Options

Seejays Strollers

Comments

• Options
    PS Seej 13 miles scares me too. Anxiety level just shot up as im writing this now!!!!!

I can not believe i trained for a marathon last year and so far this year im shuffling around doing 3 mile runs LOL

Ah well must get on with the traing!!!!

Cant remember if i said but we have playmate for Roobs, a rottie pup called Oscar.

Ness x
  • Options

Morning all......thanks for the encouragement! image

Ran 3.8 miles last night in just over 35 mins. What with hills and doubling back to keep the slower ones together, I just treated it as a run, no specific training. Just another short one tonight, another run on Thursday, then I plan to run 6 miles on Saturday. Like some of you, I'm focused on Bristol Half and getting right for that. I'm just training for the miles at the moment and hopefully the speed will come in time. To be honest, I'm not looking to set a PB, just to get round and if I make it in 1:55, I'll be happy!

Would be good for some of us to meet up in the future, to train for Bristol image

• Options

CB sounds like a good idea to meet up

• Options

Morning all

well 4 mile done yesterday done as a sort of Fartek session walk 1k run flat out or as flat out as the treadmill will go gym session today then will have to get my LSR IN ON Friday as were off to Leicester again for another attempt for the wife to do the race for life let’s hope it’s not called off this time

• Options

Toby it does seem like the Cardiff / Bath / Bristol events are all similarily expensive! £42 for a half is crazy! You seem to be training well image

Seejay Glad to hear you are back running. Rain stopped play at the cricket but not the Guinness.

ffRAN shame you missed the caravan. I'm still plodding the coastal path!

CB Glad to see you are getting on well.

Ness Hope the calcium deposits can be sorted to enable you to keep up with your life!

Hi to anyone I've missed!

• Options

Nessie, she is not sure if that is the problem yet, waiting results but that is what the Osteopath is hoping it isnt!!!!!! Keep up the good work and if you need some encouragement I am happy to come up again to help get your mojo back!!!! Headgone is still running, just been on a few cruises. Had a minor setback with an injury but he is back on track again, hopefully I will see him at the club soon. Not heard anything from Towner or RSB, will text her and see how she is doing!!!

Chris, good strategy, I hope it pays off for you but I think you know what you are doing and focussed enough to see it through. As we said just take it slow and initially dont push beyond the pain. I am not sure yet when I can make a Bitton run but I will look at me diary and try to sort one out soon!!!

Toby, I still cant believe we live so close yet never met on a run yet, we must sort something out!!! In the mean time you seem to have your training sorted!!!!

I dont mind paying for Bristol as the organisation is not too bad, in saying that I think it ridiculously expensive considering London is so much cheaper!!!!! I refuse to do Bath again until the organisation improves somewhat!!!!

I just did a slow 3 miles tonight, it was great to be able to run without being knackered half way round. I am hoping to do a long run on Friday night and then support my club at the Mob Match at Greville Smyth Park!!!!

• Options

well to my shame never got the gym session done woke up to late must get it don to day

• Options
    Had night off last night but was up at 5:30 to do 2 lots of dog walking - no.1 daughter on a hike across Iceland - volcanoes, glaciers et al, so 6 big dogs hard to handle in one go!

Monday's speed session continued it's inspiration and I worked very hard , despite the LSR Sunday, but I flagged Tuesday and just ran a leisurely 3 miler with a very nice lady new to our group. Ironically, I also had the 2nd offer to join WAA as both the Speed group, and our gym are applying for official club status. Means cheaper race entry but I am NOT running in a Virgin vest as I can't stand colour red.
  • Options
    Sorry - should have said 5 big, and one teeny dog - the noisiest!
  • Options

Morning all.

Sounds like you've got your hands full ffRAN.

• Options

well 13 miles done in the end but i have to say the whole thing was a struggle from the word go i knew any sort of pace was out by the time I’d reached the end of the road whole run took 2:12:33 in a way not too bad it is 7 minutes slower than last time but the splits are all over the place ranging from 9:19 to 11:03 and not one in under 9

Oh well it has been a hard week at work well that’s my excuse any way it’s just one of those runs we all get from time to time

• Options
    No excuse, Toby - just a very good reason for your 13 miler to feel so tough. If you were fresh, tapered and properly racing, you know you'd totally nail it.

Loving all the sport on TV, including the Tour de France, but was struggling to understand the tactics and politics behind the different stages/ teams etc. I'm getting there now we're nearly at the end. Inspired by events this afternoon so just back from Spin.

I'm trying something different tomorrow. My sister and I are running the brand new Parkrun in Merthyr. I'm going to run with my puppy and will avoid the temptation to "gun"it. Then OH and I will walk dogs as its a nice park for them apparently. Then he's going to drop me 13 miles from home. I think that will count as my 16 miles - even though I will have a break in between???
  • Options

ffRAN good luck with the park run me and the O/H are off to Aston court for the park run there

• Options

Afternoon all

well summers finally arrived went to the park run this morning with the O/H not the quickest time for her getting round we came home in 42:33 but enjoyable the wife had to do 6 miles today so we carried on afterwards all was going well till mile 4 when her heel started to play up so we decided to walk the rest returning to the car which we had left in Aston Court via the tow path that takes us under the Clifton suspension bridge

as we made our way along the tow we passed a path that lead through the woods and i have to say curiosity got the better of me as i had passed it on many occasion and was intrigued to see where it went as it turn out not one of my better idea’s as it was a bit of a clamber in places and muddy in other and combined with a steep climb

we came out on the main road across from Aston court were we had started so making our way back the park stopping to buy a well deserved ice cream we finally got back to the car in the end we did 6.5 miles the whole walk in the end took us 2:13:20 racking up impressive split times of 16:26 ,14:35 10:13, 15:22, 21:10, 35:33 and 19:59 for the last half mile

all in all veay enjoyable especially the ice cream at the end

• Options
    Sounds like my sort of detour, Toby! Great fun and well done to you and especially Mrs. T! Time on your feet - all helps.

Well, as to my best laid plans! Sis went up to the Parkrun on her own as we were taking all the dogs and a car share would have been tight, even in a Landrover. We set off and OH announced we needed diesel so, after visit to the garage, we got to Parkrun at 8:59. Ok, if start was at the car park, but it was a half circuit away - not a 1 minute jog, around the lake so I opted to support instead. Ran the last 800k egging Sis on to a 2 minute PB- so proud of her!!!!

We had a nice long walk with dogs, a cuppa at the Visitors Centre, then I was dropped off, very much later than I thought, with a route to our gym. Turned out to be very hot ( I have sunburn!) very hard (not enough nutrition) and over 17 miles - Garmin played up so not too sure. I was in a lot of discomfort ( hip, ankles and ITB) at the end and very disheartened. Instead of the swim I planned, spent 45 minutes stretching.. I am now ready for an early night. Boy, I live the high life.
  • Options

Ffran, sounds like a bit of a menagery to me!!! image I hate geting to a race late, I would prefer not to run, It has only happened once at Stroud Half Marathon, I ran but only because I had driven all that way and paid the money!!!!!

Toby, its never a wasted run, the mileage will always help, as Ffran said, if you had been preparing for it and properly tapered you would have had a much better run. Dont get down, you where just slightly off pace today.

Well I did my first 10K on Friday night before the Mob Match, which incidentaly our club came second!!!!! It was 6.36 in 1hr 2min, quite pleased with my effort although my knees are a little achey this morning. I will go to club on Tuesday night and do a social group run, if it is another 10K it will be interesting to see my time!!!!

Have a great Sunday everyone, summer is here at last!!!!

• Options
    Seejay- ARDDECHOG!!!!!!!! Onwards and upwards.
  • Options

Great news Seejay.

• Options

ffRAN hope the sun burns not to bad I’m with Seejay hate getting any late so i always leave far to early

Seejay great news on the 10k

• Options

may do 8 today but would you believe it the sun comes out and i think I'm coming down with a cold so will have to see how i feel when i get up this afternoon it my be a case of a quick 3 miles on the the treadmill

• Options
    Seej well done on 10k

Fran hope your sunburn not too bad take care

Toby all goodtime on your feet well done to Mrs T

Kev - Cb hope u had good weekend

Well my Sunday run was a bit of a rush- we had planned family bbq for about 1oclock but eldest lad rang us saturday late pm to ask if they could come early as they had double booked!!! So they came at 10 !!!that meant i was up at the crack of dawn cleaning etc etc then i ran down to horse (3.5 miles ) rushed - instead of LSR- still very good to see everyone had to fetch mum and then about 2oclock take her home and do horse again. Ggot back home about 3 thinking ill put my feet up but somefriends popped over so hubby did 2nd bbq!!!! I couldnt drink due to having to drive back to do horse in the eve!!!! But once i got back home i could join them all for drinks and i had a vodka or two!!!!!

Tired today!!!!!

Ttfn nessie x
  • Options

Evening - just filled the kids paddling pool image

Busy life Nessie.

• Options

Morning all

Would you believe it all those weeks of training in the rain and nothing the weather warms up and i come down with a cold that left me feeling tried and drained so going have a rest week this week and see how i feel on Friday

• Options

Sod's Law Toby!

• Options
    Oh Toby what a shame hope u better soon

Kev sure am busy - 20 mile cycle this morn

Run tomo

Ttfn ness x
  • Options
    Oh take it easy, Toby!

What happened too taking things easy, Nessie?

Hard hill session last night and very warm. Got to the gym tonight for our usual run out, and had only packed one trainer! Either Freudian slip or the puppy? I was on tenterhooks until I got home, frightened in case he'd chewed 50 quids worth of shoe, but no, it was under my bed. So easy night on the sofa and will run 10 miles home tomorrow after work.
  • Options
    Lol Fran - take up hopping? It could catch on - what u think?

Nessie x
  • Options

LOL at Hop a Long ffRAN and Lop a Long Nessie in the Olympics!

Loving this weather - going to take a walk lunchtime around the Millennium Stadium area to have a nose about (Olympic Football on there today).

• Options

Hey Kev, I like your thinking and the new names!!!! image

Nessie, trying to get that 10 gallons into the pint pot as usual!!!!!!! I am impressed with the 20 mile bike ride!!!!! Did you manage to run today???

Ffran, you could maybe get a Guinees record for that!!!! image Poor puppy, being blamed for doing nothing but look cute!!!!! image

Toby, sorry to hear that mate, it must be a real bummer having a cold in this weather, a cold is bad enough but in this heat!!!! image

Well I ran Tuesday and Thurs, Tuesday I ended up taking a group as noOne was doing my pace and distance, so it was 4.6 in 52mins, a little slow but was waiting for slower runners to catch up, not making excuses!!!! Tonight was nearly 10K, 5.6 in 56min, couldnt remember the 10K route so slightly messed up but it was nearly the distance!!!! Anyway, will try another on Saturday or Sunday.