Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options

Will be looking out for you strutting your stuff JP - woop woop.

Manimal - get on the feedstation at Outlaw. Soooo much fun. Almost gutted will be missing it this year! Got to run or something instead image

Mmmm.... Kebabs!

Maths & Mikasa - look after yourselves. 

I've had a fees days to rest the knee. Seems ok now so back to it tomorrow. Contemplating nipping to Bristol for a big of OW at the weekend image

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

JP, I will eagerly await my next issue of the magazine.

Pete, glad to hear you got a good leaving pressie.

Maths and Mikasa, hope my hip problems have not be catching.

Just heard tonight that I have a place through the cycle club to the Ride London 100 event in August, my name was drawn out of a hat (well it really was a plastic bag) as more people wanted to do it than club places available. Just now need to get some serious training in, as they intend riding as a team, peleoton style the whole way in club kit of course.

• Options

Good luck with that Mrs D! Well done you Steady!

• Options

Go on Mrs D you know it will make sence which place are you going to swim to?

Nice one CJ

Manimal70 wrote (see)
    SuckitupButterCup wrote (see)

Dirty big kebab is about 1800 calories in one sitting image IM food that is!

I rest my case image

Prenty of good takeaway's at trent bridge around the corner but just in case they don't allow you to use the drive thro on a bike I've tried.

• Options

evening

pete - hope your new job works out well

I couldn't get up early enough to run this morning but off to swimming tonight. Tapering anyway so I suppose it doesn't matter too much!

• Options
    AliBear30AliBear30 ✭✭✭

It should be a bingo today for me today I have swum and run but still need to bike, I feel it might have to be a turbo session later this evening.

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

I have cycled, in a still happy state mixed with a bit of fear at doing 100miles. I did an hour, just went out for a little loop around the area and managed 13.7 miles. imageimageimage

I am so happy that the bike fit and all the turbo and spin sessions seem to have worked magic.
    Tomorrow I will swim then run in the afternoon, not sure how that will go as I missed my long run/walk last week and had 3 days of resting, will probably do 1 min run and 2 min walk.

• Options

Steady 10k for me this afternoon and I wont run again until Sheffield half on sunday.

• Options

70ish lengths swum and full commute home - did the ride in 1hr 21 mins - get in! Fastest time yet by 9 mins! Was trying to keep my cadence up and go as fast as I could image am happy with that!

Well done Steady!!! 

PS: does anyone have Pirates cycling top that I could wear on my Sportive April 26th? Please and Thank you?

• Options

well done Buttercup.  9 minutes! wow.

Steady, good cycling!

I ran in the wind and rain tonight.  It was the same route as monday, but my garmin got confused and had me running through fields and leaping hedges.

• Options

PM me Buttercup image

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Options

buttercup - remind what that sportive was because I think I wanted to do it too, but I am losing track of almost everything!!

the pollution round here is driving me mad, was really bad when I was coming home from swimming last night so instead of running this morning I turoboed. Hoping it will clear as promised and I can run tonight. Also hoping to get out on the bike tomorrow!

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Just about got to physio appointment on time. Terrible traffic due to broken bus somewhere. Took 35 mins to do less than 3 miles.

Anyway, good news is that she doesn't think the discomfort I'm still feeling is anything to do with ligaments etc. and just thinks it's muscular tightness. Unfortunately, she doesn't think cycling is the best thing I can do as your hip flexors are obviously scrunched up and I already work in the office sitting down about 6hrs a day. I'm still allowed to do it, just depends where I want to put an emphasis in recovery. She wants me to do lots and lots of exerices/work on the glutes. Walking backwards/backward lunges,clams,bridge etc and stretch,stretch, stretch everything. My quads are sooo tight!

• Options
    SuckitupButterCup wrote (see)

PS: does anyone have Pirates cycling top that I could wear on my Sportive April 26th? Please and Thank you?

Buttercup just in case any good there is a good sportive down south near cockney land linky Done it before and enjoyed it even if I did get lost and ended up in Hemel Hempstead. image

• Options

It's the Dare-to-Be Sportive out Super Caz's way image I'm doing the 77 mile option

http://ridewithgps.com/routes/4043592

http://www.itpevents.co.uk/event/the-dare-2b-rutland-cicle-tour

There is another one the following week - Tour of the National Forest that I need to be doing too - need to sign up for it!

http://www.titaniumcyclingevents.co.uk/events/TONF/National_Forest_Intro.html 

I will do the 100 k option if you want to join me image

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

Mikasa, your problems sound very similar to mine. I find that at every opportunity whilst at work I stretch or at least stand up at desk for a minute and do a little stretch, drives the others bonkers but they know the worst will be me screaming if I go into cramp so they accept it. Also when I go to make a coffee or nip to the loo I do a few stretches, even been known to stand on one leg only while waiting for the kettle to boil.

I did about 80 lengths of FC this morning then swapped into the slow lane for a bit of backstroke and breaststroke for cool down.

The run/walk will be later.

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

I'm actually blaming mainly weight gain as never had serious problems with my hips before. So, who was up to that Thread Weight Loss Programme???

Just really demotivated atm. image

Though had pizza and prosecco for lunch today on the company due to unveiling their new website. image

• Options

Buttercup me and sarah have been talking about it assuming you've been talking to her on the internet. Might be down for it but not made a decition yet. If we do it will mean doing a event every weekend in for next two months through so might be a to much even for sarah. image

• Options

hi all

buttercup - I need to talk to OH because I did fancy the National Forest one, but the kids are both at camp that weekend and he might be thinking of us doing something together rather than me sodding off somewhere with my bikeimage or he might think 'great she is gone and I can stay in bed and play computer games all day without being moaned at'!! I'll talk to him this weekend. If I did Rutland it would have to be the 57 mile option not the 77 as I haven't even been out on my road bike since the autumn! Have done a lot of turbo, but have focused on the running lately...

mikasa - I could do with a thread weight loss programme. Do you want to keep it on here rather than a new thread? We could weigh in every Friday or something! Either put real weight, or if that seems embarrassing any loss/gain and what helped/ruined it?

right, youngest has a friend round and I need to cook for them, then I might slip out for a run as the smog seems to have lifted, I can actually see the trees at the back of the house and was even a hint of a sky above me 

• Options

Yeah I'm probably going to go out and bike with MC instead of the Stratford Tri - so will have an event sort of ever other week image

Which one did you want to do Cake?

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

MC - good idea, let's just keep it here. Keep all the motivation in one place. image
    Next Friday - official first weigh in as a line in the sand. Keep tabs as you wish. Now I might actually have to stop eating so much...image

• Options

got out for a run did 2 miles run/walk then ran 1 mile continuously to see how quickly I could do it, 10:43 - 30 seconds quicker than last time I bothered to time a mile continuous running. Training works image

• Options
    SteadyCJSteadyCJ ✭✭✭

I did not go for a run/walk, next door and further down the road had very smoky and smelly bonfires which just added to the smog so I stayed indoors.

• Options

Up earlyish had to negotiate the starting time with husband since he didn't have a sleep in at all last week - so am dressed finishing cuppa and then will be out the door and hopefully off on my way to the belvoir country image nice long ride will see how my legs are!

• Options

steady - a wise choice, I think although the visible pollution had gone there must have still been lots of nasty stuff in the air because I was feeling sick and a bit chesty all evening after my run image

even though I am on holiday now, work stress kept me awake at night image

didn't manage to get up early enough to get out on the bike, oh well, a weekend off now as we are dropping the kids off soon and heading to the peaks - let's hope the air is a bit clearer - there is sign of wind here so that will help image

buttercup - OH moaned when I tested out the idea of the National Forest sportive because we are spending time 'together' with the kids away, I made him promise that that time would be spent biking!! More likely to be mountian biking and only if the weather is good though or he won't want to. Undecided about the Rutland one as Saturdays are mad here. I might just have a spin round the Southwell loop of the Outlaw half a few times that weekend to try to get up Oxton Bank. Don't want to embarrass myself when we do it together in May!!

have a great weekend everyone

• Options

MC they do a shorter version as well I think like 40k? If the kids are up for it image  

4hr bike out this morning - head wind and hills made for a slow 82ish km forgot about the big hill at about 42k image good practice tho' - win for mental toughness!

• Options

Quality trip out Buttercup. Mileage coming on nicely image

Enjoy you time without the kiddies MC - whatever you do. 

Mikasa - know how you feel. I will stand up and be counted. Weighed 13st 13lb previous to starting my triathlon adventure . I have lost a bit was 12st 7lb last week. Lost 2lb this week. Weighed in Friday so starting weight for our "Training for a LEANER Tri" is 12st 5lb. Bring it on!  Turbo tonight! 

Dont blame anyone for not training in the Smog.

• Options

Oo... Digger gets his new bike tomorrow. Boardman Team Carbon!

http://www.boardmanbikes.com/road/road_team_carbon.html

Don't know if link will work. He's very excited because it's yellow & black!

• Options

got up late...7.30ish, went out for a quick single lap (5miles) to test out part of my leaving present...a garmin edge cycle computer...but I can't seem to make it connect to garmin connect...I guess I need to read the instructions...

Great riding butter cup,

I'm up for the weigh in thing...