Options

Inspire "Elders"

Comments

• Options

What sort of dogs do you have UI? They look like shepherds?

I have a lovely black german shepherd called Lincoln. He has been rolling on his back all over our new carpet... luckliy he was clean when he did it. image

• Options
    Unfortunately Cabbey the one on the right of my avatar pic, my lovely Shani, is no more. On the left is Oz, they are White Swiss Shepherds, look just the same as German Shepherds but pure white. The breed standard calls for dark eyes, lips, pads and nails, and skin should be grey rather than pink. My other dog is same as yours, coal black German Shepherd.
  • Options

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/6763/Gallery/Apportsmall.jpg

This is Nemo in action at dog club.

• Options
    http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/6763/Gallery/November_2008_C0-WORKERS_032_RW_0.jpg

And this is me with the Wizard of Oz! He was 14 weeks in the avatar pic, is now 9 years old

• Options

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/6763/Gallery/Nemo_SchH068_0.jpg

Another working pic of Nemo
  • Options

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/6763/Gallery/Oz.jpg

And finally - a great "shadow" photo of Ozzy at full gallop.

• Options

great pics UI image

"morning" all image

following on from our wee discussion in hamsterjam, who would be interested in budapest next year?  it's 7th Oct and Running Crazy are doing deals from £149 per runner - cheaper for non-runners, excluding flights and staying in a 3 star hotel near the start.  I've started the ball rolling by asking for a quote but if anyone thinks they would quite like to go, add your name to the list:-

Minardi + Mr T
    Odie

I'm going to go through the tour operator as it saves any grief but obviously if you want to do your own thang, then please feel free image

• Options
    nope nope and more nope...no more maras thank you!!!
  • Options
    Yes yes and yes for us Min. Don't need to look at the link cos you're organisational skills will do for me!
    You can put your "told you so" hat on Min image William and Shaun told me that my nutrition for breakfast is shocking. They said that if I'd eaten correctly, despite not trying for one or tapering, they are pretty sure I'd havd PB'd. So it's liquid high caloried (complan) breakfasts for me from now on because I can't stomach much food early on.

UI, your pics are really lovely. When I go onto the computer later I'll put one of "wharr" Lincoln on (said in me best Geordie accent)
  • Options

ta!

30 mins warm-up on the indoor bike trainer, then an hour of core and weights work tonight.

• Options
    Oooh, I've just had a nose at the link... I like the free thermal bath at the end! I'd enter just for that image It's very cheap too...especially after the remortgaging for Amsterdam image
  • Options
    Well done UI... An hour race pace for me on the treaddie in thermal tights and 18 minutes in the sauna (in same tights). I could drink a river dry now image
  • Options

Morning all.

Isn't it quiet without our Q here?

I've just answered an event request on facebook saying "No" and explained I'm going to India next week.... NEXT WEEK>>> OMG!!!! image *gets excited*

• Options

Next week?  Next week? NEXT WEEK? image image image Bluddy hell Cabbey, that's come round a bit quick!!!

Just off to Surrey doing a bit of bed delivery so have to get my Yorkie bar and Sun for the windscreen for when I pick the van up!

Laters......

• Options

India???? whoohoo! Saw an item on TV last night that said the Taj Mahal is crumbling, better go see it while you still can.

Budapest sounds interesting - but I'm doing Ironman Wales on 16 September, it's a bit too close to that.

• Options
    lol on the Yorkie and Sun image
  • Options

Hi everyone!  It's been another busy weekend for us, so I've only just managed to upload my Amsterdam blog to Fetch - I warn you though, it's a monster!!  Work is pretty busy too so little time to get on here very often image.  Mind you, I've not run since the mara so little to report...apart from an alarming weight gain image.  I managed to twist my bad knee getting up from my desk last week and now it's feeling really bruised again image.

I really can't picture Min and Mr T as 'white van men' - something just isn't right about that!

India is coming around quickly isn't it Cabbey?!  I've just caught up with your blog...makes sense re the breakfast.  I'd consider that myself if I was going to do another mara....but Budapest?!!  ABSOLUTELY NOT FROM ME!! image

Lots of dog pics I see..... *quivers in the corner*

Right, I'm off to make plans...I need to lose 10 kilos before the end of January so I can get into my ski kit...how on earth will I manage that??!

• Options
    Ultra Ironwolf wrote (see)

30 mins warm-up on the indoor bike trainer, then an hour of core and weights work tonight.

UI I've just ordered a turbo trainer for winter training! Funnily enough I have done the same training as you.Are you following the Fink plan image

Pegg no more maras then?image

• Options
    Nope, never done the Fink plan. My first Iron distance tri was back in 2000 and I've accumulated quite a lot of training stuff since then. I'm not really following anything specific at present, just doing maintenance training. My 24-week IM specific stuff starts at the beginning of April - that comes from Paul Huddle/Roch Frey who coached Paula Newby-Fraser and Heather Fuhr, both prior  top IM pros. I always do weights and core work, right through until the last few weeks of training leading up to the taper. As I'm getting older I find strength work invaluable, plus actually I really enjoy it.
  • Options
    Fink?
    That's like another language innit ? image

Advice needed please... Where can I get a (very) cheap stopwatch that alarms every 45 minutes? I've had my knuckles rapped off William and Shaun for "forgetting" my gels.... Seems my nutrition is totally ruining all of my races. Phew... Glad I found out before India!

Great race report Pegg... You might fancy a marathon after a year off image although RP seems to have made her mind up (I actually think she had made it up before we even got to Amsterdam).

When do you go to viva las Vegas RP? I'd love to do THAT mara... It would just be a big party wouldn't it?

My mam and dad want me to go to Canada on our jollies... I laughed when my dad said "well, I've been looking for a race you could do while you're there" image he knows me so well. And why not eh? image
  • Options

I'm back and in  one piece and full of Yorkie bar image.  it was just me, no Mr T, and I do a very good white van man impersonation even though it was a dark gray van!  Managed to scare a few old biddies image.

Pegg, you know you want to; you've got a year to get ready for it!  And that was a brilliant race report - you know you want to be in a position to write another PLUS Farby might be able to join us image

• Options

Cabbey Fink is another language definately! We go to Las vegas next Wed very early, apparently very early!!

As for marathons, I have made my mind up before Amsterdam, that I really didn't want to do any more..however, when I mentioned Prague to OH, he said he would love to do it, I fear an arm twisting is on it's way.

• Options
    image My SIL has just had another baby girl! All safe and sound image

Very quiet on here today...

No running again for me today image My sunburn from Sunday is still too bad. Think I may have done more damage than I thought... Though one thing is for sure: I will definitely look like someone who lives overseas when I come home in Decemeber image

Min - Yes, I think me + 1 support are on for Budapest. I think. I will hopefully have a new job by then, so I'll just have to tell them I'm having the time off and that's it! image

So, if I decide I will give it a go (something I said I would NEVER do!), I think my short term goal will be a sub-2 HM in Mar (I've got more than enough time to try and train for another PB) and then a slow build for October. I have already looked at some Mara schedules on RW (got to know what you're letting yourself in for!) and they don't really inspire me. I was going to go more for the same routine, but add in one speedwork session and slowly build the mileage in the Long Run. Does anyone have any advice?

Cabbey - should everyone be fuelling every 45 mins? Or is that there assessment from looking at your running?
  • Options

Hi Farby, congrats on your newby niece image

A sub 2 half marathon is something I can only dream of... go Farby!!!! image

As for the fueling, that (I believe) is their assessment on me... not sure if they think that's a generic thing, they never said.

• Options
    Oh... and I am number 7 for Bangalore (lucky for some??)
  • Options

Congratulations auntie farby image. Yay to coming to Budapest image

When do you fly Cabbey?

• Options
    I meant  Buderpest not Prague, brain has fizzled
  • Options
    I was wondering RP!  I thought  you were just trying to avoid us like the prague (did you see what I did there image)
  • Options

Min that was what my son Luke would call a "Grandad joke" image

I go down to Manchester next Thursday and fly early Friday