage

• Options

Matsh: Really where abouts are you ? My nephew lives up in Aberdeen and they've got snow.

• Options

Afternoon all - a few snowflakes here this morning, freezing cold 6 mile run and bootcamp, finally warmed up in spin. Guv, that is early, lots of being up without the excuse for a run which isn't good. Off to the bike shop shortly as I start emptying my bank account straight into the pockets of the triathlon people. Have a good weekend everyone. A bit late, but good luck for Snowdonia Chris if you are lurking.

• Options

birky - I am near Nottingham! Not much snow, but a covering

Kate - this is just the start of the emptying of the bank account. My OH gave me a strange look when I excitedly opened a packet with a pirate buff in this morning. He doesn't know about all the other kit I have ordered....maybe I should tell him before it comes. Even he is going to notice the different gear....

• Options

Evening

maths: Okay cheers, I couldn't remember.

• Options

hey, it's light again at SOC.  Woohoo..... 

Morning rock stars.  image

• Options

Morning allimage

Yesterday park run took it easy.Today just two miles same route as Wednesday but added a little more pace to give the lungs  a bit of a short, sharp workout. Crossed fingers I feel good at the moment .

Psc. It light for a while but its now Winterimage

• Options

I don't mind Winter so much... rain is a bit of a bore, but cold I can cope with.  As they say, there is never the wrong sort of weather, but there is the wrong sort of kit!

Glad to see you back on your feet Valis.

• Options

Cheers Psc ,other way round for me I don't mind the rain.

• Options

morning all

woke with a headache so not attempted anything yet, although I should have stayed in bed as the internet keeps cutting out and it is driving me mad!!

I don't mind the rain once I am out in it, but the thought of going out in it can be off-putting, It is better not to think and just to go...

• Options

Morning all - great run this morning, 11 miles over the hilly trails in the light, I'm with PSC on the cold and dry weather, it means I can wear my ridiculously large fleece gloves and stay warm without getting waterlogged. Looks like I'm going for a Cannondale bike, going to try one in London today, then heading to the affordable art fair and treating Mr F to Bond at the Imax. Staying in London tonight too so will pack my trainers for an SOC down the Thames. Valis, glad you're out there again, MC hope the headache disappears. Have a good Sunday one and all.

• Options

Hi all

just back to normal when Idiot person tries to cut corner of road while I'm stationary and waiting to turn right. You can see if i had picked the bike up I would be on the crack in the road

/members/images/510108/Gallery/002.JPG

When I asked her why she didn't see me and drove on to my side  of the road she said she didn't. When I asked what side of the road was my bike on the reply was it was on her side of the road in the middle. and why if i was stationary on your side of the road did you not brake or swerve out the way. The answer to that one a blank stare.

bike starts but not rideable till repaired  no witnesses does not bode well I Imagine Insurance will say 50/ 50image at least I got a photo before moving my bike. Im fine but my bike does not look well at all.

On a brighter note here is a link to my blog feel free to leave feedback on it. some bits will get the chop andother bits I am thinking about adding.

http://valisgonzozen.blogspot.co.uk/

• Options

oh valis, glad that you are ok, but how awful. Some people should not be allowed to drive

I'll have a read of your blog......

• Options

A'noon

A 'right dreich day' up here. Bring back the cold and dry weather, much prefer that.

Valis: Goodness me !!!!!

Katie: A good 11 miler by you today.

• Options

Afternoonimage

Bloodyhell Valis you don't have much luck at the moment. I have a look at your blog later.

Well Beachy Head marathon done, same time as last year. I was going great and looing at squeaing under the 5hrs when cramp did for me. I have never suffered from cramp on any runs or races before so realy don't know why it happened yesterday. Maybe lack of heavy training leading up to the race or change in pre race diet and hydration.