Options

MBNA Chester Marathon

Comments

• Options
    Seriously dont think you need to worry about trailing in behind the rest . Your time is not that bad , I will probably be about the same . Think there will be plenty of runners behind .
  • Options

Hi MS7

As you will understand, we have been following the Liverpool process.  I spoke to LCC this morning & there was no marathon proposal put to Cabinet today, so there will be a minimum 2 week wait until the next meeting for any formal decision.

Regarding race times, at 4:15 to 4:30 you will be in good company as part of our main pack, with a couple of thousand runners behind you. 

Hope you decide to run Chester, we guarantee that you will not be disappointed.  Just look back at some of the reviews from our May race to see how RW runners rated us. 

2011 will be a much bigger race taking in Chester City centre.  Aiming always to put the runner first we plan to grow the race to 10,000 within 3 years.  Take a look at our web site for more info & how to enter.

Good times!

• Options

Hi JoeyDude

Entry is £38 for affiliated or £40 for unaffiliated. Entries now open on the website.

• Options
    Cheers Andy
    Seems an alright price,
    Might be doing this one because it's about an hour away from where I live and my 18th birthday is on the 29th of June so there isn't another one after that date, But hopefully i will be starting my Royal Marine training in July so am unsure if i will be able to do it?
    Thanks again.
  • Options

A great turn out for the traning run this morning, Perfect weather, scenic routes & good company - its much more fun when running with a group. 

Thanks everyone - looking froward to the next group traning run on Sunday 5th December.  As today there will be 3, 6 & 9 mile options.  Keep an eye on on the training page of the race web site for more details.

• Options
    A great marathon training run yesterday in the autumn sunimage. what a contrast today,just about to go out to do a run in the pouring rain!
  • Options

hi there to everyoneimage just want to say to anyone thinking of doing chester next year,do it.it was a fantastic day,superbly organised,and next years route will make it even better.good luck with all the training everyone

• Options

Hi Bubbles - Thanks for the positive comments on our 2010 race - we had a great day & are looking forward to an even bigger and better race this October. Loads of info on the web site

New Year's resolutions etc  - Seems as though plenty of people have got a marathon on their list due to the huge surge in entries over the last couple of days. 

Hope everyone's training is going well, good to have the snow & ice behind us. 

Why not join us for a training run this coming Sunday, choose from 3,6 or 9 miles with pace groups from 7:30mm to 10mm - click for details

• Options

If anyone has any questions or wants any further info - leave a post on here or message me & I will get back.

• Options

Cheers Chris, I've entered this as (well was) my 1st marathon, but got bit excited and entered the Shakespeare marathon in May also.  Up to 16 miles at the moment, so should hopefully be in decent shape for Chester.

Can't wait 

• Options

Hiya John, I've entered the Shakespeare one too.  Marathon training to start a week on Monday if I can shift this bloody cold that is!  Hoping to break the four hour barrier on what will be my third marathon.

I've noticed on the latest issue that Chester is no10 in the top 10 marathons to do this year in the UK.  Hopefully it can break the top five within the next couple of years

• Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    I did Chester last year and it was a good race loads of support
  • Options
    Mick if you do it again, you'll need a different hotel cos it's a different route. I would try the Holiday inn by the racecourse before it fills up.
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    will not be this year it is on a day I do the Huddersfield woodland challange but of down to Paigton in June for the half there fab race
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    rethinking about this is there still places in it
  • Options
    There are still places left, but the secret is out of the bag now. Since Runners World dropped on people's doormats the entries have been flooding in.
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

Room for 1 more?image

Just entered this (after seeing Andy's comment!) and Snowdon 3 weeks laterimageimage. Sounds like a good course. VLM to get out of the way first thoughimage

• Options

Andy - I had to laught at the (superimposed) photo of the start of last years race - must have been 3+ miles from the centre of Chester/by the clock pictured!!

I thought that the organisation of last years 1st running of the event was excellent, although (as expected) the course was fairly dull. The new course looks very good - it is just as shame, for me, that it has been moved from spring to autum and 3 weeks before my local one, Snowdonia

• Options

Great training run today with the Chester Marathon, along a sunny Greenway. My first run since Christmas, but it made me determined to get out more.

Anybody know any good races in the North West I can target for the spring? That'll make me train!

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    CJ- Have you tried the event finder on here and the race finder on Fetch ?
  • Options

Cheshire Jogger -

Ellesmere Half on 6 March?

• Options
    I'm signed up for this now. Yay.
  • Options
    Thanks, I didn't know about Ellesmere - I will take a look.
  • Options
    compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    now in training for the spen 20 miler in March a killer of a race in west yorkshire done it 4 times and it never gets an easier but worth it as I have done it non stop each time slowest time 2h57 fastest 2h41
  • Options
    Has everyone on here had this month's Runenr's World ?  I last had one in late November...blimming Royal Mail
  • Options
    Yes mine arrived on Monday, I was wondering what had happened to it! Hopefully yours will arrive soon!
  • Options

Same here Lohn ..... expect it to be stuck at the bottom of a pile in Warrington sorting office  .image

Received Feb issue of Cycling Active this morning though image

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭
    JR- yep, received mine....
  • Options

No RW received here either.  image

Looking forward to seeing the full page advert and RW best race ratings for the Chester marathon in this issue

• Options

Hi guys/girls, I hope you don't mine me jumping into this forum.

Only 2 mara's to my name Blackpool Apr 2009 and 2010, but Blackpool 2011 has been cancelled due to construction work, so I've been looking for an alternative mara. I think if I want a spring one it will have to be Stratsford now, but I fancied doing a more local marathon to home (southport) and just the other day I found this forum. Marathons must be like buses, as just as I find a great mara in the North West, up pops another one (liverpool) on exactly the same day, imageI'm sure liverpool have got a good reason.

just cracked 4hrs, with a time of 3:59:06 (sqeaky bum time) at Blackpool 2010, so looking to get down nearer  to 3:30 ideally, but if I wait til Chester mara it wil give me more time to train. 

Chris H: I wouldn't  mind coming down for the training session 06th feb, any probs getting into Total Fitness or do you meet in the car park?

Nice to find a local NW forum for us Northerners. Enjoy your runs this w/end, I'm in work unfortunately