Options

Inspire "Elders"

Comments

• Options
    Morning all image

How's things? I'm back to my normal training programme as from today, although at a much lesser degree and much slower pace and nowhere near the distance I used to do. Hey... Ya gotta start somewhere havent you? image

I bought some new trainers yesterday (Saucony) as I can't bear the heel height of my asics anymore. This shoe has a 4mm lower profile and will save me running on concrete in my trail shoes any more.

What day does S'berry do her race? Is it today?
  • Options

I'm home! Vitruvian HIM done, not as well as expected, I was on target for GB qualification until the run. Somebody turned up the heat (27degreesimage), I couldn't keep my temperature down and felt sick all the way round, I was digusted when I saw my shuffle time of 2hrs 19mins for a half marathon (unheard of for me!). My swim time was 43 mins for 1.9km, happy with that and my cycle time was 3hrs 59mins on a very lumpy course. All in all, I still had a really good day and will be back for it next year. Now to do some mara training, 4 weeks and counting!

• Options

Hi everyone.  Sberry's race was on Friday - can't wait to hear how she got on.

Well done RP that sounds like a great result, sorry you're not more pleased with the run time though.

So you're back on it again Cabby, and I see on Fetch that Q has just broken the 100miles for the year, does that mean it's just me holding up proceedings now image

• Options

Sorry, my mistake, I think she actually ran yesterday.  I hope you're not aching too much today Sberry image

• Options
    Oooh... How exciting that she's all done and dusted. Can't wait to read her race report.

Well done RP, so fab that only your run needs improving. Try heat training for the next one and you'll be putting that GB vest on image

Hi Pegg, how is your foot now?

Congrats on the mileage Q. I honestly couldn't say what my mileage is this year. I don't think I've done 100 yet though.
  • Options

No you're not, Pegg - I'm still in semi-recovery from my hip replacement and under strict orders not to run a step until Christmas. So I have a big fat total of zero miles run this year.

Pup Charly is one week off being 4 months old and went for his first swim yesterday. Like all dogs, he splashed about at first and then suddenly started swimming doggy-paddle.

• Options
    Running Postie wrote (see)

cycle time was 3hrs 59mins on a very lumpy course. All in all, I still had a really good day and will be back for it next year. Now to do some mara training, 4 weeks and counting!

the brain is tired today, cycle time 2hrs 59 mins!

Cabbey run training of any discription would be a good bet next timeimage

• Options
    Lol RP... You did very very very well then image

Ahhhhh UI... Any Charly pics you can share?
  • Options
    Hello all I'm back image

Had an amazing time although it was baking hot !!! Even managed the 3 hours on a train and 2 hours on a plane and could still walk down the steps after image Will do a report on Fetch later.

RP amazing time massive well dones image

Yeah Cabbey for full training again image

Hello to everyone else image
  • Options

I keep trying to post a picture of Charly but for some reason it won't work,Just tried it again. I always get a system message that says "oops something went wrong, you will now be transferred". I've posted several on Facebook with no problems.

• Options

Welcome back Sberry imageimageimage and well done for negotiating those steps after all that sitting!  I'm looking forward to reading all about it...

• Options

well done on getting back to your normal training programme cabbey, happy new trainer's

well done RP especially for running in that heat

you'll get back into before long pegg

welcome back s'berry look forward to the report when i can get on fetch seem's to be having problem at the moment

had a great day with the granddaughter on her first birthday

• Options
    Hello all

Hope you all had a great day yesterday Q, can't beleive she is one already!!

Went for a swim this morning image only 40 lengths but I was hungry image My legs are feeling great and I might even go for a gentle run tomorrow before my massage.
  • Options

neither can i s'berry, well done on the swim, hope the run goe's well

• Options
    Massive congrats on your race S'berry.... So pleased for you that you did your challenge. I read your report on Fetch, fab! So what's the next challenge?

A year old already Q? How time flies!

I'm very achy this morning. Not used to all this exerciseimage I love training sleep though... It's like I'm in a coma
  • Options

/members/images/6763/Gallery/Charly.jpg

Well, this one worked! This is Charly and his favourite toys.

• Options
    What a cutie. What breed is he?

I'm knackered. I'm so not used to exercise. I think people at the spa thought I was going to have a heart attack on the treadmill. And I think they weren't far wrong :-/
  • Options

He's a White Swiss Shepherd, our 4th one.There was a battle for years to get them accepted as a separate breed instead of being classed as mongrels but finally the FCI capitulated and granted them breed status. Only right since they've been bred for decades only with other pure whites. It started way back, the German Shepherd Society banned the whites because the shepherd breed standard specifically forbade white as a colour - black and tan, grey, black, red, gold, brown all ok, no white. So for a long time they were not bred in Germany any more but the line continued thank heavens in the U.S. and Canada. About 30 years ago the whites began to be bred in Germany again but it's been a long hard battle to get them accepted as a separate breed. Now they are. Charly's pedigree papers go back to his great-great grandparents. They are super dogs, beautiful, intellligent, friendly and great family pets. They come in short or long coat, Charly is short-coated. There's at least one breeder in England, I think called Rosemont Kennels, it's somewhere up in the Nottingham area.

• Options
    Charly is a cutie (note hide picture from Aberry or I'll be pestered to death to get a dog!!)

Cabbey great feeling isn't itimage

Didn't go for a run this morning, although my legs are still great, but decided that an extra day rest wouldn't hurtimage. Had a sports massage though today and even she was amazed that she couldn't find any really hurty bits (think she was a bit disappointed!!)

Just managed to download my finishing clip and photos, there is even one of me where both feet are off the ground!!! Never had one of those before, there are even some of me smiling image also have printed out my finishers certificate image Anybody get the idea I'm ever so slightly happy image and maybe going over the top ever so slightlyimage
  • Options
    If you really want to see the photos you can find them on marathon-photos.com (bib no 4330) I had just blinked in a couple honest image

Back to boxing this evening, and so much for him taking it easy on me. We did the hill once and then the steps 5 times image
  • Options

Sberry great blog and fab piccies, well done...now if you can do tha,t you can definately come and do an ironman tri!

Cabbey great work on the dreadie

BI lovely puppy

I am now in the category of certifiable.. I have entered the Outlaw ironman distance tri for next year, christmas pressie to myself

• Options
    Yeah RP, knew you'd be doing one soon, you'll be fab image and no I won't be joining you in one, I might be mad but I'm not that madimage
  • Options

Great, RP - no question that IM is one of the the hardest longest days of your life, but well worth it. I've done 7, but won't be able to do any more because of my hip implant - can't do the marathon distance now. But I'm still definitely up for the half-IM distance and also relay teams.

• Options

BI I enjoy the long stuff a lot more than these sprint tri's.

I went for a run this afternoon, 10 miles, I feel n*ckered, no time for rest though!

• Options

I do too, just wish I'd followed my inclination and done a 100km Ultra, now I can't. Longest I've done was a 40-miler. Think that's the toughest part about this operation, having to admit to myself I now have limitations in what I can do. So folks - never put off something you really want to do. I've tried to live by that ever since my Dad died, just before, he told me he had always wanted to run a marathon and now it was too late for him. I found that desperately sad.

• Options

Hello all

Have been away sulking...but pulled myself together now!

Not been able to run for 6 weeks, but did a gentle 3 miles this mornings, and so far okay! Lost loads of fitness, but hopefully on the right track now! I have started rowing as well, only been twice and I am rubbish at it, but it is fun!

Lots of family stuff going on, middle daughter is making some progress, but very slow. Have been travelling the length of the country taking oldest to Uni open days! Hope to catch up and stay in touch now!image

• Options
    Hello all image sorry been awol (took over from MMW in the sulking depatment!)

MWW hope that things are still going well and that you have found some time for yourself image Glad that your daughter is making some progress

I've been training image had an absolutely fantastic boxing session last night which included running the steps with a weighted backpack imageimageimage and we have a plan imageimage

Next decision is whether to run the Jersey marathon on the 7th October ?
  • Options

well done on the run MWW glad it went ok, glad your daughter is making progress. enjoy the rowing

well done on the boxing session s'berry, alway's nice to have a plan. good luck if you decide the run the marathon

• Options

I love it when Sberry gets a plan in her head!  I can't wait to hear what it is this time!  And yes, why not have fun at the Jersey marathon?  Show them how international affleets do it image

That's great news that your daughter is making some progress MWW.  And uni open days?  I remember them...what are you going to do with your spare room this time next year? image  Enjoy the rowing image

Hi Q - I see you're getting through the miles again on Fetch...do a few for me will you?  Work has gone manic again so I managed a squash match yesterday lunchtime and a walk last night to a local meeting but that's it for exercise this week.  I'm away for some of next weeks so I'm hoping the conference I'm attending doesn't finish too late so that I can make the most of the hotel gym.