Options

Just a little bit further - 2011

Comments

• Options
    He has tube v. 2. First one lasted 10 minutes. He has now crashed out while we wait for a bed. This is the time I really need the head space running gives me, but I'm needed by my family right now. I'll just imagine how it feels to run under trees, pick my way round dips in the path, jump in surprise as a pheasant is startled and clumsily takes off.... stop and be still as a doe graces me with her presence....
  • Options
    Its those horrendous times when you just dream of normal and simple although the really sad thing is that it becomes your normal if you know what I mean.
  • Options

Morning Guys...

BYECK....(((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))))))  Hope the little man is heaps better this morning......Kids bounce back quick as you know........Hope the rest of the family are feeling better to and you also...you said you were poorly yesterday.....

Ian.................OOOOOOH Its exciting when you enter your 1st race...great for keeping you motivated over the chilly winter months....

Hi AF.............you running today??????

Jude...........glad you got out for your run with hubby........on that sunbject my one has started to do a little running in prep for his santa run....he is getting on well but says his ankles hurt at 1st then its okay....i have told him its because he is not used to running and needs to strengthen his anakles more.

Loula...........Hope you get out for your run today................

HI nandy..................and welcome back...............

Hi Chilli, Ecky,Spartak,Smut.......................DJ............Hope the new job is going well.......

Well I am off to the gym for a session and then going to MUMs...its her 80th birthday tom but she has lots planned tom so visiting today and then Saturday we are having a Ceilldh..............Hoping to go to runnning club tonight.......Interval speed sessions i think image

Have a nice one evryone and speak soon

• Options

Good morning my fine friends.

I hope the Byeck sprog is feeling better this morning.

Another 5 miles in the fog.wore a fleece for the first time.toastyimage

Yes first race booked eeeeek.

Have a good day one and all.

(sorry i do tend to tern a bit Dickens at this time of year)

• Options

Morning,

Fingers crossed that little byeck and family are feeling better.

Ian -Well done on entering your 1st race and already getting 5 miles under your belt this morning.What time did you get out?

Franny- Yes I am hoping to get out as this morning as working from home.Enjoy your gym session & Happy Birthday to  Mummy Franny.  What's a Celidah?

Bye for now time to take Miss AF senior and Miss AF Junior to school.....

• Options

morning all!!!!!! normal work start for me today-phew...

franny, happy birthday to your mumimage...hope you have a fabby time!! its nice and sunny here today, cold, but bright-so hopefully i will get my runimage

by'eck , how is little person?..aw what a shame he had ti have IV...image...poot tot...hope he perkier today...

ian, wow you are doing well with these early morning runs..im really looking forward to  mine on sunday..hope there is beautiful deep red sunrise.

have a good day all.....its starting to feel a bit chwissmassyimage

• Options

Hi again all.

I'm usually pounding the streets by 6am every other day AF.I dont run very fast thoughimage

I've ordered a pink sunrise for you on Sunday Loula.

• Options
    Did anybody see the helicopter crash on the news,Cool
  • Options

Morning all!

By'Eck - hope little one is feeling better.  And you too.

Ian - I'm sure karate is fun. Do you do it?(I think son is putting a brave face on it.) Well done on entering your first race. image I'll add you to the list when I get home from work.

Franny - enjoy the celidah.  Happy birthday to your mum.

I'm playing volleyball today at school.  There is a teachers team vs students team match as it is Teachers day here tomorrow.  I've only played a couple of times in my life so goodness knows how I'll beimage No run tonight.  Have to catch up on a few things at home while kids are swimming.  (tidy up etc!!)

Well have a good day all. (sunny again here but cold)

• Options

Checking in for 2nd time today......just to see if there has been any update on Byecks little un.....

AF......A Ceilidh is a word for scottish dance...we are having a band and you get up and do all sorts of different group dances..like the dashing white seargeant...gaygordons.

ian...well done on your 5 miles early this morning...No I didn't see anything about helicopter crash?????

Jude....Good luck with the volleball....have fun and WIN LOL

Will check in again later to see if we have any news from Byeck.....................

• Options
    Spent a night having cuddles, hoping he will drink something today abduction maybe go home within a day or so. Not smiling at nurses yet so still got a bit to go.
  • Options
    Aw By Eck..hope he picks up real soon....Thinking of you.............((((((( more hugs))))))))))))))
  • Options

By Eck I do hope he improves soon and starts smiling at the Nurses.(((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))

Hi Franny.Hope you have a lovely time.Sounds like you are even busier than me.lol.

Loula it sure does feel a little bit like Christmas *goes off to find Jingle Tassles*

Flippin Eck Ian you was out early this morning.Well done on your 5 miler  no stopping you now. I saw the Helicopter OMGosh he was so lucky to come out of that alive.

Jude enjoy your Volleyball.

Well I am so achy after Mon and I seem to have bruised my back somehow.Hubby said its cos I have no Meat on me.lol. I did manage a run this morning but it was very slow and I must admit I ached so much to start with my running style seemed to change. I was pleased though as I managed 7.5 miles. I did a nice litte route along the canal and up a couple of hills.I ran through a little wooded area that was just so lovely and Autumnal.Its times like that I just feel so lucky to be able to run.

Hi to everyone I have missed.

• Options
    Ian Kirsh wrote (see)

Hi again all.

I'm usually pounding the streets by 6am every other day AF.I dont run very fast thoughimage

I've ordered a pink sunrise for you on Sunday Loula.

AW , thats very sweet, thank you Ianimage
    Ian Kirsh wrote (see)
    Did anybody see the helicopter crash on the news,Cool
    yes i did!!image OMG ...and ...OMG AGAIN!!....but really , what pilot would agree to do that?image
  • Options
    well, this is  a quick write in..have got home and its quite nice pale sun out there so im going to get my runkit on and zip off before it gets dark...catcga all later..think i may practice my carols whilst running lol...' tis the season to be joggy,,,fa la la la laaaa la la la la   '
  • Options

Hi All,

By eck, really hope the little one is picking up a bit now xx

My weekend was fab thanks Franny, every bit of it, the hotel was fab, the spa was just a steam room and couple of hot tubs, but they were really nice ones, lost track of time though and had to get ready to go out very quickly.  Dinner was very nice too, and the restaurant was really good, staff were very attentive in a good way.  Then wicked and the aquarium were great too.

Really annoyed though, after being really motivated last week have been struck down with the lurgy and not been able to go for a run. Sitting at home feeling sorry for myself dosing up.  Had some good news today though, they announced the preferred bidder for the bid I was working on in the US this summer and we got it image

Franny, when I saw your first pic I really thought you'd found a poledancing pic online - you look amazing!!

• Options

hi angel, glad you had a fantastic weekendimage sounds fab..better get some hot water bottles, chocolate and paracetamol to make you betterimage...yes franny looks amazing doesnt she?!! absolutely fab and yummy mummy indeedy!!

by'eck how is little one?image we are all wishing him well and sending him lots of  CRAC hugs  and kisses(((((((((hugs))))))))))))xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxximage

got out for my run , 7miles and was very nice indeed. bit of a stressy week so nice to blow the cobwebs awayimage..ran from my home village to the next which has a very pretty church indeed..saw signs up outside it for christmas fayres and crib service ..aw..i feel all festive now...

• Options

So, I had a week's break from running and tried a 30 minute run today.  Didn't go well - I was only around 8 minutes in when my knee began giving me trouble again, so I decided to stop.  As I said, I didn't do any running, or any leg related resistance work last week, but I did do a fair amount of walking - I'm someone who will walk rather than get the bus to most places.

Maybe that was a mistake, I don't know - but what's certain is that I'll be 'out' again for at least another week, during which time I think I'll pop round the doctor's to get their opinion.  I mean, I've had worse knee trouble than this before, which just went away by itself.  Hopefully this will do the same.  

The other knee is completely fine - if this was happening to both knees, I'd start looking at the age of my shoes as the culprit (but they were bought in July - I don't think I've even done half of the 500 miles shoes are supposed to last for on them).  I only hope that I won't have to pack it in for any length of time, and watch my fitness regress in the meantime. 

So, back on the shelf for now.  Hope everyone else is doing OK. image

• Options
    RR..maybe a trip to the docs would be a good idea. caych any niggles earl;y before they really start to bother you. also in cold weather i think everything seems to play up more..my hips often feel just plain old achey when i start running in low temps..image....enjoy some indoor training if possible.. keep nice n warmimage....
  • Options

Maybe the cold is a factor as well. image  I'm definitely going to go to the doctor.

Looks like it's resistance work and rowing only for now - no leg work though.  

• Options
    rowing indoors or for real outdoors RR?
  • Options

04.12.11                   Grim 8 (AF)

04.12.11                   Worthing Duck Pond Waddle 9mile (Spartak)

11.12.11          Santa Run (Franny, F’s hubby and son)

11.12.11          Stockport 10 mile (Jacky Hilton)

31.12.11          Gut Buster 10 mile (ByEck)

• Options

01.01.12                   Trionium Knacker Cracker 10K (AF)

15.01.12          Stubbington 10K (DJ)

22.01.12          Gloucester Marathon (LLB)

29.01.12          Romsey 5 mile (DJ)

19.02.12                   Brighton HM (AF)

22.02.12                   Tunbridge Wells HM (Spartak)

04.03.12                   Eastbourne HM (AF)

04.03.12          Frank Harmer Memorial 10K (Ian Kirsh)

04.03.12                   Steyning Stinger HM (Spartak)

11.03.12                   Bath HM (Matt)

17.03.12          The Mighty Deerstalker Night Race 10K and then some… (Gastank)

18.03.12                   Surrey Tempest 10 mile (AF)

? April             Bursa 15K (Jude)

15.04.12                   Brighton Marathon (Spartak)

15.04.12                   Rock and Roll HM Edinburgh (Franny)

29.04.12                   MK Marathon (LLB + ByEck)

27.05.12                   Edinburgh Marathon (Franny + Gastank)

27.05.12                   Northants Ultra 35 (LLB)

01.07.12          Marathon leg of Outlaw Ironman Nottingham (Chili)

19.08.12                   Isle of Wight HM (Jude)

22.09.12          JW Ultra (LLB)

? Sept              Maidenhead HM (Angel)

21.10.12          Great Birmingham HM? (Ecky)

? Oct               ABO Marathon (LLB, Spartak, Chili, Franny, Angel, ByEck, Matt, DJ)

? Oct               Istanbul Eurasia Marathon (Jude)

? Oct               Greensands Marathon (LLB)

• Options

Hope I haven't forgotten any updates.

BFN

• Options
    loulabell wrote (see)
    rowing indoors or for real outdoors RR?
    Ha ha - indoors, Loula. image  I'm sure outdoors would be a lot more fun!
  • Options

Afternoon all,

by eck- Fingers crossed still for little by eck.

Ian-Out pounding the streets at 6 am- that is true dedication. Keep it going.

Ecky-Well done on your achy 7.5 mile run -another dedicated soul.

Angel-Sounds that you had a great weekend. keep warm and hope the lurgy goes away asap.

LLB-Well done on your autumnal 7 miler. It really is a nice time of year to run.

RR- I hope you get those aches and pains sorted. Keep active and keep positive.

Jude-Some more races I am eyeing up;- 26/12 Turners Hill Boxing Day Run,13/2 Valantines Run,Southwater,5/3 Chichester Priory 10k,18/3 Trionium Leith Hill 1/2 Marathon,6/5 Three Forts 1/2 Marathon,13/5 Votwo Kamikaze The Final Sortie

I managed my 3rd run of the week and really enjoyed my foggy 5.6 mile run.  

Will hopefully get out again 1st thing tomorrow morning and a club run on Friday....then a weekend away in Canterbury with Mrs AF imageimage

• Options

Good evening gang,

i dont do karate anymore Jude but did for 6 years from 20 to 26.I did a form of karate called tai soo do,which is Korean.

I never had been so fit before and since,and enjoyed it greatly.

Wish your leg bone better RR! a bit of physiotherapy needed maybe?

Has anybody here got a garmin or similar?if so are they any good?

i hope ecky's boy is feeling better and i wish you better too Angel.

everybody else ok ???

• Options
    Also Jude your lad sounds like a good boy image
  • Options
    Ok,quick updatedirstly, thank you so much for all the hugs and best wishes. makes such a huge difference
    little by 'eck is being a monkey. he will be in for another nigh(at least)t because he is being a monkey and refusing to eat/drink anything. as such he has a drip in and a tube down his nose for his fluids.
    Ok, using 3G is very slow so by for now
  • Options
    Ian- Garmin's are brilliant just ask LLB.