Options

Who else gets up at stupid O clock to run ??

Comments

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Running was my first love and I guess I have a little talent hence have got back to this level but now I have the dilemma of personal targets rearing their ugly head. For my sins I have run a a sub 3 min km and sub5mm mile and I know what it takes to train for those. It is scary!!!!

Currently I am only running to help others out with pacing.

Fortunately bike racing is coming so that should cut the running back :??)

Did 2hrs today and met some friends so pretty happy with that :??)

Morning all
  • Options

Morning folks - T25 x 2 and a swim this morning, track tonight so no run allowed. Gobi, I could maybe manage 100m at that pace, and be quite rightly proud. PSC, you are very brave committing to your lunch instead. Valis, good mileage again, are you going to share the Brighton goal time? Emmy, IM no 1 is the Forestman, no 2 is the Cotswold Classic. Next year I might go for the fancy branded one, maybe Austria because I know there will be no carb loading issues. MC, I'm with you, not a natural runner, I just enjoy it and try and get a bit faster, and longer.

• Options

Valis: 4 bins to each household ? eh ? Sounds 'a cunning plan'...image

• Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Hi all,

10 tempo miles for me this morning. Absolutely loved running as the sun was rising... really gave me a lot of energy to start the day!

Kate F - I intially read Forestman as Norseman.... and thought you were absolutely crackers... but then re-read itimage

• Options

No, never ever (maybe one day).

• Options

Track tonight, 9 miles total, 5 x 1K reps. Had a sports massage this afternoon, body is failing a little after Sunday. It's strange how running at someone else's pace rather than your own natural speed messes you up. Knee, quad, back and heel issues, I think with one night's sleep I shall be tip top in the morning. Clear night so stayed light longer this evening, it does feel like longer days are almost upon us.

• Options

Morning - I feel  like I'm talking to myself! T25 this moring, what a beautiful day so far, lovely walk to the station in the moonlight then proper sunny daytime when I arrive in London. Happy hump day.

• Options

I'm here Kate - good morningimage

Morning everyone

Resting today, I even stayed in bed until 7.30 while my daughter walked the dog. 4 miles Monday and yesterday though and seem to have kept the pace a little quicker so am happy with my progress even if it is slow, but that's ok I am no spring chicken!!

Well done to everyone who raced the weekend.  I must say you all seem to train everyday, I'm sure my body will not allow me to do that!!image

Have a good day all

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    I was up at 0430 today so I could drive the 20 miles back to my old Street and meet the lads for the weekly 10. Plans to do alternate morning and evening sessions with them have started well.

Did 11 @7.55 avg today for an avgHR of only 118 which is like the old days. I think the fact I weigh 11st 6 and not 12st 8 is really making a difference :??)

Life is on the up
  • Options

A'noon you lot

Kate:Talking to yourselfimage Do it all the time when out running or cycling

Gobi: Good weight loss

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Some is good practice and some I think was the stress of life these last few weeks but either way I am happy :??)

Getting settled now and weight is staying down so it is looking promising
  • Options

Sun has come outimage

There will probably be hail be on in 5 minutes...

• Options

Afternoon

Took the mountain bike out for a spin yesterday and spent most of the time carrying it over fallen trees!

Nice run this morning though.

• Options

afternoon all

nice day here but I have ended up having a rest day, just too tired to get up this morning and have stuff to do this evening

gobi - hope the weight loss doesn't carry on too much! But well done on the running

Kate - I talk to myself too image Only way to get a sensible conversation sometimes...

• Options

Good evening all image

Had a plummer in today new bathroom basin , toilet fixed and stopcock no longer leaking. Like Gobi I felt lighter today unfortunately it was in the old sky rocket but at least it is all fixed. 

So once he had gone and a tidy up was finished I went for a N.O.C seven miIes and returned to do T-25. now bath dinner and football and maybe a glass or two of red wine.

• Options

Evening all - 4 slow miles and and even slower 3K swim. Gobi, you are a man who sees a silver lining, I do remember when husband v1 was decommissioned it was an excellent diet strategy.

• Options

Morning you lot

Wet outside and it was pouring earlier so avoiding the puddles wasn't easy thi s morning

Steady 4M.

NW: Puddles, 1 owl, 2cats, 2dogs.

PW: 1 car

• Options
    Morning! The rain is hammering the windows! Had a good plod yesterday and was out last night at our company awards do. Fantastic. image. Bit tired now though.
  • Options
    530am530am ✭✭✭
    Good Morning L&G

I'm only going to whisper this, but I've entered at least 40 marathons this year. March is the busiest month with a single, double and triple. It's all mindset because I'm a rubbish runner.

8th this Sunday, Steyning Stinger. The sort of marathon that if you're not paying attention several bonus miles are there for the taking.
  • Options

Morning all - 5 miles in the foul weather then a spin class.5.30, as I said to you onSunday you are certifiable. Did you win anything PSC?

• Options

morning all

the rain was hammering my windows and a gale blowing so I did a turbo session instead of running

5:30 you are crazy!! Good luck on Sunday though, and pay attention!

• Options
    530am530am ✭✭✭
    Certifiable, eh? When the Heartbreaker marathon race director asked who was coming back for Ironman the couple sat next to me sheepishly raised their mitts. The rest of the room did not.

Anyway certifiable is a badge of distinction, much better than DNS or DNF....
  • Options

I tell you what, after doing the race I'm not sure how I feel about tacking it on the the end of an ironman, oh yes I do, terrified!

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Kate - you have 2 choices and I like to look ahead rather than dwell in the past.

I have my health :`)

33 miles on the bike in horrid conditions today but that doesn't matter as I have been training with my friends
  • Options
    E mmyE mmy ✭✭✭

Lol -Kate - i think you're certificableimage

5.30 - see you at Steyning this weekend? What time are you starting off?

Another SOC few days for me... happy to be out there but a little tiredimage

• Options
    530am530am ✭✭✭

Thanks maths....

Gobi, beautiful blue skies on the south coast this morning.

Emmy, may well go for the 7.30am start.....with the walkers! Get it done. Only marathon I've done that doesn't give a medal. You get a mug instead!

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Thanks 530 at 0500 I could only see the rain, looking out now it might turn into a nice day in Berkshire
  • Options

Morning again

Busy on here today eh. Good to seeimage

5:30: 40 Marathons ! Wow !!

• Options

Gobi: Good session by you in what sounds like typical weather for this winter.

• Options
    GobiGobi ✭✭✭
    Cheers B

40 marathons this year ? :`)