Options

Inspire "Elders"

Comments

• Options
    Tough call Mad.... My honest opinion is to let her go her own way. I was 3 years into graphic design with one year to go and one day I walked out and never went back. my family were very concerned but I found my own way image
  • Options

Morning All! image

4 days back, sunburnt already....

Mad - you have mail...

((Min))

Sorry, in a rush. Laters!
  • Options

Mad - tell her the minute she leaves is the minute she has to pay her own way re rent food etc.... (I'm pure evil!)

Hi Farby, that was a fleeting visit - seemed to go very quickly image

• Options

morning all

hard one mad, i dropped out of college before i even started to take a job

hi farby

hows the knee today min

• Options

Hello all

Min - exactly what I said last night!

Farby - thank you so much.

Q - me too..but went back to night school a few years later..then Uni!

Daughter seems a bit calmer today..I think we may go to the school for a chat when hubby is back home on Thursday!

• Options
    Oh... when you said she wants to leave 6th form I actually presumed she had an alternative plan Mad! I walked out of graphics and into the navy... image
  • Options
    LOL Cabbey! No she has no plan! She seems a bit happier today so fingers crossed!
  • Options

Hello all

MWW don't know what to suggest, my mum thought it wasn't a good idea for me to go to 6th form, as my brother didn't do well, so of course I went to prove her wrong!!  Although with mine I would probably tell them that they would have to start paying rent etc.

How are everyone's aches and pains?  RP I love that picture

• Options
    Glad she's feeling better Mad.
    Hi S'berry.... Hows your foot?

I've just done my intervals. Chill out time! image
  • Options

Morning all

well done on the intervals Cabbey, hope you had a fab chill out

*touches wood before typing this* my foot seems ok (touches wood again) I took the strapping off (surprisingly easy!) on Monday having spoken to the physio and I can go for a run tomorrow if I have no pain today (touches wood again and crosses fingers)  I only have to speak to the physio again if I have any problems and she will show me how to strap my foot, as it seemed to help a lot.  I also have new shoes - normal and running image

• Options

S'berry my fingers are crossed for you.

MWW I agree with Min, if she wants to leave school then she needs to be able to support herself. I tell this to my eldest all the time to make him push himself harder with his school work. (maybe a day working will give her the momentum to stay on. Even if it is a day of washing, cleaning, cooking etc) it might work

• Options

hello all

s'berry - I hope your foot is okay today?

Thanks for all your suggestions...daughter seems a bit calmer and is talking a bit more sense now. At the moment we seem to have averted a crisis!

No running since Monday as OH has been away but will try to get out before work!

• Options

I ran image and it was painfree.  Ok a couple of little niggles just to let me know that it was there, but nothing to be really concerned about, just to keep an eye on.

MWW hope that you can all work something out so everyone is happy.

• Options

well done on the intervals cabbey

well done on the run s'berry

hope you get something worked out mad  

• Options

I have cba's!!!

so far today I spent either pottered around the house doing jobs or watching 'waking the dead' .I really can not be bothered to go to the gym or for a run or a cycle....help

• Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just dropped by to let you know I'm still around! image

Having got my left shoulder sorted last week, my right shoulder siezed up over the weekend image I contacted the doctor and got a repeat prescription of the anti-inflammatories. He pointed me towards a local osteopath as he thought my neck might be the cause of both problems. Saw the osteopath yesterday who checked/manipulated me and although he said my neck is tighter and stiffer than it should be, he thought the rotator cuff on the right shoulder was the main cause of the muscle pain and was going to discuss with my doctor. I have another osteopath appt on Monday and running is off the agenda for the time being.

I *did* try going out last Sunday before my shoulder got too bad. I only managed 4 miles and had to stop at the turnaround point and on the way back as I couldn't get my breath and was really tired by the end (Mrs Wm noticed how worn out I looked when I staggered through the door). That was only the 2nd run in the last four weeks so I'm not surprised I've lost some fitness. A friend of mine has just joined my running club and I think I'll be joining her and the other beginners when I get back there. I've pretty much decided to scrap the idea of doing the Billericay 10K on 6th November - I doubt I would get round without stopping. There are some more local 10k's coming up in November so I'll probably aim for one of them instead.

• Options
     morning everyone
  • Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭

Morning all,

Shoulder had been improving day by day but seems worse this morning. Could be follow on from being yanked around by osteo on Wednesday. Or could be me holding my pint in my right hand for too long at the running club social last night! image I got dragged along there by my friend C who has just joined the running club as a beginner. Mrs Wm was out at a concert so drinkies with running mates was a much better option than another night of TV. 

• Options

Morning all

Mel, hope your shoulder keeps improving.... maybe I should rename this thread to the Injured Inspirers image

I know how you feel RP... I have to plan a 2 hour run tomorrow and I feel very UNinspired by the routes I have to chose from... just want it to be over tbh image

Can I have a quick shameless plug please image http://www.justgiving.com/Claire-and-Graeme

• Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭

Hi Cabbey,

Well, we are the self-named 'elders'. So only to be expected it's more of a sick house than a club  house at times image LOL

• Options

LOL Mel! I hope your shoulder improves quickly!

Cabby - good luck with the 2 hour run!

I am hoping for another 13 ish miles tomorrow. Probably shouldn't as HM is next weekend, but as training has been so poor I think I need the miles in my legs!

• Options

evening. I still have the CBA's, so being constructive, I sorted my triathlon training plan for the next 36 weeks. As I was putting the weeks into my diary, I realised that if I really wanted to, I could enter the ironman tri instead of just a team as it fits in with the training (almost), but that would mean running another bl**dy marathon. So scratch that one!!!!!!

PLEASE KEEP REMINDING ME 'NO MARATHONS AND DEFINATELY NO IRONMANS!!

• Options

morning all

an easy run this morning

• Options
    Morning all.

Well done on the run Q
    I've done an 11.3 mile treaddie run to see how new trainers are... They're fine. I'm now a size 7.5 and at the point where Tags and I could probably share trainers we are practically the same size!
  • Options

Cabby- well doen on teh 11.3 miles! No way could I do that distance on the traddie! What make trainers?

Q - well done on your run!

RP - LOL!

I did 13miles this morning...a bit more confident that I'kk make it round Cardiff Half next week!

• Options
    I meant "treaddie"..fingers not working today!
  • Options
    Well done on the 13 Mad. I just got some Brooks Glycerin 9's for now. After India I'm going to try the new Brooks range for road shoe for my second pair.
  • Options

well done on the treadie run cabbey couldn't do that myself

well done on your run mad, good luck at cardiff next week

• Options
     10 miles this morning, didn't enjoy it, i should have stayed at home
  • Options
    I hate runs like that Q, but at least you did it and it's done now. I went for a 5 mile walk with the dog. He's flat out in the kitchen after running a lot further chasing his ball image