2012 Marathon thread

what marathon are people planning or training for next year mine is Chester again and hoping to get 3h30

Comments

• Not really sure at minute. Have done Paris, Edinburgh and Palma this year and was only happy with Palma. Probably just 2 in 2012. Still have a chance of London in running club ballot. If not, maybe Paris again although a very expensive weekend. Could stay local and do Stratford. Autumn, Snowdon maybe...
  • I'm thinking about doing New Forest however this is going to depend on how the training goes for the Bracknell Half.
  • Edging towards the new Manchester in April, which i think is the same day as Stratford, which is the other option. Would love to do Snowdonia later in the year, but probably out of my depth there.
  • Brighton. First marathon. Aim is simply to finish. If I manage that faster than a stuffed elephant can stroll the same distance, I'll be entirely happy.
  • London/Chester/ Snowdonimage Same as this year
  • Sussex with an aim just to finish, don't even care if the stuffed elephant is faster than me! Possibly Nottingham as well if Sussex doesn't kill me
  • Belvoir Challenge and VLM. Not sure after that...
  • Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

VLM and maybe Chicago image

F

• Chicago Fiona? Sounds like a nice holiday is on the cards?
  • compo 1compo 1 ✭✭✭
    Jason D

I will be doing Chester again just done Holmfirth 15 miler for the 9th year in a row in 1h47 this time
  • Edinburgh. First marathon. Aim is to finish! (But hopefully under 4 hours.)
  • No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭

VLM aim is 2:55, Dublin to help a friend get round there first marathon.image 

Fiona sounds niceimage

• Abingdon again for me. Probably Brighton too.
  • Brighton- hopefully sub 4.45 or 4.30 as I was robbed last year with the heat and really want to nail it next year!!

• Brighton for me too: first one. Might consider an autumn one too - Liverpool or Chester. Not really focussing on anything more than finishing, but I suppose 4-20 would be nice.
  • Rome for me. Hoping to go under 3:50
  • Fiona CFiona C ✭✭✭

Yep Spoons, hope that my sister is up for a break to Chicago for my autumn marathon. Is Belvoir challenge an Ultra?

Were you not close to 2:55 this year NP?

jason see you can't wait to get back to Snod. image

Chester and Brighton look popular!

F

• Belvoir challenge is one of my favourite events. 26 miles of mud image
  • RatzerRatzer ✭✭✭
    VLM.  2nd and last marathon.  Last one was the 1st and last...
  • Fiona- still have unfinished business with that courseimage
  • No PainNo Pain ✭✭✭

Fiona 2:58 last year but it was bloody hot image.

Jason hope to meet up and run with you next yearimage. Red GFA.

• Dr.DanDr.Dan ✭✭✭
    image I'm considering starting the 2013 Marathon Thread (or Treadimage).
  • Brighton for me also.
  • lol Dr D - 2014 Marathon Tread is up image
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    I might chip into this one if I can keep up.  image 
  • Keep up? image
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭
    Oh and VLM. Target... 3.15.
  • Minni - we don't mention the "L" word on this thread. You'll learn.
  • FayaFaya ✭✭✭
    Running the Brighton Marathon next year. First marathon, just looking to finish image
  • MinniMinni ✭✭✭

"L" word? 

Love... Lust... Lager....     What is the 'L' word?  image

Surely not  London?  said very quietly just in case....