Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options

haha

mine does clean the bathrooms, that is 'his' job, which is fine, makes him feel useful and he can do it ok. He also iroms

anyway, back to training, did my turbo session, and blimey I can tell I haven't been on a bike for a good few weeks, that felt so hard. Glad I did it 

• Options

Blimey JP, showing your age image

• Options

So JP do you do bathrooms too? image

• Options

No bike tonight as feel generally knackered. Will bob out tomorrow instead. 

I miss the turbo now OH has the bike. Did you Sufferfest Maths?

• Options

I'm getting a bit ranty in my tired state (do you know ranty gets changed to tarantula on iPad!) image

• Options

yes, I did wretched, had forgotten how hard it is!

• Options

We have a lady that does our cleaning and laundry, I never see her but I think she likes me to throw my washing in little random piles because the next day they are gone.

I'm not sure your supposed to clean bathrooms, doesn't it alter the good/bad bacteria balance? or is that just yogurt?

• Options

Hmmm.. luckily we have his and hers bathrooms, but the wife checks mine once a week so i have to keep it clean. And I do the ironing. At my only triathlon, my wife complained that i finished too soon and she made me run the last bit again so she could take photos...

• Options

Mmmm, my hubby is very supportive of our all our events and helps out at parkrun. He often says he wants to join in but hates swimming and running. He cycles a dutch bike and we had a great time in the Spring the two of us (minus 4 kids) cycling to Cambridge, staying over night and cycling home again.

He *can* clean the bathroom and the kitchen floor and does so about once every 2-3months (don't worry, I do it every week!).

When unable to do much due to childbirth or minor opps I have to get everything prepared before hand. In 12yrs of marriage I have been truly sick once. I had laringitis (can't spell) and needed to go to bed. However, we had just arrived at our holiday destination and so I had made several days of meals/cakes etc. I still had to drag myself up to help with the kids. They are older now and I think he would cope better. The girls wouldn't. They would be devestated if I was ill and stayed in bed... they would think the world had come to an end!

• Options

In other news....

My girls did their first aquathon this evening! imageimage Am soooo proud of them. 100m OW swim and 600m run. They said it was freezing and horrible and they can't wait to do it again. It's the first time they have swam open water and they found it quite a challenge. All the children came out complaining of a headache cos of the cold water. Lovely chunk of a medal image

Then an hour later it was the adult's turn. So I did 500m swim, 5.5k run. Great fun. (despite mild migrane and feeling nauseous all day)

• Options

well done chili and your girls

been for a lovely run this morning with hill reps. Still run/walk but getting there. I have a massive insect bite on my left calf that made running painful thoughimage might have to visit the dr for that. physio this afternoon and hopefully I will get to the gym while older boy has his swimming lesson

• Options

It was freeeezing this morning on the bike, and dark, but I soon warmed up, might be time to dig out the arm warmers

I'm defo going to the tri club swim sesh tonight, hopefully have a run heavy week next week as this weeks been all about the bike and swim, still doing 2 sesions a day, not had a CBA moment as yet.

I have noticed that I am one ride away from my first 1000 miles on my (new ish) bike, I will have to crack open a bottle of protein shake to celebrate image

• Options

JP - I'm struggling with the CBA at the moment. Split nights leave me a bit 'all over the shop'! Determined to get out on bike this am. You're hitting it hard me dear!

Fair play Chili, your girls rock! Well done to you and them image

Good run Maths, hope the leg ok.

• Options

And as an afterthought, the world is clearly run by women!

• Options

MrsD I am seriously struggling with CBA in terms of doing housework. I normally ignore it mostly as I am at work or out training/ferrying kids around, but in the holidays I do like to get the house looking nice, but I just hate it! I could never be a housewife!

• Options
    MrsDigger (aka sicknote) wrote (see)

And as an afterthought, the world is clearly run by women!

Thank god, imagine the piles of washing up if it wasn't. *ducks back under the desk*

• Options

I had a bad case of CBA last week and a touch of man flu image

But I'm hitting it hard this week mainly out of guilt which has always been my strongest form of motivation, and having a low opinion of myself means I always exceed my expectations........which is nice image

• Options
    image I need to admit I rarely clean the bathroom. It's not lack of interest it's more lack of motivation.
    JPGoodboy wrote (see)

Reading the above comment and suddenly I'm reminded of Last of the summer wine image

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_AzT5pruwnbg/SwnuwnlMs0I/AAAAAAAAIO8/KX-dB7OsXlM/s400/Edie+Pegden+1980s.jpg

image In teresting enough they filmed LOTSW near me if it gives any off you a idea of the local hills and makes you want to play on them at some point. image

JPGoodboy wrote (see)

I have noticed that I am one ride away from my first 1000 miles on my (new ish) bike, I will have to crack open a bottle of protein shake to celebrate image

Dude would a celibratealy meal at cosmo be to much? You could hang around the chocolate fountain? image

• Options

I think I could squeeze an all you can eat sesion into my training plan, I'd probably do a "Dawn French" in the fountain image (thats not Coventry rhyming slang by the way)

• Options

Hey Pixie you is a pirate!!!! Obviously you needed that sleep image 

*squees with delight* chocolate fountain!! Mine!

• Options

I did some house work this morning!! Hoovering, even changed the bag.

Does it count as cross training? Garmin didn't pick up well indors though.image

Did most of it in Zone 4.

• Options

JP - man flu is serious stuff! Glad you're feeling better! 

Quality sleeping EP! Clearly needed it! image

So, did a run instead of bike. On the agreement I get up early Sun and bike with OH. Sat might even be our first parkrun. Should be a good weekend. 

Back off the fountain Buttercup image

Maths - CBA'd regarding housework is totally allowed!

• Options

Indeed it does Binman.... Looks like an interval session! image

• Options

I'm so blonde I only just worked out what CBA means image was all ready to google it and all!

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Gosh this thread moves so fast...I'm having difficulty keeping up with all this moving malarkey.

ButterCup - well done on your previous massive weight loss. I agree having a timeline would work better. My goals is to lose at least a stone or stone and a half before holiday at the end of November. And this time I mean it! Have already changed my eating habits and still working on them.

MrsDigger - Agree about concentrating on what you and and do do and not just what you can't. I did have a period when I didn't want to do stuff cos I knew it was going to be harder but the mtb holiday to the Alps changed that. I know I'm not going to as fast as I was previously and I can live with that and work towards it again.

My OH can do everything but the standard he's happy living with is much lower than mine. Atm he lives away during week so does no housework at home. I'll start cracking the whip again when we're under the same roof.

Well done Chili's girls on Aquathlon, sounds like good fun!

Friend is training for the Bristol HM and wanted to go for a 40min tempo run at lunch time today. I said I would try to keep up and go as far as I could. Managed 4.02miles in 43:26 which is furthest I've gone for a while and the quickest. It was hard but really happy with 10:49 m/m average.