Comments

• Options
    BTW: race # 15
  • Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

Cup of tea, anyone?

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/469713/Gallery/hatter2_0.JPG

• Options
    Peter - I just love that last post and I'll be thinking of it as I plod my way round my own hajj image

Bad luck to those DNS's - was there myself three years ago (when a chest infection had me poleaxed) and it's not a good place to be, but Snowdon will be there in 2012 and your health has to come first. Hope you feel better soon.

We'll be travelling over on the day - a nice early start, but I'd rather "not sleep" the night before in my own bed, than someone else's image

BTW, where are you getting your numbers from? Can only see last year's numbers?

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Very sorry for all DNSs.  But far better that than a DNF.  Heavy legs, I don't think I knew you weren't running - gone down with something?

Sub-2:28??

• Jez Bragg
    • Richie Gardener

Sub-3

• bionic border terrier
    • Gobi
    • Pugheaven
    • wayne mayer 2

3:15

• arch stanton

3:30

• NJ1979
    • Richard36
    • STUART BLOFELD 

3:40

• nicola quinn 2 
    • runwithmysetter

3:47

• #1258  Tattooed Runner39
    • Greg C.

3:50

• Run Jono

Sub-4

• #1075  Fenland Runner 
    • #1131  T Rex (6th SNOD) 
    • # 1500  Chimney
    • #1756  panad
    • brer rabbit
    • BritNick
    • Corinthian
    • Kelvyn 
    • safety pin
    • Si French  (2nd SNOD)
    • The Lazy Greyhound (7th SNOD) 

4:15

• Eric Davies  (4th SNOD) 
    • Hail me a taxi  (3rd mara)
    • koiboy

4:30

• Reydon Rover

4:45

• stilldreaming

Sub-5

• Mark Bryan 9
    • the mighty pudding

Also running

• #15  Rou
    • #108  Peter John Lewis (17th SNOD) 
    • #401  jason d
    • #518  John Bach
    • Andrea B
    • Artie Fufkin, Polymer Records
    • Boxer1
    • carol woodford
    • Chris H 26.2 (1st SNOD) 
    • clairster
    • David Lewis 77  (2nd mara)
    • David Storer (2nd SNOD)
    • elizabeth marks (1st mara)
    • ffRAN
    • hamrag
    • Ken Belly 
    • LouT
    • lowslice
    • Midlife Crisis
    • Monsieur Le Cheese
    • Muzza
    • Non Davies 2
    • Nurse Gladys 
    • Paul Leney
    • phil 1302 
    • powell1 
    • robejo
    • Run Stuboy Run 
    • runwithphil
    • TomS
    • WAYNE HOLLAND
    • WeV

• Chrissi
    • Drunken Euphoria
    • FionaEvs 7
    • *Frodo*
    •  Heavy Legs
    • Mr Ben
    • Running Kev
    • Snowdonia Snail
    • stephen kavanagh 4
    • trocals1
  • Options
    Eric Davies wrote (see)

BritNick, I'll be leaving my warm-up stuff with my partner at the start.

.....I'm sure she wouldn't mind taking some of your stuff back to Llanberis as well.....

Thanks very much for your kind offer, Eric. I think I'll keep it simple and fend for myself because I know what it's like trying to find people at that event. The chances of me finding you or your girlfriend are virtually zero. I usually can't even find T Rex for the 4-hour pacing group, and I know what he looks like! Thanks again but I'll take a bumbag and stuff what I don't want to wear in that. I'm used to carrying far more on the events I usually do (although I would not be running so fast so consistently).

I'm gutted to hear of all the lurgies that are afflicting peeps and forcing these DNSs. You really are making the right choice to not start. It can be dangerous to race when your body is fighting infection because it can force the infection into places where you would never want it to go, like critical organs, and you might not even realise it until weird and possibly life-threatening symptoms start to occur. So, to all the lurgy sufferers, rest, keep warm and look after yourselves to come back strong next year.

Peter, your obvious enthusiasm for this marathon is shining through, and I don't blame you. For a road marathon the scenery is more like what you might get on trail and fell events. SNOD is the only road marathon I run each year for that reason, and get to 'enjoy' a rare bit of 'speed'.

• Options

imageimageimage Think work was slightly easier image

Well thats it on the work fonrt for me this week...could have done with a quiet one but hey ho life is there to test us .....nothing like a brain battering to bring it all home to you that you are running a marathon in just over a days timeimage

Sorry to hear about the DNS for a few of us ..... at the end of the day you all know yourselves better than anyone so you will have made the right choice, and ..........................there is always next year ....that mountain will still be there image think of us as we make our way up it those last few milesimage

Jason ....I'll have a cuppa with sugar pleaseimage

Well packing coming along nicely so all being well and no major disater strikes down at home.....which is no joke as it is a regular occurance when we go awayimage we will be leving in the morning and heading Llanberis way image

Good luck one and all ....oh and 1958 for me ....right near the last of the numbers image

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    Don't forget it is the special privilege of someone on the image list to start the new thread for SNOD 2012 - start it up whenever you like, but certainly by end of 29 Oct.  Got to keep the continuity up.  All I ask is that you carry forward the correct spelling of camaraderie ...
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

I hatter laugh at that last post of yours, jason.

Nettle for me, please.  No milk or sugar.

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭
    Light rain and 20 mph southwesterlies.  That's about as good as it gets for SNOD.  For the 4th year running a strong headwind on the way to Beddgelert - the only lengthy downhill part of the course.  But hang on to your hat over the top.
  • Options

T Rex, I've just noticed. jason [in the style of Dick Emery character] "You are awful, but I like you".

T Rex, on the matter of spelling, you might like to correct Mr Gardiner's name. You'd never be able to outrun him if he found out you'd been calling him a gardener. image While you're doing that, please could you add 6th SNOD beside my name? Ta muchly. image BTW I'm 627.

• Options

Kit packed, will be all in black and, I think the only Ely Runner.  See you all Saturday, if I'm lucky.  Might make it to registration tomorrow.  Forecast to be a cracking day tomorrow!

Headline, Snowdonia National Park

Blustery only late on northwest. Cloud confined to higher tops W.

How Windy?

Southwesterly, 5 to 10mph strengthening to 15 to 25 through the afternoon, the strongest winds in ranges toward the northwest.

Effect Of Wind?

Small in morning, but then from west significant buffeting will begin to develop on the hills.

How Wet?

Isolated, if any showers

One or two showers will come in off the Irish Sea in morning, but most or all areas completely dry.

Cloud on the hills?

Often clearing

Near showers, cloud base typically 700m, locally 500m. Otherwise, only scattered cloud on higher areas well inland, but cloud often above 800m western hills.

Chance of cloud free Summits?

90% east to 30% west

Sunshine and air clarity?

Bright sunshine intermittently, mainly east, although areas of thin high level cloud will come in. The air very clear.

How Cold? (at 900m)

3 or 4C, but slight frost in some valleys and corries at first.

Freezing level

Above the summits.

• Options
    jason djason d ✭✭✭

image 3rd Snod for me

Night allimage

• Options
    Am number 1051. Weather looks great too. Think sub 4 may be extremely optimistic. Didn't manage that at Chester even. Will see though, so please keep me there TR for some motivation. Have noticed that long slow training runs and ultras are not really conducive to decent times on road races. Must vary it next year.

Have a great run on saturday everyone. Sorry for all those who aren't running especially to Sk4 who i saw again just before Chester and was hoping to see on this one too.
  • Options
    Gobi - good call. reckon I may go with the vest / sleeves combo too. Unless it is stupidly cold. There's only one thing worst than being cold when running and that's being ridiculously hot. We will see Saturday morning...

What time does the race start by the way?
  • Options
    *delurks*

Wibble wibble.....
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Hi, sp.  I keep up a few road marathons and shorter races in order to prevent turning into a bimbler.  I think one helps performance in the other.  I've certainly noticed my strength in the last few miles of a marathon has improved since doing "over-distance" runs.

Well, it's now just about a year since I did my injury, at SNOD 2010.  I've had an extremely frustrating year with achilles tendonitis.  Even today, still, my ankle is sore.  It doesn't like extensive periods of sitting still or driving and usually loosens up a lot once out running.  But speed, especially downhill, is hampered.

I have the quandary of whether to do my shoes up tight and have the back dig into the tendon, or have them loose only for the back of the shoe to keep rubbing up and down the tendon.  Either way it can get imflamed.  I usually go for the loose option.

• Options

#477 for me.

Good luck all.image

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

1030 BST.

.Spoons - what's the story?

• Options
    Have a great run on Saturday all, looking forward to reading the reports and some great times.
  • Options
    Hi all, first time poster here but I've been reading everyone's posts over the last few weeks with interest.

I'm going to be running my second Snowdon on Saturday along with my brother (426 & 427).

We managed a time of 4h 22m last year and we were glad that we did that time as nothing will probably ever match the thrill of running the last two miles with that crazy hail lashing at us.

Good luck to everyone. Ps is any one staying in Caernarfon?

Cheers
  • Options

JD Green tea for me.....image class that.

T-Rex 2nd snod for meimage

Night allimage

• Options
    Wish the race was today, walked up to the summit from llanberis and it was cracking weather!! No wind, no rain, cool but not cold. Fingers crossed!!

Quads took a bashin comin down so a easy chill day tomorra I think. I'll pop to get number etc coz we have to collect them by 9am and race don't start till 10.30, long time hanging round if it's cold.
  • Options

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh

phew thats better

sudden realisation of what I've signed up for..............................can't wait image

• Options
    Hi Gringo (a WBA fan) - you're not the only brothers doing the race - me and my brother (Blackpool FC fans!) are running it!
  • Options
    good luck for saturday everyone, see you at the start.
  • Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Just realised I haven't planned my walk for Sunday yet.  Did three 3000-ers last year (didn't help achilles problem).  I think I'll wait to see what takes my fancy Sunday morning when I stick my nose outside the tent (assuming I've still got a tent, that is ...)

If it's tipping down I will be going straight home.

Mark B - well, you haven't got long to wait.  35 hours to be precise.

Hello, Gringo.  I'm #1131 and my brother 1133.  Someone has got between us.  I'm hoping to put a lot of space betwen him and me on Saturday, though.  We never go round together.  He usually sets off fast and often gets over a mile ahead in a marathon.  I start off conservatively and gradually haul him in, or not as the case may be.

• Options
    T RexT Rex ✭✭✭

Something I haven't done is ask for identifiable features, clothing, etc for list.  Never mind.  Can't do everything. 

Sub-2:28??

• Jez Bragg
    • Richie Gardiner

Sub-3

• bionic border terrier
    • Gobi
    • Pugheaven
    • wayne mayer 2

3:15

• arch stanton

3:30

• NJ1979
    • Richard36
    • STUART BLOFELD 

3:40

• #1958  nicola quinn 2 
    • runwithmysetter

3:47

• #1258  Tattooed Runner39 (2nd SNOD)
    • Greg C.

3:50

• Run Jono

Sub-4

• #627  BritNick (6th SNOD)
    • #1051 safety pin
    • #1075  Fenland Runner 
    • #1131  T Rex (6th SNOD)  green-and-yellow Vegetarian AC vest.
    • # 1500  Chimney
    • #1756  panad
    • brer rabbit
    • Corinthian
    • Kelvyn 
    • Si French  (2nd SNOD)
    • The Lazy Greyhound (7th SNOD) 

4:15

• Eric Davies  (4th SNOD) 
    • Hail me a taxi  (3rd mara)
    • koiboy

4:30