• Options

Living the life Q, living the life image

Hope everyone is well?

I went for a 9 miler this morning but had to abort at 4½, bliddy knee image

• Options

...... sneaks in .........

Hello all

Q hope you had a good day

(((Min))) hope your knee is ok, do you know what's wrong?

...... sneaks back out.......

• Options

morning all

hope your knee isn't too bad min

a bit of furniture moving today

have a good weekend everyone

• Options

morning all

bluddy hangovers

why do i do it

• Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭

Sorry I've not been around this week. We've had a really busy time with lots of incidents to deal with so I've not had any time to myself until just now. I've been on 'lates' as well so not getting home until gone 7pm and haven't felt like firing up the 'puter. I've not attempted to catch up yet with the postings I've missed .. maybe over the weekend??

Just wanted to pop by to report I've runned again .. well, sort of .. and a bit further than last time! image

Spurred on by last weekend's exploits (with no after-effects) and that dinner wasn't quite ready last night and I had time, I did another session on my treadmill. I kept the pace very easy (walk @ 4mph / run @ 5mph) and did 5mins walk, 5mins run, 5mins walk, 10mins run, 5mins walk. Sounds daft I know but I was quite pleased to keep going for 10 minutes in one go! It felt comfortable at the time and I've not noticed any problems today so hopefully at the weekend I can do the same again.

• Options

Hi everyone - remember me? image  Apologies for not being around too much lately.  We've either had visitors or been away each weekend since Amsterdam, and I've been away mid week with work so it's all been a bit hectic.  I've got this weekend home alone though so plenty of time to catch up on the cleaning, admin, bills and forums!  And it's been two weeks since my last run, although I have been climbing twice, so I've not been entirely lazy.  I'm hoping to clear a space in my office this weekend to bring my treadmill into the house where I think I'll use it more often.  Somehow going out to a cold garage and staring at a breezeblock wall doesn't have much appeal!

I have been popping in though occasionally to see what you're all up to.  I'm pleased to see that RWM is back to running again, sorry to hear about Min's knee (and the hangover, rotten things), and a big well done to Mr RP for his fab effort in Nevada.  Good luck with the new training plan Sberry, and go steady heaving the furniture around Q.

Best of luck if anyone is racing this weekend....

• Options

Hello all

Apologies from me too...it must be the time of year! Work and family are chaotiic at the moment. I have only run once and not gong to run today...very tired. Hope to be back to it next week.

Min - hope you knee is better (and the hangover)!

RWm - good to see you are back to it!

Have a good weeknd everyoneimage

• Options
    I think we're in for a L of a race report image
  • Options

Question is Min, will it take 11 hours to write? image

• Options

Not a race, but a 24-hr swimathon - I only swam 5000, but my indefatigable OH did 20,000m. Yes that's right, I did say 20km! The idea of the swimathon is you do as much as you want to, can get out and take breaks whenever you want and come back later. We got there at 2:30pm because OH wanted to see how it worked. We found 5 lanes with 20 swimmers per lane and 3 referees per lane. The start card had blocks of 100m, checked off by the referee responsible for you as you completed each. Each swimmer wears a numbered swim cap, that's how the referees keep count. Nobody can join a lane until someone else gets out and gives up their swim cap. The lanes were designated "sport swimmers, fast swimmers, good swimmers, slow swimmers, and beginners" but a bit of problem for me as only the fast lane was doing freestyle, all others were swimming breaststroke. I'm not fast enough to swim in lane 1, and when I tried swimming in the "fast" lane I got stuck behind a line of breaststroke swimmers which made it hard to overtake. So I got out again until after 1:00am when it thinned out a bit. Hubby was in his element in lane 1, swimming mostly down the middle of the lane and overtaking everybody. He did 6km, took a break, did another 6km, took a break, swam another 6km and on being told he'd completed 18km, grinned and said, well it's only another 2000m till 20km - and proceeded to swim it! we left at 5am and by then the early monrning swimmers were coming back in. Got home about 6:30am and went straight to bed until midday!

• Options

UI well done to both you and the OH

Cabbey and Taggy well done to both of you too and I can't wait for the race report, it should be interesting.

I have only done a couple of brick session since I got back on Tuesday. I have been feeling dizzy, even when laying down. OH reckons it's jet lag. It's a pain in the behind, is all I can say. On a good note, I have my bike set up on a turbo in the house, so no excuses over the winter with lack of daylight. Just need to blag the treadie of my dad.

• Options

morning all

a bad fall cut short my run yesterday and now feeling a bit battered, although my shoulder is ok. now having a couple of weeks off

• Options

morning all

((Q)) hope you are ok

RP - hope you are feeling better

UI - hello and well done to you both - amazing

Min hope the hangover didn't last too long

Hi everyone else *waves*

Managed a little run yesterday, whilst waiting for Mberry to finish gymnastics - little bit further but I think I had someone elses legs as it was faster

• Options

S'berry it turns out that there is an ear infection going round, you feel o.k except for this dizziness, apparently it goes after 6-8 weeksimage 

Q I hope your on the mend soon

• Options

Oh no!  Hope you feel better soon RP and that your shoulder gets better quickly Q.

UI - the thought of swimming 500m seems a lot to me let alone 5,000 or 20,000!  Well done to you and the other half!

Mega congrats to Cabbey and Taggy as well!  I am very much looking forward to reading one mammoth report!

Well done on the run S'Berry - I hope you're allowed to keep your new legs and that their real owner doesn't demand them back!  

I saw on Facebook that Mel had been running as well (and causing chaos by posting every run he's done this year - that may have been his Garmin not him!)

Waves to Min (who I assume is no longer hungover!), MWW and Pegg and anyone I may have missed.

Cross country race number two yesterday - went without too much event for me (other than slicing my thumb open on my own spikes trying to clean them before we started - muppet!) found it a bit hot and the course was a bit boggy in places plus I went off way to quickly (note to self 7.xx minute miles in a cross country race is not maintainable!) so I was pleased to manage to run faster than last year and progress to 92nd place (in a field of 145) from 2010's 100th place!  One of our guys lost one of his shoes on his second lap and ran half the race with one shoe.  Amazingly he ended up finishing only a little way down where you'd expect him to be. I'm pretty sure I would have dropped out or at least stopped to locate the shoe!

• Options

Hello all

Q - hope you are okay?

RP - hope the dizziness eases quickly.

UI - great swimming!

s'berry - well done on your run.

BecX - well done on the cross country..and progress!

I did a slow 4.5 miles yesterday, feeling quite stiff today, hoping to get a swim in before work!

• Options

morning all

well done on the little run s'berry

well done on the x country bec and well on finishing higher than last year

well done on your run mad

feeling better today although got mild pain in my ribs

• Options

Sorry to hear about your fall Q, take it easy.

ouch to BecX too!  hope you're better soon RP.

nice one SBerry & UI.

My hangover lasted all day Friday - not a thing passed my lips until 7pm!!!

On a saner note, I have decided to take a week off to try to rest my leg.  This is the first time since Feb 2007 image

• Options
    Afternoon all image
    I have just walked down the whole length of the plane unaided *feels very chuffed* image
    Hope all has been well while I've been away?
  • Options
    WtnMelWtnMel ✭✭✭

Hi - just popping in .. having a cheeky ten minutes away from the regression testing I've been 'volunteered' to do before a new system release goes in next month.

Yes - apologies for all the updates any of you saw (or will see) on Facebook. I relinked Fetch to Facebook yesterday and managed to load the running history off my Garmin going back to August. It looked like I was rather busy running yesterday!! image

I actually went for my first run outside yesterday. I did 3.1 mls in 34mins (avg pace 11:07) and didn't have to walk at all so I was well pleased with that image One downside .. I stumbled up a kerb almost as soon as I started. The ankle seems to be okay today (just a slight ache) so fingers crossed I haven't damaged anything.

Okay .. back to the testing. Zzzzzz  image

• Options

morning all

well done on the run mel, hope the ankle is better today

• Options

Morning all

How are your aches Q?

Well done Cabbey

Good running MWW, Bex and Mel, hope your ankle is ok Mel

Hope the week's rest helps Min

Mberry was off school yesterday so I went for my run this morning, didn't listen to the little voice telling me to go straight home.  It appears that the owner of the faster legs I borrowed has taken them back!!

• Options
    Welcome back Cabbey.... now where's that race report?? image
  • Options
    Just a quickie.... Fab fab fab well done to Sandy RP, that's great news. Well done to all of you for your races, Mel, glad you're getting back into running again, same for you S'berry. Min, I hope your hangover is sorted now.

So far it has taken 5 hours to do my race report on my blog. It's almost done, but you may not want to read it as it really is very long and detailed. I wanted to remember as much as poss though, so won't be offended if any of you can't be arsed to plod through it.
  • Options
    It makes brilliant reading Cabbey - the girl done good image image
  • Options
    can I just ask?  Has himself forgiven you yet?
  • Options
    Thanks Min image
    Errrr... Not really. Before this he was considering joining me for my next little escapade, he's now saying no way, no way at all. What I forgot to say in the blog was he was told he could do 75K during the race if he wanted to "upgrade" to that distance at any point. As he was due to finish his race he said to me, Sorry, I love you, but I dont love you that much to carry on! That was me put in my place then image
  • Options

Cabbey loll, weklcome back off to have a read....

• Options
    Cabbey really enjoyed reading the blog. Again well done to you. I take it comrades is a go then?
  • Options
    Thanks RP... No, I think Comrades is a long way off. At the moment I wouldn't reach the cut off, and if my quads hurt that much in Bangalore they would be shredded a quarter of the way through Comrades. I have a cunning plan though.... image