Options

Inspire "Elders"

Comments

• Options

Hello all

What a beautiful day it has been today!

Q - how is your shoulder?

I managed a 14 miles run...just about this morning...really hard as only done 10 miles twice since VLM! Really aching now!

• Options
    Well done Mad... How is your foot behaving?
    Hi Q
    30 mile run/walk done. Only took me 8 and a half minutes longer than my "ideal" plan of 6 hours so I'm very happy. No cramping either image
  • Options
    Oh, and it was in heavy driving rain for the whole time.. Humph... Jealous of your lovely weather Mad
  • Options

Cabbey well done to you and G

Mad top marks for the 14 miler

I have Mablethorpe half mara tomorrow, somebody has told me it's going to be 28 degrees........panic!!!!

• Options

well done on the run mad, the shoulder's improving nicely don't have to go back to the fizz for a month

great running cabbey, what's rain image

good luck tomorrow RP

• Options

Morning all

Cabby - well done on the 30 miles..decent time too, how do you feel today?

Q - good to hear the shoulder is improving.

RP - GOOD LUCK with you HM today..take it easy in this heat.

I am really aching after the 14 miler yesterday, foot is a bit sor but not as bad as I was expecting! Looks like it might be another lovely day todayimage

• Options
    I've awoken to grey skies and pouring rain again, but we are going home and stopping off at Start Fitness in Newcastle on the way home. Yesterday my new trail shoes... Yes, new for a 30 miler... Eek, were fabulous. I wore no plasters or gel toe caps and came back without a mark on my feet... So, I've realised my current road shoes are too small and I need to go up a half size.
    For anyone looking for a fabulous trail shoe try Salomon XC .... Awesome!

RP good luck for the half today

Mad, glad your foot is not too bad. I'm feeling a bit stiff today but it's probably too early to comment as I'll probably feel worse later!
  • Options

morning all

9 miles this morning, shoulder a little achy but bearable

• Options

morning all. well done cabbey.  good luck rp. well run q.  my knee appears to be well and truly fecked.

• Options
    Min........ What have you done to it????
  • Options

Min - that's not good..what is the problem?

Cabby - I am thinking of getting some trail shoes..would I go for the same size as my road shoes?

Q - well done on yoru 9 miler!

• Options
    Yeah, same size as road shoes.
    Well done on the 9 miles Q
    Min, has this injury just come on this week? image we've all had a nightmare this time around haven't we?
  • Options

Min whats wrong?

Well considering I was feeling very doubtful, I manged a 1hr 54 min in the lovely sunshine. The foot has been great and I feel loads better! I had issues with the organisation/marshalling and suitably posted them, not a happy bunny but i tis a long story and I will tell you over a glass of bubbly in a couple of weeks!! Also, we manged to get to Sandy's race on time and he came 1st!! so a good day in the RP household.

• Options

hello all

Cabbey well done 30 miles shame you didn't have the hot weather for it.  You should have come over here and done our marathon, the poor people must have roasted doing it this morning.  *makes note of trail shoes - although I'm sure that I'll still forget the name of them!!!*

((())) Min what's wrong with your knee?  Hope it's ok for Amsterdam

Well done Q on your 9 miles - hope your shoulder keeps improving

MWW well done on your 14 miles, hope that your foot isn't too bad now

RP hope your HM wasn't too hot for you.

Hi Bexs *waves*

I have my fingers firmly crossed that my foot is on the mend.  Either that or the strapping is working and it'll go back to how it was when it comes off (not looking forward to that bit, it seems to have super glued itself to my foot).  I'll phone the physio tomorrow to see what I should do next.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

• Options
    well done RP great time especially in this heat.  Glad that your foot is ok too.  Shame about the marshalling/organisation issues.  Pass on my congratulations to Sandy too
  • Options
    S'berry thank you and I will
  • Options

thats not good min

well done on your race RP and congratulations to sandy on his win

• Options
    Morning all

Min, how is your knee today? Is this the ITB thing?
    RP pass on our conrats to Sandy, and sorry to hear you had such a nightmare with the organisation at your race.

I have stiff hips this morning, just going to go for an easy 3 miles tonight to try and work them out a bit... Then stretchy stretchy yoga!
    Shame I have a stock take to do first though image
  • Options

morning all

hope the run helps cabbey

• Options
    morning all and big YAY YAY YAY for Sandy - he's too good!  well run you too RP - brilliant going in that heat.  we went to skeggie for donuts and it was so hot, there's no way I could have done a 5k let alone a HM or M in it!  Good news re your foot SB, I will keep everything x'd for you. knee is really aching today - it's been aching when I run for a few weeks now but I thought that was due to the mileage (if you don't ache during marathon training surely you're not trying hard enuff).  last week's lsr was a definite i shouldn't have done that!  and now i don't know what to do.  it's hard to believe that it's itb as that doesn't ache at all.  i've got a support on today and taking ibuprofen and bio freeze (obviously applying it, not taking it image) and i would pray but that would mean getting down on my knees and I don't think that's such a good idea!
  • Options
    and my car is being towed away today too!  what's the 3rd thing going to be?
  • Options
    Oh Min image I had really bad ITB after Loch Ness and had it for a very long time... still ran on it mind you. Tags has ongoing issues and still runs on his but he swears by the massage stick and says if he doesn't roller it every day he gets problems and if he uses it religiously he's ok. I so hope you can get it sorted. What about pure cross training for the next fortnight and no running?  Look how well Tags does when he does that image
  • Options
    Min Is it runners knee, that hurts like h*ll, and resting it will sort the problem out. I agree cross training or do what I did, just walk instead.image
  • Options
    I've ordered one of those ITB knee strap things and my car's come back in one piece image
  • Options
    Tags has the knee strap... Never runs without it. And if he can do 30 miles with it, then I'm sure after all the hard work youve put into training you'll be grand image
  • Options
    it makes me chuckle thinking about what the fetchie amsterdam photo would look like if we all bandaged up everthing that hurt...this springs to mind
    http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/258954/Gallery/mummy.gif

• Options
    yellow and red preferable image
  • Options

Hello all

Min - take care with that knee..really hope it sorts itself out before Amsterdam!

I am very tired..have been up all night...children stress. Any hints on persuading my daughter to stay in 6th form.She has only been there a few weeks, decided she doesn't like it and rather than dicsuss alternatives has said she is going to give up! She is a bright girl...just don't know what to do!