Options

Training for a shorter Tri

Comments

• Options

so hopefully this works...i've been weighed regularly at work over the last couple of years...can you spot when I went in for my operation? and my injury soon after recovering from my operation?

it's a good idea to build your own graph, but it can be a bit demoralising, especially if you've worked hard at exercise/diet over a week and it doesn't show on the graph.

/members/images/685592/Gallery/weight.jpg

• Options

Nice bike Digger!  Sorry Pete only know how to connect my 310xt image

• Options

Well the big day arrives tomorrow , my first half marathon in 25 years . Kick off Sheffield at 9am image.

• Options

Woop woop, go on Manimal! 

It is nice Buttercup and better than mine. Gutted as I'm paying for it! 

Pete - my weight went on after a couple of injuries and a couple of operations. Seems to take so much longer to come off! image 

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Good luck Manimal!

I'm thinking about getting a second opinion on my hip. Seriously, it's been 5 weeks now and I'm getting really frustrated. Maybe I'll give it another week with these exercises but I just don't know anymore...image

• Options

Good luck Manimal, I'm doing the Manchester Marathon tomorrow, nuff said.

• Options
    mikasamikasa ✭✭✭

Good luck to you too Razor! Keep away from the wall.image

• Options

Thankyou all for the good luck wishes I will let you know how I get on, not expecting a fast time as I've not been able to train as much as I'd have liked due to injury.

Good luck Razor for the Manchester marathon hope all goes well image

• Options

Go Manimal and Razor...I understand that those that know say JFDI and GFTW or something.

Yeah MrsD, it's not coming off...although the thought of giving my skin tight pirate top an outing in 15 days is worrying me slightly.

Mikasa, big hugs! I don't think there is any harm in getting a second opinion...good luck.

And I worked out how to connect my garmin...you have to plug it in to the usb port...how old fashioned is that?  I'm used to my watch magically connecting as soon as I get in to the room!image

• Options

Yellow and Black makes everyone look AWESOME!!

Go hard Manimal image

• Options

Suckitup, I hope it does cos I'll be wearing mine, I will have Horse and Cake for company.  image

• Options

I just don't pay much mind to photographic evidence otherwiseimage tight kit will make me super speedy…..

• Options

It is true, yellow & black makes everyone look awesome! 

Good luck Mr Razor, Horse (very much enjoyed you in just a pinny) image and Cake!

Mikasa - I hope things get sorted for you.

• Options

Well me and the missus have had a chat, and re-evaluated what we want to achieve. The result is next payday we're putting in our entries for the Bamburgh Castle half-iron triathlon, on the 27th July. Quite a timely decision, as Monday would mark the start of the 16 week build up required to follow one of the plans from the Fink half book. Means when the day rolls up for the Great North Run, it'll seem nice and easy as it won't be preceded by a 1.9km swim and a 56 mile bike....

• Options

DB are you coming down for the Wild Boar in September?

• Options

Sadly not as it's the same day as the Great North Run

• Options

Oooh Bamburgh is nice I feel tempted.... Not close enough for me to get there in a day so needs thinking and negotiations. 

Manimal I see from the news that Sheffield was a shambles s which is a real shame, hope you are OK. 

Razor cake and horse hope you are surviving Manchester.

Nice new bike for digger image

We had a nice chil out time but have arrived at in lkaws to pick up kids now so back to reality!

hoping to find time for a run later and normal Sunday swim session later

• Options

It's going to be a great setting for it certainly. Fairly local for us so seemed like a no-brainer

• Options

Hope you still ran Manimal!

• Options

so OH just caught me looking at the Bamburgh Tri page and said 'you're not planning on doing that?'image

• Options

Just seen about Sheffield. What a nightmare. I too hope you still ran Manimal! 

Caught out MC! image

Just been out on the bikes... Forget how much fun it is! 

• Options

Hi all, yes I still ran , I was one of the "rebel" runners. We were kept waiting at the start for over 45 minutes before a rumour spread through the crowd about a lack of water and the race being cancelled,  there was a chorus of boos then 2 mins later we were off and running. There was no water at the first two feed stations, but then people from the crowd and local shops started handing water to runners (god bless them) . I ran well up to about 7.5 miles was looking at 1.45 ish then disaster struck and my foot went pop horrendous pain in my upper foot just before the toes, I tried to walk it off but no dice any incline I came to was agony but im not one for quitting and ran hobbled my way to a 1.56 finish....my foot is painful and swollen now but I think I might pay a higher price tomorrow for my foolishnes image. Very disappointed with the organisation , there were people at the finish who still had no idea that the race had been cancelled.  On the other hand the actions of the locals restores your faith in the human race, so theres always an up side image

• Options

I know EP already have it iced ..... nice to see you back image

• Options

oh manimal that's not good, lots of rest and ice. 

EP - I had better get my entries in then for the FB events. Mind you, might want to know what the changes are ....Who would want to do a swim clinic at 4:15 on the morning of a race???

nice slow 6 mile amble(run/walk) this afternoon a swim with the club this evening planned

• Options

or maybe I read that wrong and the swim clinic is 4:15 pm the day before image

• Options

I think I missed the full stop and read ....on the morning of the race professional triathlete Craig Twigg....

anyway, I'll sort my entries to the sprint and the wild boar soon