Options

Weight loss name and shame (or congratulate!)

Comments

• Options

hi all well Bristol 10k all done an dusted no PB but today was more about getting my friend home in around 55 minutes as she had never run a sub 60 minute 10k before happy to say we got around in 55:28 had a small problem i must have mess the Gramin up and found i had no pace or mileage showing so had to keep asking my friend the pace we were running at

• Options

just looked they posted the chip time and we actually came home in 55:50

• Options

Toby - well done to you and your friend on the 10K and a nice time aswell image

Words - any job news image

Well I weighed myself yesterday after running and I was 10'3 so half a pound heavier than my best image over the past couple of months I seem to have stayed the same with my weight even though I am running prob more image others have said I will see this happen image my body gets use to the running basically image would love to get weight just under 10 stone then I would be happy so any ideas to push that last bit image been told intervals would help image

• Options

Morning, all.

Toby - well done on the 10k. How far off your PB were you because it's not a bad time.

Booey - I'm in the same boat, can't seem to shift those lbs even though I'm running lots. Probably need to go back to keeping an eye on what I'm eating, because I'm not always the best behaved! Intervals would probably help.

Didn't get the job, which is disappointing but also a bit of a relief as it would have taken me a long way out of my comfort zone.

BMI increased a fraction this week, but no real weight gain. Hoping to get out for a 10k run at lunchtime seeing as the weather is so good at the moment.

Hope you all have a good week,

• Options

words for me that was 3.5 minutes my PB is 52.26

weight went up last week hopefully now i going to be training for the GNR and the runs will be getting longer the weight will come back down

• Options

Entries for Silverstone HM 3rd March 2013 are now open for anyone interested image

I am in image

• Options

Toby: My 10k PB is 53.35 so about a minute slower than you... hoping to get close to 52 by the end of the year. Nothing wrong with a bit of competition...image I'm sure the weight will come down once GNR training starts. (I'm hoping to do the GNR next year.)

Booey: I'll have a think... fair old trek from me tho...

Made the most of the sunshine by having a steady 10k (57 mins) at lunchtime. Definitely ready for some food by the time I got back!

• Options

Toby - Great job getting your mate round for a PB, done that a couple of times an it's quite satisfying helping someone hit their goal.

Words - bad luck on the job, but you've got to keep your eye in re interviews for when something really suitable comes up.  Worthwhile excercise I think.

Booey - Words has probably hit the nail on the head re. weight, are you maybe rewarding yourself a little too much for running?  The brain has a sneaky way of tricking you into eating I've found.  If you're being good, how are your portion sizes?  What are you drinking, smoothies and fruit juices are a bit of a downfall for me and they have loads of calories.  Speedworkintervals will definitely be a benefit to your weight loss, they give you a good afterburn, just watch you don't overdo it.  Keep it to 1 session a week.

Been a really bad boy all weekend, rugby club dinner on Friday, all day session on Saturday (depressed about rugby result image ), hungover and hungry the rest of the time.  No runs at all.  Not surprisingly put on a couple of pounds this week.  Less than 6 weeks to half marathon, need to focus from here on in.

• Options

I think your right, and its prob more down to the rewarding because I can, if you know what I mean image I have almost lost a stone and a half since I started road running 10months ago and although I have cut right back on alcohol, thinking about it I prob do eat more chocolate just because I can.  I eat a healthy balanced diet so maybe just cutting out the choc could do it image I love the fact I am doing something I love and have lost weight for the first time in my life without dieting image I am going to try cutting out all those little rewards that I really don't need and see if I can get just under 10 stone and then maintain it......my life will then be complete image haha

Club run tonight image

• Options

Brilliant so far Booey, well done.  Remember to keep some treats in your life though!

• Options

I will keep the treats to the odd glass of wine image never been a big chocolate lover anway image OH is though so maybe thats why I have been indulging more image

JLB - sounds like you had a good but naughty weekend image now stop messing about and get on with your training for the HM image haha

• Options

Morning all

Well just 3 miles for me to day as i begin the training for the GNR in September did a 40 minute gym session yesterday with a 3 miles run on the treadmill i can’t remember if I’ve said this before but this is what i am going to try to do now instead of just 3 runs a week and a long run on a Friday

When i start training for Brighton again i shall continue by replacing one of 5 mile runs with it

Booey don’t be too hard on yourself you done so well so far and you seem to have the determination to see it through as JLB3 say’s don’t cut all the treats out otherwise it becomes more like a punishment

JLB3 we all a bad boy sometimes you to have done exceptionally well wise i had some of your self control at the moment getting under 12st seems like a pipe dream

Words the way you’re improving 52 minutes will be no problem i wouldn’t be surprised if your closer to 50

• Options

Now pay attention, double-oh JLB - time to knuckle down and get ready for that half marathon! Time to put your bad ways behind you until you can reward yourself with treats safe in the knowledge that you put the effort in for a rewarding 13.1 miles!

Booey, like the others said, great work on the weight loss to date, and I think it's only natural to plateau after a while. Maybe a short sharp shock - giving up the occasional choc - will do the job!

Toby - like the sound of your plan. My marathon training plan starts on 28 May, so not long to go now...gulp.

• Options

gutted there are no photos of me running the Bristol 10k oh will just have to leave the old one up from 2009

• Options

That's a shame Toby - and how strange, because they're normally pretty good at getting everyone, aren't they?

Lovely 10k run in the sun this morning. Forgive me for showing off, but you really can't beat Swansea Bay when it's sunny.

/members/images/659777/Gallery/1.JPG

• Options

They only got photos of the member of our relay team who ran the final leg at the Belfast marathon which was dissapointing, although I think the weather was so bad many of the photographers must have stayed at home.

Words - Wow, great way to start the day.  Totally jealous.

First run (7.5 mile) last night after weekends misbehavin'; a new experience for me running in the sun.  It felt good, pace was up, average heart rate was down, but I'm really feeling it this morning, maybe a bit dehydrated? Or maybe my body is punishing me?

Have a great day everyone, everything seems better in the sunshine!

• Options

Well I didn't club run last night as none of the girls were going so I sat in the garden till 7.30, then stupid like decided to do some intervals on the treadmill image I was so hot I only did 2.5 miles image I am such a lightweight in the heat, going to leave it till late tonight before I venture out

Words - lovely pic I too am jealous image

• Options

Did 3 miles yesterday what a lovely change to run in the sun can’t beat the scenery you have you have Words great photo the whole thing took me 26:43 Avg pace of 8:51m/m so really pleased with that after Sunday

So as predicted the Garmin work perfectly again so i must get a mental block on race days somehow and be doing something wrong when i am setting it up Oh well you live and learn

• Options

well no run for me yesterday had a rest day as the Gas man was coming to service the fire and boiler boilers was fine the gas fire was a different story they usually just take the front off and give it a good clean then put it back together and Bobs your uncle all done

Oh no not this time they changed the way they do it now he had the whole fire out cleaned it then the problems started to cut a long story short he got here 2pm and was just packing up at 6pm as i was leaving for and he has to come back today to finish reassembling it

So i am going to have to try and get out for my run before he gets here or just a the 3 to the 5 i was going to do on Friday

• Options

I am totally slacking in this hot weather and loving sitting in the garden all evening image not run since the 2.5 miles on the teadmill image had a lovely BBQ last night, didn't have wine but I did eat a packet of choc mini eggs in the day that were a gift, so not doing very well with cutting back on the treats image I will try harder image

I will run soon image

• Options
    What a great idea.

I am desperate for some help. I am my heaviest ever at 80kg and gaining. I tried diets and forums but they focus me on food and then I seem to eat more!!!

I really want to get into the beginners programme but struggling, some buddies would make all the difference!!!

Would happily name and shame myself - my goal is to exercise 3 times per week and to lose at least 1lb per week and to stop eating so much rubbish.....should be easy!!!
  • Options

Evening all,

hamstring seems to be ok and I managed 30 minutes on the treadmill today. I'm very pleased with that.

VP - Welcome, I'm like most of the people in this thread. We have all had weight issues and running has helped bring the weight down. Have you tried one of the couch to 5k programmes? They're are plenty out there, go on, make a start on one of those and you won't look back.

• Options

Well no run yesterday as the gas men didn't arrive till 4.45 it took them all of 15 minutes to what they had to and put the fire back together

So i may well do 8 today or just run for along as i feel like it at this stage of the training i can still be pretty easy as when i look back there only really 2 weeks this year so far i haven't been training for some thing

Booey i know what you mean a bout the weather is so nice although i have been a little p** off as i been sat in waiting for the gas man to come instead of been out in the sunshine

VP1111

http://halhigdon.com/training/51237/rr/Beginning-Runners-Guide-30-30-Plan

here the plan my O/H and daughter are following to get them on the road to running

Gary glad the hamstring seem OK

• Options

I'm loving not to have to think about what to wear for my runs, but the heat is definitely draining.  I'll be on the road for over 2 hours probably on Sunday, perfect time to try my new hydration belt! 

Good news on the hammy Gary.  I hope that's your fire finally fixed Toby (and I hope you don't need it for another few months!)

8.5 miles last night, and 12.5 planned for Sunday.  Volunteering at Parkrun on Saturday instead of running but will probably run there and back for another 6 miles or so in the bank.

Welcome VP, happy Friday all.

• Options

VP1111 - welcome to the thread - the hal higdon plans are really good like, I have followed the HM one and it was good image if you are really keen to run then just concentrate on that and don't worry to much about your weight as you will see this go as you run.  Of course don't make that an excuse to eat more and eat rubbish just try and eat as healthy as you possibly can image keep us informed how you get on

Toby - glad the fire sorted - annoying ah

Gary - So glad your hamstring seems to be ok

JLB - well done on the running, you are certainly clocking the mileage

Well I managed to drag myself out of the garden last night and went for a run at 8 when it was a tad cooler image only did 3.5 miles but feel better for getting out image

Will try and keep running over the weekend if I can drag myself away from the BBQ's and sun lounger imageimage hehe

• Options

Hi there, I hope you dont mind me hijacking this thread.

Im new to the forums and I am just kickstarting a fitness drive again and have entered the great north run.

Was hoping I could log my runs, times and weekly weigh ins here. I have a lot of training to do and lot of weight to lose, but more determined than ever to do so.

• Options

weighed today not loss this week still 12st 3lbs but am going to have to buck my ideas up as my O/H has entered Brighton next year and has been training nearly every day and has lost 6or 7 lbs already

David welcome to thread i to am doing the GNR and have just started training for it

• Options

Thanks Toby,

Good luck with your training for the GNR, heading out tonight and tomorrow morning so I will post some stats then and a bit more info.

Good luck everyone with your weightloss/fitness goals!

• Options

Welcome to the new folk! You've definitely come to the right place for support and encouragement.

Gary - glad the hamstring is on the mend - but take it easy for a while.

Toby - the GNR training will keep you focussed for a while, and I'm sure it will help you shift those spare lbs.

Booey - I agree re Hal Higdon - I'm starting one of his marathon training plans from Monday. Gulp!

JLB - good luck for your long run on Sunday. I'm also planning one, but if it's still warm I'll cut it back to 6-8 miles I think.

I got up at 6 this morning for a run, thinking it would be cool, but I don't think the temperature dropped too much overnight. Thermometer said it was 17 degrees - at 6 in the chuffing morning!

So, my 8 mile run was a slog, and I had to walk for a few minutes. I found it hard to catch my breath and my legs were protesting too. Definitely not impressed with running in the heat...

Anyway, it's nearly the weekend - hope you all have fun.

• Options

David Sweeney 7 - I use fetcheveryone.com to log all my runs, its a great website and I think it would be good for you to use, you can literally log everything you do and also your weight, have a look image oh and welcome image

Sounds like its not just me then that suffers running in the heat image I am not complaining at all though as I really do love this weather and its a pleasure to be able to sit and chill in the garden image

Have a great weekend in the sun people image run when you can but don't overdo it just enjoy image