Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options

Your bimble is me flat out!

• Options

Ironcat, feeling nervous giving a pirate advice from my newbie tri status, but did have protracted Achilles probs when running. Please see a physio early as different types of pain at different levels of the tendon mean different things. Also mine was always triggered around the time I needed to change trainers. So may be an excuse to go shopping. 

Hope everyone has a chance to see the sun this weekend, just off on the bike before the kids get up, husband on call from 9am so will be grumpy as hell so forcast mixed in my house!

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

I have done my first ever Parkrun, Frimley with Dustboy, Lord H and IronCat, well to be honest we all spoke to each other before the start then I did not see them until the end. DB came back down the course and ran in with me, IronCat called out before heading off with the family, Lord H never seen again.

36 minutes, ran all the way, foot not too bad. The poorly toes had cramped up as I drove into the car park. It is a lovely course as flat, running along the canal was great, seeing the ducks and ducklings, will do it again sometime. Shame its a long way for me to go, but I will try out a closer one next time.

• Options

Good job Steady!! Where is the Parkrun held?

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

well done steady!!

I went to Newark parkrun, it started up last week. Good to see a few people from my running club (haven't been to the club since October!) and managed to run all the way too!!!

then had a snickers and headed off to the masters swim session, quite a tough session and I reckon we all swam faster than normal as we certainly did more lengths than normal. image

however, strangely I feel like I have totally lost my mojo for the bike and events, the thought of getting up in the morning and going out on the bike just doesn't appeal to me at all, and the thought of getting up next weekend and driving to Bosworth doesn't appeal either.

could be one of two things I guess: tiredness - things at work are stressful and full on with GCSE maths exams next week and a couple of other things going on, plus the being ill and last weekend with all the training building up to it, also we are having a lot of hasle with our pubescent 12 year old boy. Now I can't remember what the other thing was. But I either need time off or a kickstart, and can't decide whichimage

• Options

image sound like a lot on your plate MC - maybe you need a quiet week this week, take your B vitamins (good for stress!) and then refocus on what you need to do to get to the boar?  We can chat about it over a magnum after the little piggy - nom magnums yum image

I have had a pretty quiet week myself with the cold and my tanks have just had very little in them to the point I was wondering whether I would have to withdraw from the Supertour tomorrow.  But I'm feeling better today so hopefully another early night and I will be all good image

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

MC, time off to chill for a week is my prescription. The bug will have knocked your energy levels for six and you had the disappointment of not starting the race you worked towards. I have found that by just doing a little of something with no pressure a help. It also does not help psychologically when you know your into a busy/chaotic period.

SuckitupButtercup, Parkrun is held all over the place. My nearest is Guildford in Surrey, just look online for your area, it is free.

• Options

It was a good morning. I'll take your advice now Emsi. I binned the parkrun at 2.5km and the took the kids so Mrs Cat could do another lap. 

Good to see Steady DB and Lord H. We were waiting for Mrs Cat when we saw you.  She came 413rd.

MC small parkrun are nice. We did Margate last week and we were 3rd and 37th respectively. 

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

IronCat it is so nice to see that you can do it as a family. It was a larger number of runners than I expected but I had plenty of room, I even overtook 2 people.

• Options
    IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)

MC small parkrun are nice. We did Margate last week and we were 3rd and 37th respectively. 

Mrs Cat beat you again eh? image

• Options
    Rafiki wrote (see)
    IronCat5 in the Hat wrote (see)

Mrs Cat beat you again eh? image

She was first in her AG! image 

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

well, decided that I will let myself wake up and do whatever I feel like doing in the morning, whether it be going for a run, turboing or just staying in bed. I am sure after a good night's sleep I'll be feeling more in the mood for something tomorrow, I have just been feeling shattered today. Kids are off to bed soon so sofa time coming upimage

• Options

MC - it really does sound like you need a rest.

Wow, your parkrun is big Cat/Steady/DB. We have between 60-80 at ours. Ran the first lap with a daughter who then decided to drop out so was able to pick up the pace a little on the second lap.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow Buttercup.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

not sure whether little piglet next week is a good idea or not but I'll make the decision tomorrow, I think tomorrow is the last date for entries

• Options

Just finished my training plan up to early October image think I will be busy for a while. I've planned in two rest days a week so my poor old body doesn't pack up on me and husband doesn't think I have abandoned him.

I am going to do the ride and run tomorrow - worst comes to worst I can just finish the ride and not do the run image

• Options

Maths- think a break is never a bad thing. Sounds like a lot on your plate at the moment. Your Mojo I'm sure wont be gone for long.

Sounds like a Park run fest today. Look after yourself Mr Cat. don't overdo it with an injury. 

Buttercup - can always rely on you to mention top food stuffs! 

Rubbish 2 days here. Ended up having to go in for an early meeting at work yesterday, so no swim. Headache from hell today so been laid up feeling shoddy. Hopefully, will get out on the bike tomorrow. Next week can only be better.

• Options

Big fun to see Steady, Cat & Lord H today, massive numbers for a parkrun. Somehow I even got a PB. Must be the stone I lost.

Steady, they do tend to be a bit turn up, run and leg it. Lots of peeps trying to fit loads in at teh weekend, Lord H, usually hangs aroudn for ten mins but had a washing machine to be delivered, I was off to get me bike MOT'd etc ect. If you fancy a more leisurely run up the canal sometime, do let me know. Ten miles is a pleasant foray out. 

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Ha ha, Dustboy, when I get back up to 10 miles for a run I will let you know.
    I was impressed with my official result it gave me 35.55. When I looked up the last time I did a stand alone 5km, my time was 32.15 back in 2003, so not too bad for a first go. The groin/hip has ached all day but I will do some more stretching before bed.

• Options

oooh...I'm knackered.  I was back in the pool for the first time in 3 weeks...I did quite well (for me), 30 lengths all front crawl.  I've never managed that before and then this evening, I stuck the turbo trainer outside and did an hour.  I find it really boring, so I attached a board over the handle bars and fitted my tablet on it so I could surf the net and train at the same time...but there is only so many episodes of Red Dwarf I can watch before I get bored...still, better than nothing...I need to find some more races to do...last weeks endurance race showed me I can go longer...if I can get my swimming sorted, maybe I could do the olympic tri in september in my home town...

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

morning everyone

slept well, but I just feel exhausted. So, although I would like to do the piglet I am thinking it would not be the wisest thing to do. I need to rest a bit then start building back up. Going to do nothing (apart from the being a parent bit) today. 

• Options

All good MC - I too have been of the 'lose the battle win the war' mindset today.  I decided it was a better call to charge my batteries a tinsy bit more than to have another week like this one has been!  I withdrew from the super tour image sad cause I really wanted to do it too.  Husband on the other hand didnt know what to do with a wife still in bed at 10 in the morning, usually Im awake at 5.30 and up by 7 on the weekends image told him to enjoy it while he can - it may be the last for a while image

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Good to hear you're listening to your bodies and not pushing too much. Sometimes you just need a break!

Bruises on my ankle have almost faded and the swelling gone down but taking it easy. Swapping my clipless pedals to normal ones so I'll be able to cycle at some point.

• Options

Glad things improving Sicknote 2 (aka Mikasa). Keep taking it steady. 

Buttercup - I had a lovely lie in too. Was up half the night with this headache. So stayed in bed this morning as on nights tonight. Did you treat yourself to a brew in bed?

Maths- sounds like you're making the right choices for you. thinking of the long term. Looking forward to meeting at Outlaw... 

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

buttercup, well I didn't manage to stay in bed past 8am! But all I did was get brekki and browse the internet. Wondering whether I have a virus actually cos I never feel this washed out, and I seem to be losing my voice...

shame about the supertour buttercup but sometimes it is better just to have a rest

MrsD - I need to be totally fine for outlaw weekend - got lots of supporting to do image

• Options

Mrs D - nurofen with codeine does the trick on nasty headaches and yeah hubby decided to make me brekki in bed and a nice cuppa image

MC - I have booked the day after the Outlaw off work to recharge after all the supporting! 

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

buttercup - wish I could, I'll just have to be tired and grumpy - the kids will never notice the differenceimageimage

• Options

Whats all this lying in bed business! imageimageimage Oh, that would be wonderful. But hubby left early this morning for a 3 week trip to Mongolia and Tuva.

Have trained 6 days this week so am taking today off. Well, apart from leading church this morning and with hubby away the girls and I have just spent 1 1/2 hrs dusting and cleaning the study. But I'm not running, or cycling today

• Options

So, headache is continuing. Have tried everything. Work should be interesting. Can't face training if honest. Tomorrow is another day! 

Chili - cleaning IS training! 

Maths - perceive this time as Outlaw preparation!

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

does that mean I have a month off training so I am in good condition for supporting?

• Options

I think 'taper' is more appropriate! He he....