Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options

Hahahaha MC you sound like me before I quit teaching I enjoyed the teaching bit didn't enjoy the other crap that went along with it.  

• Options

there are also all the bloody young upstarts/ladder climbers that are now getting positions of power and are really rubbish at their jobs that are doing my head in!!

• Options

Hi Everyone

Sorry I have been AWOL for a while. The first week of January started well but then my health went seriously downhill. So I cut out the swimming and cycling and just did a few short plods and walks until my operation on 11th Feb. Then I had to take 2 weeks off. So I have just now started moving again.

Today I ran 5k image in 39 mins image but moving felt good image

I shall stick to 5k for the next week and try to build up my fitness. Shall add cycling and swimming back in when I feel ready.

I've read back a few days and I hope you are all feeling better and injuries are healing!

MC - hope you get the call you want about the job.

• Options

Welcome back Chilli, glad to hear your on the mend image

Set out for a long run this morning but after 1 mile I knew it wasn't going to happen, after 1/2 mile my head started spinning and I  was wandering all over the path so had to jack it in  and plod and walk the mile back home image My legs felt fine and the painkillers were working on my back but they also were making me really drowsey this is why I think I felt light headed and was wandering all over the path.

Iv'e got an appointment with a chiropractor tomorrow evening so hopefully he can sort me out and I can stop the painkillers.

• Options

oh razor, that doesn't sound good, hope the chiropractor can sort it out for you

I managed a 15 mile run/walk this morning, but felt trashed towards the end, don't think it helped that I was doing laps that included a hill, it is just easier to do laps that keep me near the leisure centre so I can pop in and get water/use the loo as necessary. 

managed to spend a couple of hours this afternoon with my feet up though so feel fine to go swimming tonight, just have stiff hips. I have done a bit of rollering

• Options

Hellloooo Chili, we missed you!

Aw Razor, you're not supposed to be fallible crying out loud image

Well done MC, tidy work. I managed a very cold and wet 12miles tonight. Glass of wine is easing the pain image

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Glad to hear you are back Chili.

Did anyone miss me? I went on a very last minute holiday to Majorca and did a bit of cycle training out there. Only back late last night and so much to catch up on including writing a letter to the council objecting to a planning application.

I hope to be able to read back a little bit more tomorrow.

• Options

steady - wondered where you had been! I bet it was lovely in Majorca

MrsD - well done on your run

somehow I managed to swim tonight too image

• Options

Hi Chili *waves*

Razor - fingers crossed for you that things start to get better really soon.

Way to grab a break Steady, that sounds great - I hope you brought some of that sunshine back with you. 

Last week I was a little off-colour.  I just forced myself to do an LSR, otherwise the week was a bust.  Last week's Fink will be a do-over to get me back on track. 

• Options

Feeling much better this morning image just in time for work - apparently four days of no training (2 of which were on my couch) has helped no end.  Biked to work this morning - only got a little puffy at the end of the ride to the uni and I think that was because it was a little cooler in Nottingham than LB.  So dependent on how my energy levels are at the end of the bike ride home the run might be a go-er after all which makes me happy.

PS all you ladies who are doing big miles - well done image - now feeling guilty tho' at having done little last week.

• Options

what I need is a long time without injury that I can build up my stamina.  Is it too much to ask?

Anyway, 5k at lunch 27.19min. 

MC, 15 miles! well done you!

• Options

image Well done guys and Razor hope your ok. Maths are you going to be seeing the kids in a centre if you get the job? Might be to far to travel but got some contections with places in the peakdistrict and sheffield you might find useful depending on the kids. Don't really want to go in depth on here but next time see you if you get it might be able to point you to some resources/funding depending on stuff.

• Options

Hey guys,

I see that the Derby Triathlon has posted dates on there Facebook page, well the series of races... Any of you guys thinking of any of them? If so which ones?

• Options

Yes you do Pix image the HM is the 23rd too image ah well it will be piratey lot of fun image

• Options

No but I'm sure you can come yell at us to go faster and mind the cake for us image

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

No, cake, not Cake.

• Options

Cake is running is he not?

• Options

buttercup - glad you are feeling better now

pete - what injuries are you getting? You might need to do some strengthening stuff

legs feeling good today, I have done a gentle turbo instead of going to swimming to loosen the legs up for a run tomorrow, and not swimming means I can get an early night

cake - would be interesting to hear about those places, I'm sure we'll see each other at some event or other soon image

• Options

Hi Gang, its seems my back problem is down to my Sacroiliac joint and nothing more serious image. The Chiropractor says my pelvic muscles are solid and it is making my hips and left leg weak causing all sorts of imbalances, so no running until she sorts me out. image

Everything felt a lot better after, so got another appointment next week.

Mrs D, have you dried out after your 12 miler image

Maths, well done on your 15 miler image

EP, glad to hear youv'e got your mojo back image

• Options

razor - good news, you'll be sorted soonimage

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Good news Razor, no doubt more exercises to do, but if it sorts it out, all well and good. It is amazing how the body compensates one muscle imbalance with another muscle working hard until it gives out and yet another has to do the work.

I am looking forward to my massage tomorrow, I had booked it ages ago to be ready for the HM at the weekend, but all the cycling and walking last week has left me with very tight muscles down one side again. I will be using the foam roller shortly.

• Options

Razor I did my SI joint a couple of years back - that was not fun at all I hurt whether I sat down, lay down or stood up - went to an osteopath who told me what the prob was said it had forced other things out of whack - did some manipulation there and then - I seriously slept for like 12 hours solid that night - continued with the stretching and exercises and it resolved itself.  It is still the weaker side hence the trouble this month - hope your's gets better quickly!!

• Options
    Suckitup, I had all sorts of problems and it all stemmed from my SI joint, like You said it throws everything out of whack so it looks like I'll be doing lots of stretching in the near future. just took paracetamol today and the back feels fine so fingers crossed things are on the mend.

Steady, enjoy your massage.