Options

Inspire "Elders"

Comments

• Options

That's awesome BI image

Yoga tomorrow night... image

• Options
    BI that is super quick!

Peggy Jantastic is a challenge on marathon talk podcast.motivation to get my bum out the door
  • Options

RP - yes, isn't it? He swam 16:24 a couple of years ago and for a while it looked liked he could get another 16 but there was a bit of a traffic jam in his lane - 25m pool and 4 swimmers so for quite a while he couldn't get past the guy in front of him. He had his 65th birthday last week!

• Options

Hello all

Pegg - I have had terrible shin pain for the last few weeks. I have been trying to do low impact stuff instead. Hope your improves soon.

Sorry for being around much. As some of you know my father died last weekend, it has been a difficult week.

I haven't run this week and actually not for the last three weeks because of the shin splint type pain. I will probably have to pull out of Brightonimage I just don't think my body is up to maarthons any moreimage

• Options

MWW - sorry to hear your news. Whenever things seem the blackest that's when you'll turn the corner. I have lost both my parents and am no longer allowed to run marathons - so I understand your pain. You have to give yourself time to mourn your father, time's a great healer, I know that's a cliche but it's really true. Chin up my dear, we're all here for you.

((((MWW))))

• Options

Boing!

where are you all?

• Options

MWW - sorry to hear about your dad  bud !As BI says time is a gret ahealer ((( hugs )))

Rest the shins bud ! I  know what you mean bud, This will be my last marathon in April. Time consuming with hockey,kids training and works group, Too old !

BI - Hubby swimming very well, regardless of his age my friend ! I can do  a couple of lenths then out of breath !

Hope you are both well RP + Pegg !

• Options

Tri club swim training last night was fun - last night of the Carnival season (Mardi Gras) so some of us went in costume. OH and I both wore Pirate kit and a group of the juniors came as the 7 dwarfs with floppy smurf-type hats on. They are all much too tall to be dwarves though!

• Options

Hello all

BI - thank you for your kind words. Well done on the Tri Swim..sound like fun!

WHH - how lovely to hear from you! Thank you for your kind words tooimage Which marathon are you trianing for?

I ventured out in the very cold wind and rain this morning, managed 5 miles, shins not too bad, will have to see how they feel later!

• Options
    MWW (((()))) for you and the family.

BI I used to love carnival when I was a kid, all the floats and sweets..good memories. My friends in holland posted on FBI their pictures of the them all dressed up for the carnival.

WHH I'm keeping well and the ironman training is going well. I do have the odd moment when I have to ask myself why the hell am I doing this?
  • Options

BI - sounds like fun  at the tri club !

MWW - pleased to hear the shins are not too sore bud, well done on the wet, windy 5 miler !

RP - i know what you mean bud. I wondered the same last night with my marathon training. 15 miles  - dry and fine on way out, drizzly all the way back. Felt like this rain cloud was following me all the way back. Legs tired from the kids hockey coaching and mens training the night before. Still you are doing brilliantly with the Iron man training RP !

Sorry for not being on the forum much these days. Working every weekend, and place still in turmoil after a wave wiped out our new office before Christmas.

Taking son to running track this avo for a wee workout and visit my mum after. Quiet pint later and hockey match tomorrow afternoon.

Take care all !

• Options

More or less typical Sunday for us - 2000m swim, an hour on the bike and a 1 mile run. Starting my build-up for my first triathlon of the year, an Olympic on 12th May.

• Options

So much for resolutions.  No running done AT ALL in February and we've got visitors for the next five days so I'll miss swimming tomorrow night too.  I did however play squash at the back end of last week and have been to yoga tonight, so if the scales dare to continue their upward march tomorrow I will not be happy at all!

Sounds busy WHH - I hope your work settles down a bit soon.

Good to see you back on it BI - you put me to shame image

RP - which ironman are you doing?  My squash partners fiancee is off to do one this summer but I can't for the life of me think where it is!  Apart from it's definitely somewhere hot.

• Options

DVD workout tonight - Ryan Lochte's Hard-Core disk (bit risque title but the workout is really good). Lochte is an Olympic swimmer with 11 gold medals to his name and says quite rightly you can't build a house without a strong foundation and that applies to your body too. The disk has a warm-up session plus 5 separate workouts - I always work through it from start to finish. Still haven't managed to master all of the exercises - the hardest for me is the plank twist. You get into the normal plank position, on your toes with elbows and forearms in front of you on the mat. Then comes the hard bit, you have to turn to your side so you end up in a sidways plank with your feet stacked one on the other, then turn back to center and onto the other side! I can't do it properly yet!

• Options

I've decided I'm going to enter the Wetherby 10km on 8th September.  Unfortunately I decided I would do it and then found out that entries don't open until 31st March, so I'm posting about it on here and on Facebook so that I can't back out in the intervening weeks!  Anyone else up for it?  It's only a small event with 1,000 runners, on the racecourse and local roads with the only hills being the flyovers over the A1.  Apparently it's a great pb course too.  Now I need to hope that the stuff I got from the docs this morning will work on my foot so that I can run again...

• Options

Weird.  I've popped on here a few times lately and haven't had the box to type anything in image.  Now it's popped up again image.  So how is everybody?  Anyone out there???

• Options

I'm here! been wondering where everyone's got to.

• Options

How's the training been going BI?  And the hip?

• Options

Hello all

BI- I have been wondering the sameimage

Pegg - how are you doing?

I have had a difficult few months but trying to get back on track now. Had a couple of good runs this week and a 6 miler yesterday. imageI have entered Brighton Marathon for 2014 and have entered Cardiff HM and Swansea bay 10k later in the year. Have to be optimistic!

• Options

Training's going really well, 2 weeks to our first triathlon this year, and of course my first one since the operation. No problems with my hip. Yesterday hubby and I rode round the bike course starting from the swim venue, which meant  to get back to our car we actually rode 50km instead of the 40km of the race because it finishes down town, not at the lake where the swim is. Running's ok too, did 15km with Nemo the other day.

• Options

Which tri are you doing BI?  Well done to Nemo too on the training image

• Options

Pegg, we live and work in central south Germany. so the one we are doing next Sunday is the Tri Pfalz in Kaiserlautern. It doubles as the State Championship, so fingers crossed for good results!

• Options

Actually, the German Shepherd Association of Germany's endurance exam for dogs  is 20km alongside a bike, Nemo passed that a couple of years ago. He's a strong runner.

• Options

Ooh, best of luck for Sunday then BI!  Looking forward to hearing about how you get on.

I'm still trying to mix up my exercise, so my mileage is still very low just now - I did a bit on the treadmill yesterday as a warm up for some weights and step, and the knees are feeling ok today image.  I might do the same again this afternoon, and then I've got a swimming class on Wednesday with my second attempt at tumbleturns image

• Options

Thanks - tumbleturns I've never managed very well. Hope you get on better than me.

• Options

hi all

sorry for being absent for a while

good luck on sunday BI

i've never been able to do tumbleturns but i only swim breaststroke when i go swimming these days

• Options

I don't even know what a tumbleturn is image

Howdy doodie everyone image I see everyone is well and doing some good training

• Options

Howdy doodie back atchya Cabbey! image 

It's not been much each time, but I've managed to do either circuits or a short run or both every day now since Saturday.  The campaign has begun image

Great to *see* you Grandad Q image  How's life with you?  I see you've been swimming a fair bit lately too?

I'll let you know how I get on after my lesson tomorrow BI image

• Options

Hope you're well Cabby and Grandad Q.

• Options

quite well BI at the momment touch wood

i go swimming with mrs Q pegg as it's the only exercise she can manage. good luck with your lesson