Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

hope your headache is getting better MrsD. 

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Hope poorly peeps are better.

I have discovered that hours of gardening after a 5k run are not a good mix.

Today I have felt stiff and sore as if I ran a half marathon or something similar. This has been followed by hours walking around the Allergy and Free From show in London with Mr Steady. We got free samples and bought loads of food, eaten nibbles all day long so much so we did not need lunch.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

well done on the eating steady! gardening is a bugger for making you ache, have a good stretch

• Options

Every time my running partner does gardening she gets injured! I reckon gardening is therefore hardcore! Get well everyone.

Sencond attempt at a triathlon today and still absolutely loving it! Must have been a poor field asi finished 4th of 18 in my category- bike is weakest by far.

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

image Well done Emma, which one was it? Should I do it next year if its small I might not be 6th from the bottom.

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

well done Emmaimage

• Options

It was Mid Sussex CJ in Burgess Hill - really really friendly event. You definately wouldn't be at the bottom! I saw a pirate but didn't have enough puff to shout anything piratey - was thinking an 'oor ahh' would be appropriate! It's a zig zag swim across the pool up and down each lane - when the first chap jumped in to start his swim the whole pool errupted with cheers as he started his breastroke - so really friendly.image

The marshalls were fab and really encouraging the whole way round - shouting out your doing weel, even when clearly I wasn't!image

MC - this term always shocks me - it's meant to be esier because the exam classes go but it just gets filled up with even more stuff to do! Take it easy - you'll be back on form soon.image

• Options

Well done Emma! image

Hope everyone has a good week.

• Options

Well done Emma! Feeling better this week so will go for run tomorrow image 

• Options

Hope all the unwell are feeling a bit brighter, well done on the race Emma.

After pants week of training last week, for some unknown reason today went well, 20k on bike followed by 5k run, my furthest yet. Hoping to have first open water swim Thursday evening so by Friday I will have my first triathlon pb of around 3 days and 2 hrs. Progressimage

• Options

emsi - that is one pb you can but improve on! Top work. Enjoy your open water swim!

well done Emma, sounds like a smashing event. My nan lived in that neck of the woods. 

Glad you're feeling better buttercup. I'm struggling with post nights haze. Hoping to run in a bit. 

Hows the taper Maths?

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

well done emsi

I am feeling a bit rubbish, think I might have a temperature. Had to kick the kids out of my classroom when it got to 4:15 - exam in the morning so they are coming back again at 8am. I am glad they care, but it is hard when you don't feel great!

• Options

A brilliant run in the sun yesterday, 12.4 miles @ 9.57 pace, enjoyed every minute of it could have kept running, I felt like Forest Gump. image

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

wow, razor, well done, you have come a long way this year with your running

• Options

Nawww good for you image run Razor run!

• Options

Well done Emsi!

Razor - sounds like a wonderful run.

MC - image sounds rough. Hope you sleep well and feel better soon.

5 hilly mile run today in 48mins which is pretty fast for me image

• Options

Thanks guys, feeing great at the moment, gonna try for an 80miler on the bike with Horse on Thursday, hope the weather stays fine. 27 days to go to Outlaw, can't wait  image

• Options

Steady, that report was heartbreaking.  Really sorry. 

Well done Emma.

I've gone and done it.  Signed up to Southport tri (sprint).  It was the comments on here that gave me the kick up the arse.  I was making excuses.

Have given up the search for a road bike for now.  Bought some slick tyres for my mountain bike as a stop gap.  Went out and did 30k on it yesterday over the same course as the event.  So 10k over the distance - confident about the bike now.  Bloody hard work though and my arse is killing me today.

Did my run ever run after a bike ride as well.  I can see why they are called Brick sessions because I thought I was going to collapse.  My legs just wouldn't work for ages.  Felt like jelly for at least 1k.  Really surprised me that did.

Need to do more of that.

Swimming is coming along great too.  I can do the distance and more each time I go to the pool, which at the minute is 6 or seven times a week.  It just clicked one day.   My technique is probably appalling but I'm focusing on changing one thing each session and not overloading myself.

Really looking forward to the weekend now.  Just need to try my new wetsuit out in the pool this week and then i'm good to go i think.

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Good to hear your training is going well PaddyP.

Check with the pool first regarding wearing a wetsuit, many do not allow as the pool and poolside is too warm once the wetsuit is on. If it is an outdoor pool you may be allowed but expect funny looks.

Oh and building up time gradually in the saddle is better for the backside, says she who has done that silly sort of thing as well.

• Options

Maths - you need a holiday lady! 

Great running Razor, smashing when it feels so good! Hope the bike goes well. 

Nice run Chili, that sounds pretty quick for a hilly run. 

Sounds like its all coming together Paddy. You'll be lightening on race day image

didnt manage to run, still feel in a bubble. I hate nights. Ow swim tomorrow and then need to seriously crack on! 

• Options

Successful weekends for you lot then. Razor - strength to strength! Hoping to be there to support on the day, but it's family and kids dependant.

Paddy - you're doing well. A weekly brick will really help you run off the bike well.

Managed a swim tonight with the club. Strange to leave swimming in daylight.

• Options

Mrs D, sometimes when you feel like shit a good run does you a world of good, get them trainers on and get out the door. image

Paddy, you seem to be making great progress, keep it up. image

Cat, feeling really positive at the moment and things are going well training wise, after last years DNS I'm really looking forward to Outlaw. Hope you will be able to make it to support cos I might need a kick up the arse at some point during the day. image

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

MrsD - have to wait till end of July for my holiday! Still feel rough today so another no-training day. oh well

paddy - well done, you will be great on the day

razor - you doing the whole outlaw or are you part of a relay?

• Options

Razor - that is usually my policy but after a night shift feel like cant actually function. All will go back to normal today. Physio at 12 then Ow swim tonight. Looking forward to seeing everyone at Oulaw! 

Maths - I hope you feel better. Sounds like this is getting you down now. There's no harm in a break to recuperate.

• Options

Afternoon! 1 mile swim today

• Options

Afternoon Chilli, good swim image

Mathschick, I'm doing it all and just hope I've done enough, things seem to be going ok so fingers crossed I don't do anything stupid again now we are so close image

Mrs D, hope all goes well at the physio, enjoy your swim.

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

I went for a swim, well to be correct my first swim since the race. OMG it was hard work, but did a mile before work, had to stop myself falling asleep at the desk this afternoon though.

Pilates tonight, hopefully lots of stretching.

• Options

Good run tonight humid tho' the drizzle was a bit refreshing.  Eww Outlaw is drawing closer and closer boys and girls!  Razor I am quite sure you will do fine - my fingers are crossed!  I'm just waiting for my wetsuit to turn up :/ hope it arrives soonish.