Options

Excited new runner

Comments

• Options

Here are two that my fella took - the actual marathon foto ones I look dead miserable and....well, dead!! terrible pics - but because I saw Rus, he made me smile - a much better piccy!!

• Options

Looking good Em - great pics xxx

• Options
    Hey Peeps. Mucho congrats on the great results on Sunday. You both deserve a medal - and hopefully you got one together with a goodie bag! Can't believe you were so close by didn't meet up! Have any of us ever met at all? Anyway great runs guys. And great pics Em - they are the most natural looking healthy race photos I've seen - you look great - did you photoshop them? Haha!image

Where are your pics Boo?

Maam great news on the running but take it easy to start with. Maybe the GNR will be a possibility afterall!?!

Stripes sorry to hear about the injury mate - I know us men are rubbish with the docs but you should get it checked out. And you were doing so well too I thought you'd be marathon ready by now. Hope you're still able to get to Anfield. We missed the Swansea game as they changed the date for the league cup final. My boy was gutted but luckily I flogged the tickets. Pleased to see they are getting it together at last. Coutinho will be a good buy for them.

I'm still in agony with my back and it doesn't seem to be getting better. I've booked for some physio on Thursday so hopefully it will ease things. My rubbings been non existent as a result now and lo and behold I'm eating like a horse again. No not hay but cakes and ice cream. Fine when your running every other day but bad on the waistline if you're not doing any exercise. Still I'm determined to get fit again. I may even go in the garage now and grease up the mistress ready for a late night session! I'm talking about the tready - you filthy lot! image
  • Options

Silver - great to hear from you, sorry to hear that your back is still giving you so much grief but try to stay positive, watch what you eat and do the exercises they set, no more no less.  I know it is hard, but it does pay off.  It has taken me 8 months to be told that I can try running again and in that time I have put on a whole 3lb!!!!! It can be done, I'm living proof of it, and yes GNR will be great, even if I have to walk I'm going this year, would be good to see you there xxx

I think we should try to organise something to get us all to say hi, with or without a run, maybe meal and drink image well after easter as I've given Alcohol and Cholclate up for lent and feeling great for it.

Where is Stewart???? Please don't say lost in all that scenery he runs in.

Must go get ready, another job interveiw today, something else that I haven't given up on image

• Options

Sneaking in to say hello. I did a very gentle run yesterday but have been rubbish for the last few months. I am expecting a third baby in August which is exciting but also means I need to get myself as fit as possible to avoid bed rest at the end of the pregnancy.

Silver, I hope your back gets better soon. Sounds like you're really suffering. 

I haven't read back yet but I see congratulations are in order for some impressive actual running!

Sorry for being AWOL, I still read very occasionally but don't feel I have much to contribute when I'm lazing around feeling sick instead of getting muddy outside.

• Options

Aw, just read back a few pages and am touched my name still came up from time to time, thank you.

Stripes, sounds horrible, I hope you brave the health professionals and get a resolution soon.

• Options

Mal, great to hear from you and congrats on the baby, bet your really excited. Good news on the running just take it easy xxx

• Options

Mal - awwww, congratulations!!!!  don't worry about coming on here if you haven't been running - you're part of this group!! x

Silver - ha ha - you do know that my other half is a photographer right?!!  I don't often smile when running but I did see him there and he made me smile (plus it was only around mile 3 so i was fresh too!) but what I would say is..... the terrible pictures - i'm not sharing!  The ones where one of your feet is landing, your eyes are shut and somehow you've got the biggest jowls! the 'downward' motion shots that always look horrific.  those i keep for myself image

Yes - so last person to send a search party out for is Stewart - Maam - he's not loitering on other threads is he and avoiding this one?  if this were facebook, we could poke him.....

• Options
    I don't even know what that means!

MAL!!!! You are alive and well and with child - that's fantastic! I'm thrilled for you that's quite a brood you'll have by August. Sounds like you're like Mrs S and her sisters - just one look and they get preggers! How's Mr Mal looking forward to another one?

On the running front our office manager finished Silverstone in 2.11 with a broken toe no less! Impressive hey! She's a fitness fanatic!

Off to see a big beefy man tomorrow for some physio on my lower back. PLEASE let it do me some good as I'm still in agony and its been 3 weeks now! Im nervous Im goingvto come out black and blue snd in more pain than I am now. Ill let you know how it goes.
  • Options

Em - I like your idea of giving him a poke/nudge.

STEWART - WHERE ARE YOU?????? We miss you xxx

See if that helps image

Interview done for today so waiting again!

• Options

Silver - sure you'll do just fine at the physio and sure they won't hurt you 'that' much.  Do what I did, tell them they can push you but not make you cry, that is my ground rule image

I want to run, can't believe it is still a week till back at physio to get the next clear.

Been making cup cakes tonight as it is Carl's 40th tomorrow, managed to make 3 different types and 54 cakes in total! Put chocolate in nearly all of them so I won't eat them, tact to the diet image Thinking of making a proper cake for when we have friend over Saturday but think might get caked out, especially when we have a fancy dress party Easter weekend for joint 40th Carl and his best mate. My Uncle is making that cake as way out of my ability, if all works out I will post pics, and if I feel ok I'll even post pics of my rather small fitting, short outfit image

• Options

Good Morning all, just thought I'd say Hi image

• Options

I would jsut like to report that I am not longer aching haha image

Silver - your office managers time was close to us as well image 

We took Meg (dog) home yesterday image gutted image I miss her so much image on a good note we have her for a weekend in April and also told we can have her when we want image which is great

If any of you hear of an English Springer Bitch around 5 years old needs rehoming please let me know image

Derngate Theatre to see Harry Hill tonight image should be a laugh image

• Options

Hey Boo - good to hear that you have stopped aching now.  Sorry to hear that your dog happiness has reached an end for now though, but will mean you can go back to running image x

• Options

Been back on the bike today image Only 15 minutes, but better than nothing and feeling stronger every day.

• Options
    Well that hurt! Having a very muscular man stick his elbow repeatedly in your right buttock isn't much fun. Seriously at one point I yelped a little and at another point I had tears in my eyes. I was actually gripping the bottom of the table with both hands to stop myself jumping off. He was loving it too inflicting the pain. Once he'd found my tight muscle he wouldn't let it go - err if you know what I mean?!?

Seems like a really nice fella though and hes loosened me up at last. I'm going back for another sesh next week. Good value at 20 quid for 30mins I reckon.

Ma'am the cup cakes sound divine. Hope your man is grateful. Is he having a party too.

Enjoy Harry Hill Boo. My wife got me tickets for Sean Lock in May. Can't wait.

Feeling much happier after my treatment. I can see a healthy future ahead although Mrs S has her ailments again and guess what she's making sure we all know about them! image
  • Options

Silver - glad to hear that your treatment has gone well, the elbow in the buttock does hurt, but by god it helps afterwards, you may feel a bit like you have a bruise for a bit but def worth it, especially at that price image

OH is very happy and sent me a text, and I quote "you've pleasured a lot of men in a short space of time" he does work in a factory so shouldn't expect anything less.  Wierd thing is the ones I eat are making me feel sick, think it is just coz of not eating sweet junk food for 3 weeks now! 3 and a bit more to got, but body now not liking - can't decide if that is good or bad image

As for a party, yep having one Easter Saturday, fancy dress with a sci fi/fantasy theme.  It is a joint party as OH best mate if 40 beginning of April. Should be good fun just not looking forward to the drive to Leeds to get the cake.

• Options

hee hee

found the last couple of posts very funny.  first of all i was thinking, wouldn't it be funny if Mrs Silver ever read this thread!!! I think someone would be (back) in the dog house. I especially chuckled at the "once he got hold of my tight muscle" part....

Maam - respect to you - pleasuring all those men in a short space of time.

hee hee

sorry - back to running now.  Did Silverstone on sunday, short 2 miles on monday, 4 on tuesday (struggle) so a day off yesterday (creme egg and butter fudge) and back on it today with 4 and abit miles.  I feel like i've not done much running and i'm out of my routine too - hoping next week I can get on with the daily 5 mile morning runs... 

Booey - enjoy HH tonight!  Stripes - have you made that appt yet? 

xxx

• Options
    That's very funny Ma'am. I'd like to be pleasured with one of your cakes myself!! Hahaimage

I forgot to mention that its my boys ninth birthday tomorrow too. Having a Scalextric bday party on Sat with 14 of his mates. Thankfully it's at a place set up for that sort of thing and not at our house. It was mine a week ago too. There's a lot of Pisceans around here!
  • Options

Wow, Silver - that party sounds like great fun, can we come - I'll bring you cake image

Em - can see why it is funny, the things we read, and yes agree if was read back someone would be back in the dog house x

• Options
    I like to see the funny side of life Em. Life's too short for misery and woe and my life's too stressful - if I couldn't have a laugh I just couldn't get through each day. We've got a few new guys in the office now and when the moods right we have can have a right laugh - good for moral when everyone's flat out.

Speaking of misery and woe i couldn't ever let Mrs S read this forum. If that ever happened an elbow in my buttock would be the least of my worries!image

Off to delete my Internet history - smell you later!
  • Options

lmao Silver you are funny image

Em - I have not run since Sunday image but saying that I do usually have a week off after a HM image I shall get out this weekend at somepoint, although the snow is making an appearance again sunday/monday I believe and turning very cold image

Harry Hill was great, my cheeks were aching all night through laughing so much image

Got a possible HM or 10K on 17th local to me so just considering it

Have a great weekend everyone image

• Options
    Poor Mrs S! Lucky runners world isn't her thing. I managed a quick and gentle run yesterday and hoping for another tomorrow. Some horrible man shouted something rude about my slow pace and "fat" stomach, didn't retort but can now think of lots of things I should've said. image writing an essay for uni (er...procrastinating an essay) so better slope off.
  • Options

Mal - OMG that's horrific.  I bet the man had the tiniest, teeniest thing ever.  Hence his horrid nature.

I hate people like that.  That's made me feel quite angry.

Silly sod.

Hope you're ok xxxx (bet you were running faster than he was....!!!!)

• Options

Mal - so not fair, you are doing great and some people are just so unhappy in their life they need to bring everyone to their level, smile and know you are better than them, n that we love you xxxx

• Options
    That's really bad Mal. I don't know how people can be so rude, although Ive got a big thing so it doesn't cross my mind! Sorry couldn't resist that one Em!

I'm aching like mad after the massage yesterday - bruises everywhere and we're taking 15 9 year olds to a Scalextric party tomorrow afternoon! Joy!!
  • Options

Silver - have a great day, bet the kids love it, I'm jealous, wish was there too image

• Options

Feeling happy today, build up my cycle time to 20 minutes and increased leg exercises, oh and been wearing heals all day image

Been to hospital to for my scan on my hands before seeing rhumatoid woman next month. Arrived, parked, seen, paid (well free) and home in 40 minutes! I'm happy with that image

Just waiting for a bit before picking friends up for a pre birthday party film n chinese night, think we are going to be celebrating for the next month at this rate, going out to celebrate 2 years of being together next week at South African place, mmmmmm image

• Options
    Maam so pleased you've had such a good day. I've finished my essay but need to proof read and format it and sort out references. Deadline Tuesday.