Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options

I remember marmite lady!! Told her it should've been vegemite image

Good way to get back on the horse Steady - I'm really glad you can take good stuff away from the day - it sucks when things don't go to plan image

Wanna do the half next year with me? I'd be up for that!

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Sorry EP, Wild Boar is off for me, but I will be considering either half for next year. I need time to recharge my batteries.

I will be back.

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Steady - it must be hard to work so hard towards something and then not quite make it. Good honest report. Sounds like you've worked out what went wrong for you this time round, poorly toe definitely didn't help. Big hugs and you'll come away stronger from this in time.

• Options

Good report Steady.

SteadyCJ wrote (see)
    I will be back.

Of course you will. Reflect, plan, do, Celebrate. That's the path. Spend the rest of the year focussing on the weak points whilst letting the rest tick over.

Even better, take a month off, or even the summer off training (i.e. do some enjyable cycling) and regroup in September.

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

IronCat, you convinced me to do the Concorde Tri, so I am entered for that. I will take it easy, have my holiday at the end of the month and go from there.

Signed up for Parkrun, my first ever will be this Saturday. I do not care if I walk any or all of it.

• Options

SteaadyCJ, great report with a crappy end, sat here feeling for you, maybe next year and wear some shoes prior to the swim. *Sends virtual Hug*

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Chris, the worst bit was I did wear flip flops down to the start I had taken them off literally 30 seconds before.

Thanks for all the hugs.

• Options

Awww Steady - big hugs. And a lovely honest report.

Cat - so sorry to hear your news of continual injury image Hope the month off heals it.

Shas! How lovely to see you again! So glad you are back with us.

Have been rather busy with work, kids and study but have been running, swimming and cycling too. Tomorrow I do something different  - white water rafting! image Can't wait!

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

oooh, chili - have fun!

steady - loads of people walk parkrun so no shame in that at all. I am planning on going on Satuday as a new one has opened fairly close to me, so long as the cut on my foot from last night isn't still bleeding (oops, maybe I should have gone to the local hospital and got a stitch in it, don't think it is deep, just wide and gaping - too late now though)

• Options

Chilli you will have lots of fun WW rafting is so much fun! Just try and stay in the raft and wear your helmet! image 

• Options
    IronshasIronshas ✭✭✭

Maths, cake, cat, chili - hello!! image How are you all?

Steady - am sorry to hear about your DNF *big hugs* Sounds like you did quite a number on your toe though so I think you did really well for getting as far on the bike as you did!  It must be absolutely gutting though image  But definitely sounds like a good plan to recharge batteries before jumping back on the ship again!

cat - bummer you're on the injury wagon too & will miss Bristol - bah, hate injuries!! image  What have you done to yourself?  Frustrating as it is (really really frustrating!), it is the best long term solution to properly deal with the injury then come back slowly and then hopefully you'll have hit it on the head completely.  Having re-started running more times than I care to count I share your pain (although I just seem to develop a new injury each time so please don't follow that lead image )

chili - have fun WWR - brilliant fun!!

I'm off to a sports massage tonight to try & sort some trouble areas out so bring on the pain!! image

• Options

image Steady (((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))) image

Other than the toe sounds like me at outlaw last year it was a right kick in the teeth and there is nothing worse than being pulled off at some lay-by by a marshall. In turns of mental strenge and stuff it can be something to be used to learn and kick bottom chuckles.

Know you will be back better stronger and with more mischief. image Oh and Marmite lady was a right laugh I was trying to feed her jelly babies on the run.

Shas Had a mixed year afraid and been off poorly sick for a bit but back at it now and just doing a crash course in biking for some races this year. Not expecting to do well but it get's you out of the house and stuff. This weekend I will be at the in-law's for a birthday but sneaking off in the morning and doing this. http://www.wheelpower.org.uk/wpower/index.cfm/featured/mix-96-tour-de-vale-bike-ride/ Not sure it's a good idea because last year I got last and ended up in Helen Hempstead but should be fun. image

• Options

...and there is nothing worse than being pulled off at some lay-by by a Marshall! 

Well I never Mr Cake! 

• Options

Did they charge you Cake? image

• Options

Lol!

The white water rafting was soooo much fun. It was at the Olympic Salom canoe site which is in our town. we had to jump in a few times, but our boat didn't tip over.

And I'm very excited because they are holding some aquathons through the summer. Just short ones - 500m ow swim, 5.5k run . But they are on a Tuesday night so I might be able to get to one or two!

Today seems to be all about water cos tonight we have a Sunday School versus Youth water fight. As Youth and Children's Pastor I guess I'll have to be in middle image

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Sounds like fun and with the weather nice and warm a great day out.

• Options

Steady, just read through your fab report. So sorry about the ending, I know you'll come back stronger! Enjoy your shorter races and give it large! 

Chili, that sounds wicked. Would love to do that.

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

I have just got back on the bike, literally, went for a ride with Mr Steady. The foot is still not happy to pedal, so did 30 minutes on an gentle undulating route, still managed 12.5 mph though so not too bad. I decided to err on the side of caution and not go mad.

Now where is the ice pack?

• Options

2k OW swim last night (15.9c) it felt quite warm, the Wigan Warriors turned up for a swim, I stood next to one of them and I felt like a midget. image

5.5 mile run tonight with Horse, it was 21c but it made a change to run in shorts and vest, avg 9.35 min/mile pace so did alright in the heat. image

• Options

Good job at 'getting back in the saddle' Steady! Hope the ice is doing its job.

Nice swim Razor, sounds like a sunny run out. 

Managed a 1500m swim yesterday, 60min run done today. Improvement from the start of the week. 

Hows injuries and hopefully not so sickly kids? 

• Options

Steady!!!! You have made me blub! What a great report- I think you are fabulous for getting to the start.

With a long distance event like that I really believe the training is actually wRoth the medal. On the day things can knock you off course and you sound likethere's were some odds against you from when you hurt your toe!

You'll be back and stronger for it too! Are you doing east Grinstead again next year? 

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

OK, I have had a word with OH and he is glad to be off the hook and not go to Rutland, so I am going to do the pigletimage Means I won't have recced the route for Dambuster, but never mind, have a feeling I am going to enjoy piglet, and not feel any pressure for time cutoffs, finishing last etc (well, apart from the fact that I might not finish last). Let's all of us that are going to be there make sure we meet up at the end and have ice creams togetherimage

• Options

Nom icecream image top idea MC!

• Options
    mathschickmathschick ✭✭✭

much nicer to sit and have a chat and an ice cream at the end - specially as I will be there on my own, would feel a bit lovely just to get in the car and go home

better go and do my entry....

• Options

Steady, have just burnt the kids tea reading your race report, hope you are feeling a bit less sore by now. Lots of hugs xx

• Options

Good training everyone. Good to get back out Steady? Where are you Parkrunning?

Evening all. Another mental week in Germany with work. Plenty of flooding and a bit of running (which is still cuasing problems). I should really stop running and let the Achilles fix itself. Or I should see the doctor or a phys or something.

Jealous of your running Razorimage

• Options

Am running with Steady at Frimley parkrun & Lord H tomoz Cat. Recover well, old man.....

• Options
    Dustboy wrote (see)

Am running with Steady at Frimley parkrun & Lord H tomoz Cat. Recover well, old man.....

Cool. I shall be there supporting the Cat family. A little bimble can't hurt can it?

• Options

I'm parkrunning too! image It's cake week at ours so I've made a lemon drizzle loaf and some coffee and walnut cup cakes (cos a round cake is hard to cut and eat without plates)

My planned LSR didn't really happen. Only managed 1hr 40 mins cos I was sooooo tired. First time I have struggled to keep my eyes open whilst actually still running.