Options

Inspire "Elders"

Comments

• Options

Still Mij - Pegg well done again - given the "training" it was a great result. Ta Cabbey I'll check it and make sure my Claire sees it too.

BecX yes she got a shout out for us on the way to the Round Norfolk Relay and then managed to get another one for "most embarrasing moments" while we were driving to the Liverpool Mara. Claire's moment was a wardrobe failure at a formal dinner - Liverpool mara was a new PB for her including GFA for London. 

http://www.uknetrunner.co.uk/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2453

is where her race report lives

• Options
    Cabbey - your mad imageimageimageimageimage dare I ask which distance in Bangalore?
  • Options

lets just say, yesterday my head was sorer than my legs!

Bec yes you can fit weights and yoga in a tri plan

• Options

Hmmm work computer ate my post!

Firstly mega congratulations to Pegg - even going to bring out the smilies to celebrate imageimageimage I am so chuffed for you after all your hard work.  Best part is that now you have a marathon PB to beat next time??!  Looking forward to your report.

Have read Sister's fab report as well.  What a great PB as GFA as well.  Several of my clubmates ran Liverpool and they all hated the bit round the parks, one summed it up by saying "basically I wanted to cry".  Was a bit surreal when I heard the shout out, took me ten minutes to work out why I knew the name!

Good night then was it RP?  Just out of interest, when do you sleep during tri training??

Had a great hill session last night.  Averaged 7.45 minute miles which is flying by my standards.  I think there may be a 5km PB in me somewhere right now!

• Options
    Morning all image

Wow, that's such good news about Sisters GFA... I haven't had chance to read her race report yet but looking forward to that. So that's another one for the VLM party... Min will be pleased

Mij, I'm doing the 75K... In for a penny and all that image

Bec, well done on all the training and the race with your friend this weekend.

I managed a 4 mile run across the beach banks yesterday and felt great. Heat training starts properly this week. I'm now getting very nervous
  • Options
    RP... You got slaughtered on Sunday night? Oooh, I didn't have it in me I have to admit! We had a lovely Thai meal and a couple of bottles of Shiraz and that was me goosed! image
  • Options

morning all

well done to all the amsterdam runners, and congratulations to sister on her GFA time

well done on your run cabbey, don't think i could have ran so soon after a marathon

well done on your hill session bec, thats a good average

ran 5 miles this morning, had the winter gear on for the first time

• Options
    Well done Q... I've been in winter gear for a couple of weeks now image I am a full on wimp though
  • Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Sorry I've not been around since Friday (can't even blame it on Amsterdam). Speaking of which, congratulations to each and every one of you who ran in Amsterdam. And congrats to Sister for her GFA time.

UI - some good advice there for Farby re tri-training.

Farby - I was the same .. checking on FB to see how everyone did at Amsterdam. Still tempted by a tri?

Bec- looking forward to your x-country tales, especially if they include you falling into mud and water image Sounds like a good pace run with your clubmate .. good luck keeping up with her next time. Blimey .. just read on .. impressive pace with that hill session. Ignore that bit about good luck keeping up with clubmate.

Cabbey - I'll have to check your race report/blog at home (blocked here at work).

Sister - thanks for the link to the race report (another one for later!)

GQ - as you know, I've not been running for the last month. But I think I'll need to sort out my winter kit before I head out of the house.

As you know, I've not been able to run for about a month now due to problems with my shoulders. I had full movement back in both shoulders by last weekend after an osteo session last Tuesday. But I was still suffering from a sore left shoulder, throbbing pains in my left arm and numbness/pins and needles in my left hand. I saw the osteo yesterday and explained these symptoms - he said it was a textbook description of a trapped nerve (between the C6/C7 & T1 vertebrae). He did some manipulation on my neck (including a loud clunk at one point) and it now feels a lot free-er than it has done for ages. The osteopath said he's pretty sure he has freed up the nerve and I have another follow-up session booked for next Tuesday. The osteo said it will take a few days for the nerve to settle down again. I'm pleased to report the soreness/numbness doesn't seem so bad this morning. The pain is still there and still comes and goes - but it seems less than yesterday. I still need some paracetamol and ibuprofen but I'm starting to think I might be be able to think of going for a run in a few days time.

• Options
    That's great news about being able to run soon Mel. The bench is a miserable place isn't it?
    I've had an email about picking up my race number on the 11th November in Bangalore. Sent a little flutter right through my stomach!
  • Options

Aww, thanks everyone image.  It was a long slow slog but at least I finished it.  Seeing BecX's comment about crying - I rarely cry, but I had a lump in my throat before we started, and had to fight the tears back for the last 6 miles, especially when people shouted my name to keep me going!  I've no idea why, completely ridiculous!  I tried to upload my report last night, but the laptop didn't want to work so after 1.5hours I gave up and went to bed.  I'll try again tonight...

Good to hear you'll be back in the trainers soon RWM.

I can't believe you've been for a run again so soon Cabbey!  I traipsed up and down the underground stairs in London yesterday and feel surprisingly ok today, but I'm not thinking about running for a wee while...

As for getting sloshed on Sunday night - I nearly fell asleep in my dinner so there was not chance of an all nighter for me!

• Options

good news re your shoulders mel, sounds a lot worse than mine are

not long now cabbey

hope you can get your race report uploaded pegg

• Options
    I'm really looking forward to your report Pegg, hope you manage to get it uploaded. Yeah, my legs are quite good but that's one of the reasons for a run/walk so you recover quicker. I'll go as far as to say I don't feel like I ran on Sunday but who's to say I'll feel like that on my next run!!! I just have to try and keep bug free now!
  • Options

Sending lots of anti-viral thoughts Cabbey's way!

Pegg - I sobbed both during and after my first marathon.  Managed to limit the crying to the end at Edinburgh and that was only because I was so delighted to have gone under 4 hours.  One of my clubmates was so nervous at the start (was her first marathon) that she was literally crying for about 30 minutes.  Various of us took turns to stay with her but once the race started she calmed down!

Good news on the injury RWM (trying out your new name!) hoping you're back on the road soon!  I was acting as pacer to my clubmate.  Have done so before and my last sub 25 target ran 24.36 - not sure who was more suprised me or her!  Will be having another shot at sub 25 for pacee no. 2 then I have a third clubmate who I might be pacing round for sub 30 minutes.  Oddly, given it's quite comfy in terms of running for me, I get more nervous acting as pacer than when I race.  I feel worse if I miss someone else's target than my own!  My own PB is only 23.57 so I'm always amazed how running 30 seconds a mile slower changes it from a hideous experience to quite a nice one as well!

• Options

Sister well done on the GBA

Mel nice to see you off the bench

Cabbey/Pegg we had every intentions of getting something nice to eat on Sunday night and then going back to the hotel. Instead we had a really good steak in an Argentinian restaurant and was talking to a couple from Norway, who ran the half mara. Then we went over to the 'hole in the wall' to meet the other fetchies there and thats when the party started! I think we actually got to bed at 2.00am and a horrible wake up call at 6 a.m. Feeling pretty shabby at the airport was an understatement, then the final nail was the flight being delayed for 2 hours!! all recovered now.

• Options
    Glad to hear you're recovered RP... I honestly don't know how you can stay up til 2am when you have to be up at 6. Food sounded nice though!

I've just had a blonde moment and set the treadmill up to practice 10.30mm only to find after 4 miles I had it on 10.20mm. Gutted! I was melting too as I had my sauna gear on which is all thick heavy cotton so I now look like a beetroot! image

I've never felt "emotional" during a race... Or after, however have felt like crying due to feeling miserable during a few marathons at certain points. Florence was the worst... Thought I'd never put a pair of trainers on again after that!
  • Options

morning all

well done on the treadie run cabbey don't think i could run that far on a treadie

ran 5 miles this morning

• Options
    Hi Q image Well done on the run! image Is your shoulder holding up to your renewed running schedule OK?

I've just swum a mile in the pool, and I'm off to marshal a 5K image
  • Options

Afternoon all

Well done on the run Q, and Farby well done on the mile swim and enjoy the marshalling.

Nice rest day for me today, so I'm having a chill out. image

• Options

well done on the swim farby, the shoulder's holding up nicely just got to get it fully mobile now

• Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Cabbey - I'm surprised I've not got more fed up while I've been on the bench .. surprised myself with my patience this time! Mrs Wm has been saying its good to see me looking happier (she's been having to get used to the 'pained' expression on my face for the last few weeks). Oops re setting the treadie to the wrong speed. We obviously have diffferent ideas on suitable sauna gear! image Just kidding - I know you have to use yours to acclimatise in as well as relax in. Hope you made the most of your rest day yesterday

Pegg - I didn't think I was emotional. But after the Bath HM in 2010 I could only just about croak "I did it .." to Mrs Wm when we met up after the race and we both had a little cry. Of course, she had seen me come to a grinding halt in the finishing straight with St John's sprinting towards me so was a tad worried herself. She was relieved to see me again as it took 25 minutes for me to get through the finish area and back to where we were meeting and she had no idea what was happening. I shall be wearing my vest with my name on in future races - the shouts of encouragement really keep you going don't they?

GQ - it sounds like you are getting over your own shoulder problems - what sort of treatment are you having for yours? Well done re yesterday's 5 miler.

Bec - sounds like you're doing a great job there pacing your clubmates to faster times.

Farby - well done re the 1ml swim and then marshalling a 5K

RP - not quite off the bench just yet. I think I've lifted my butt off it and am currently poised in mid-air debating whether to sit down again or stand up and go for a run.

*waves* to everyone else

I had a better night last night - only woke up the once and managed to get back to sleep fairly quickly. The numbness in my left hand (1st finger) seems to have largely gone - still there but only just. I'm still getting a throbbing pain in my left arm (forearm at the moment) but again, it's less than it was yesterday. As Mrs Wm pointed out, the nerve was trapped for over a month so I shouldn't be surprised its taking several days to get back to normal. Depending on how I am feeling by Sunday, if the rest of the numbness/pains go away I might even try a little exploratory jog-ette on my treadie.

• Options

mel i've got some exercise's to do plus some manipulation when i go to the fizz

• Options

morning all

an easy 3 miles this morning, a long run tomorrow then i'm off to the isle of wight on monday coming back on friday , see you then

• Options

Morning all

Q - enjoy your run.have a lovely time in the Isle of Wight!

I still have a cold, but mey try a run this morning. I have two new pairs of shoes, Brooks Adrenalines GTs11 (I normally wear these) and I have soem Salmon Speedcross trail shoes...but will wait until I feel better before trying a trail!

• Options
    Morning all. image
    I'm off for trail run this morning. Just 2 hours so it will be over before I know it. I'm trying out my gaiters today, and Graeme is trying out his new Salomons too. Hope they are as good for him as they are for me... You too Mad, hope they are comfy.
  • Options
    Sorry forgot to say have a great holiday Q... I'd like to go there

Trail run = awful! Oh well, it's done now
  • Options
    Went to support our club member Nichole in her first attempt at the basic level obedience trial with her dog Jacko - she made a couple of mistakes but passed anyway. Drove home intending to take my dog Nemo for a run in the forest only to find an empty house -  OH and both dogs missing! So think I'll go for a swim instead.
  • Options

imageimage good excuse if ever I heard one!

Heres my excuse for doing b*gger all this weekend......I managed to get the weekend off, so decided I was sick to death of seeing all the junk in the garage/kids bedroom/study and had a mass clearout. Three trips to the recyling/dump and a rather 'feng shui' houseimage unfortunately the dump wouldn't take the kids!

• Options

Morning everyone.

I'm knackered today... must be Monday morning eh? image

• Options
    Too true! Another god-awful week to get through at work, at least I've got the evenings to look forward to - if it wasn't for my dogs and my sport I'd go stark staring raving mad!