Options

Sub 3h15

Comments

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Thats a shame Speedy I'll be in Geneva next w/end for few days of snow image

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    I ran the Town Moor 10k last year and loved it! I thought either Speedy or OO would've done the Saltwell 10k?
  • Options

MJ XXX - yuk. Can't work out how you managed to find your way home after that lot!

RFJ - hope it was nothing too serious.

HoHo - yup, 2 lads. The younger one (14) is the runner. 

VTr - 11 degrees Fahrenheit. Where exactly are you? 

Minni - Town Moor 10K sounds good. I'll be up in North Yorkshire for Xmas so hoping to make it into York for a parkrun on the 27th. Very flat, very fast couple of loops round the racecourse to blow away the cobwebs although I'm planning to get some runs in Xmas Day and Boxing Day as well as there's some great running round where the in-laws live.

• Options
    MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Lorenzo - when I was in Yorkir the marathon weekend I (we) planned to run the York parkrun but got way to drunk on the Friday night so didn't make it. *insert embarrassed but slightly mischievous face*
  • Options

I hate Saltwell 10k Minni, I've done it twice and it's horrendous!

• Options

MTJ- no way could I do that, 5 pubs and I'd be phoning a taxi! Well done on getting to 15!!!

Lorenzo- great mileage for the week!

OO 51-great 16 miler there and putting on the brakes which is good!

Jools- good mileage this week! Looking forward to the Schedule?

Leslie- tut tut tut! image 6 is better than nothing.

RFJ- nice 10 but sounded rather sore!

Speedy- good 16 there, on the mend for sure!!

VT- great point about the fuel! Needed more today though!

Did the planned 10 today and it felt laboured, but was cold and dark 7:30am and took me around 5 miles to get going! 30 miles this week, and week one checked off. 17 to go till race day.

Have a 17 mile beach run next week so should sort the men out from the boys! (me being the boy)... image

• Options
    Nice park running going on this weekend and some very quick times by the junior runners. SJ that's impressive running/hydration. 16 seems to be the order of the day, I did 16 too but only 10 miles, it was a lovely trail run in the woodland of a place called Chateau Le Hulpe. Perfect place for running, biking or whatever takes your fancy! Happy enough with 7:26 pace as there were some very steep sections and ran through a quagmire of a field too. All good fun. Loads of people out running here and off road biking, makes for a lovely change of scenery and it's quite mild here too about 10c, which is pretty much perfect for running. Hope to do similar again tomorrow and nice to have brother in law on his bike as I would never have found my way back.

OO - That Bracken chap is some runner.
  • Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

I quite like Saltwell but Saturday midday is a no go for me.

You did 16 or 10 Mooney. I'm hoping for decent miles this week to round off the year image

• Options

Speedy - good progress at parkrun.
    Richmas - yes, definitely needed a rest. Up and out at 4:15 am on Sunday but still didn't manage to fit in a run. 17 mile beach run sounds tough - what's the sand like?
    Leslie - cracking parkrun and a well-earned lie-in of sorts.
    Birch - well done on bagging the 20.
    Lorenzo - nice family parkrun outing - congrats to younger Lorenzito!
    OO - congrats to OO jnr.
    RFJ - good to hear from you again - another good parkrun.
    Nayan - good 16 miler.
    Minni - hope the recovery continues to go well.
    SJ - sounds like an enjoyable run!
    GM - nice trail running.
    Managed to get out at 4:15 am again this morning and actually went for a run! Feeling tired but managed a slow 13 miles.

• Options
    G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

Rubbish! gave myself a 17 week plan to factor in a week for illness or injury and have used the credit week already!

Was going great guns last week with some really good sessions but the dreaded lurgy kicked in on Thursday and I can't shake the blighter.
    Had to ditch the weekend LSR and dose up on Lemsip Max Strength instead.

Aching limbs and shoulders are easing but the bug seems to be sitting on my chest. Hopefully I'll get out in a day or two.

Some good park runs from seniors and juniors, well done all!

GD

• Options

AIAM mooney-Nice pace for trails a bike was much needed to kepp up with you by the sound of it image

Gul-4:15am image you have raised the bar out of reach now for me,I give up  image

DDawg- get to a doc if you think its a chest infection the sooner treated the better, I left it too long thinking it would pass image

13.5miles with  10 at 7:30m/mile tempo on an undulating course  to make up for slacking yesterday image (half  mara in 1:39) Glad that's d&d can take it easy now image

• Options

You have some good training paces there Rich, what's your target?

Some good runs being done at the weekend & weekly mileage too.

Gul - 4.15! that's still night time surely? Respect for getting out that early.

Your lucky to be able to that kind of trailrun GM. I take it your illness is all gone?

I'd love to do some of the runs you get locally Minni, they sound great albeit tough!

9 miles Saturday and 15 yesterday to take me up to 45 for the week.

• Options

DDawg- sounds awful, hope my cough doesn't head down into my chest! Antibiotics/Penicillin for you??

Leslie- going well! great LR and quick too! I'm currently doing my SLR at 8:30mm.

SKR- I'm trying to get sub 3:10 this time round. Great miles from you this weekend and good total. I was 30 this week and that still felt hard. image

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

DDawg - Needs seeing too by the sounds of it

KR - good miles along with with Leslies

A bit achy today, but that was to be expected after yesterdays fall, happy to report no damage other than skin loss... 30 mins easy round the local estate 3 times....

Last day of work tomorrow and I have to go to the big lights and city smoke.... London for an afternoon meeting

Take care

• Options

GD - sorry to hear the lurgy has struck. Get well soon.
    Leslie - cracking 13.5 miler.
    KR - good solid miles. Have you settled on MK now?
    RFJ - pleased there's no real damage done.
    4 mile recovery run d&d.

• Options
    G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭

Felt terrible this morning. I woke up and my nose was running and my feet were smelling...then I realised I was upside down!! image image

The lurgy appears to have gone up to my head. Chest feels clearer but the taps are turned to full in the nose department. Looks like it's going through the motions as it does for my one cold per year and I just have to sit it out.

No running for the next few days, will review the situ on Saturday. Appetite not affected, so best get stuck in to all that naughty stuff.
    Oh, the smugness of having 16 weeks of marathon training to burn those Christmas calories.

Have a great Christmas everyone. I hope Santa brings you much lycra, sPEVA, Clima-fit, Dri-fit and other running techno-babbly wostsits to sport during the coming winter training months.

GD image

• Options

Like the sound of your estate loop RFJ, is that because of street lights etc? I'm trying to work out a loop that will give a continuous run without having to cross roads/junctions etc, so just left turns.

Shame the lurgy is still lurking DinG-Dawg, just think 1 mile roughly = 100 calories burnt. Apparently the average Brit consumes 6000+ calories on Xmas day, so that's a lot of running to burn off, enough to put you off over indulging! I'm going to try and not over eat...

Finally succumbed and entered Manchester again Gul, I was put off Milton Keynes by a Club mate who spoke of numerous underpasses with sharp turns and I liked the atmosphere of Manchester too. 16 week plan starts next Monday image

• Options

20 miles done this morning so that is me done this side of Christmas.

Odd how conditions play a big part in long runs: did the same run this year and last year: same course, same day, and best part of 15 minutes faster this year and it was all down to conditions: last year wet underfoot and raining all the way: miserable day to run if the truth is to be told; this year a little mud underfoot but nothing too much and a strong head win all the way to 10 miles so a tail wind all the way back (it is an out and back run on the Ridgeway) and that gave me a slightly negative split (1:21 to 10 mile and 1:20 back) whereas last year was 1:25 to 10 miles and 1:29 back.

Only fly in the ointment is that I thought at 15 miles I could average sub 8 and ended up 8:02, but I'll take that.

• Options
    OO - It was 16k so roughly 10 miles but felt like I could have carried on for much longer but we had to get back to open wine and eat cheese. Must not forget priorities this time of year. : )

KR - Yes, all better now thanks. You're getting some good miles in.

G-Dawg - Sorry to hear you got the pesky lurgy. Hope it clears soon.

Rich - Ouch!! Good to hear no serious damage done though.

Leslie - Still going well.

Gul - 13 miles at 4:15am!

PMJ - Good time on your feet run. You can relax and enjoy the festivities now.

Sorry if I missed anyone but using iPhone and getting used to it.

Another lovely trail run last night. 7 miles in the grounds of La Hulpe again, marvellous place for running. Day off today but planning on doing 20k tomorrow am before my brother gets here and the festivities truly begin. Hoping to get deeper into the forest tomorrow where Wellington and Napoleon went to battle almost 200 years ago. Only found out y'day there was a international XC race in Brussels. Finnuala Britton finished 3rd in the women's race. Would have loved to watch that.

Happy running all.
  • Options

SKR- a good week

Richmas- my slow runs are usually at a much slower pace this was a hard tempo which I've been adding a mile to every week  ,the slow run will probably get sacked this week due to festivities.

Ding D-Runners nose everybody has it ,fill your boots then if you are resting upimage

PMJ- good 1st 20 bagged 

AIAMM - don't go too far and get lost in the forest 

6 easy but splashy puddle jumping wet ones today 

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

KR - Its an ok loop but still have to cross 3 road, I some times use the industrial estate for threshold training as its flat and minimal traffic

PMJ - good early 20m in the bag.

Track sesssion this morning before work, mainly to make sure all was ok and no damage... all went well so a good hard session in the bag.

Now on leave till the 05th image

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Yes work has finally halted here- I'm ignoring emails from now on.

Great pace for your 20 miler PMJ

Enjoy the family festivities Mooney 

• Options

KR - good luck in Manchester then.
    PMJ - nice 20 miler.
    GM - sounds like you're having fun in Belgium.
    Leslie - another 6 miles in the bag!
    RFJ - well done getting a track session in.
    OO - I finish at lunchtime today.
    Christmas finally caught up with me again this morning, so didn't get out for a run. Still 4 short of 2300 miles. Have a great Christmas everyone - wishing you all joy and peace.

• Options
    BirchBirch ✭✭✭

4pm finish here  . . .
    Merry Christmas everyone !

• Options

Merry Christmas everyone and good luck with all your 2015 goals running and otherwise !

• Options
    Tough club session last night: 8 ?? 3 mins off 2 mins and then 8 X 90s off 60s. Including the recovery jogs it was a good 8M; add in running there and home and I inadvertently managed a 13M MLR rather earlier than P&D intended!

Merry Christmas everyone.
  • Options

RFJ- no damage then after the fall.

Gul-I only need 2.5m to your 4 miles to make it 

Jools-good session in a long run .

6 easy ones again , merry Christmas all and not long now to get those lies... I mean new years resolutions sorted out image

• Options
    OO54OO54 ✭✭✭

Working in Mrs OO's shop today- should shut up about 3pm, but the mulled wine already started to flow.... .

Merry Xmas to all on the forum 

• Options
    RFJRFJ ✭✭✭

Have a very Happy and Blessed Christmas all

7.5m easy this morning (first half was done with Mrs RFJ, which was a nice change)

Banned from running tomorrow as I am every year....

Take care

• Options
    MsEMsE ✭✭✭

Haaaaaaaaappy Christmas (for tomorrow) everyone! image